Cigar Aficianados'

So to you all, what makes a good smoke?

The owner of the shop that I go to eventually noticed me stepping up my game and recommended H. Upmanns. Indeed those have been my favorite thus far.

On a side note, I've always been tickled by the fact the Charles Spurgeon aka "The prince among Preachers!" used to as he said, "Smoke unto the glory of the Lord!" LOL!

Last edited:
So how big the humidors and what kind of hygrometers do you use, what about keeping the humidor at the right temperature, i.e. propylene glycol?

Mine holds around 150 cigars. I use both the analog and digital hydrometers. I also use the propylene solution. The tricky part is the right room to place the humidor in.

I am presently attending a conference in Tampa, Florida. I am staying in a hotel at a section called Ybor City or something like that. It is also on the street that has to be a cigar smokers paradise. Too many smoke shops to list. Pick up a little something from one shop where I could have just chilled and played some dominoes or something. Other shops got their own thing. Most of them make their hand rolled cigars and have avaliable other paraphernalia. Too cool....
IMG_0126-2.JPG

These things right here. I just didn't know. One of the best smokes I've had yet. Lately I had been loving Ashtons but these are perfect for my taste...!!!

leafbyoscar.jpg

A victory cigar after every win....LOL Discovered the Corojo No.5 Gran Habano. Smooth/mild and no after taste. I don't inhale and do a lot of spitting.

P.S. An sTu alum owns Top Ten Cigars in the Humble/Atascocita area on N. Sam Houston E. Pkwy. and Wilson Rd. He has another store on 1960 @ Timber Forest Atascocita area.

Last edited:
2021 Top 25 Cigars

Last edited:
I have only smoked a cigar once in my life. That damn thing made me so sick. I threw up all over the place. They are not supposed to do that to you right? What did I do wrong?

I have only smoked a cigar once in my life. That damn thing made me so sick. I threw up all over the place. They are not supposed to do that to you right? What did I do wrong?
Some things that I know not to do or they could indeed get you sick:

1. Never inhale, just puff
2. Never smoke on an empty stomach, preferrably after a good full meal
3. Don't smoke too fast, take your time with it
4. Novice cigar smokers should start out with medium cigars and work their way up

4. Novice cigar smokers should start out with medium cigars and work their way up
Oh, now you tell me. 🤣 I think the inhaling is what got me. But this is all good to know.

You may want to add, once you get down to the label, you may want to let that cigar go, unless you are very experience and know what you are in for.

Back