Christmas in the Dome

Renoir

Last year we might as well had given TU the game ?boxed, wrapped and gently placed under the tree?. We knew that they had a light DL and yet we refused to pound the football. Southern turned the ball over several times in the red zone and at least once on the goal line. Moving the football wasn?t a concern but holding on to the ball was! That won?t happen this year in the dome. Hopefully this time the Jags will combine punishing smash-mouth football along with a revamped passing offense to wear down the TU defense.

Defensively the Jags will be bigger, stronger and as fast as any unit you will face in C-USA (with depth). Hats off to QB Ramsey for maintaining his composure and making good decisions (he took several hard hits while standing in the pocket). But Ramsey is gone and the new guy is suspect to ?fumbling the football when hit? (C-USA board tidbit). It stands to reason that if SU got to Ramsey (who had an experienced OL) how will the new QB fair with an inexperienced OL?

BTW: I did listen to the TU locker-room radio interviews. The way they were celebrating you?ve thought that they had just beaten L<b>SU<bbr>.

Originally posted by Renoir
Last year we might as well had given TU the game ?boxed, wrapped and gently placed under the tree?. We knew that they had a light DL and yet we refused to pound the football. Southern turned the ball over several times in the red zone and at least once on the goal line. Moving the football wasn?t a concern but holding on to the ball was! That won?t happen this year in the dome. Hopefully this time the Jags will combine punishing smash-mouth football along with a revamped passing offense to wear down the TU defense.

Defensively the Jags will be bigger, stronger and as fast as any unit you will face in C-USA (with depth). Hats off to QB Ramsey for maintaining his composure and making good decisions (he took several hard hits while standing in the pocket). But Ramsey is gone and the new guy is suspect to ?fumbling the football when hit? (C-USA board tidbit). It stands to reason that if SU got to Ramsey (who had an experienced OL) how will the new QB fair with an inexperienced OL?

BTW: I did listen to the TU locker-room radio interviews. The way they were celebrating you?ve thought that they had just beaten L<b>SU<bbr>.

First of all, that was Tulane's first win of the season, so celebration was mandatory.

JP Losman was the #2 rated QB coming out of HS. He's a good QB. I don't know who got that crap about his alledgedly having a fumbling problem. I haven't seen it. Oh, and JP runs like a King, if you catch my drift.

CUSA had four top ten defenses in I-A last season. So Southern's that good on defense, eh? Or maybe you'd like to restate your assessment?

Oh, when a team RUSHES for more yards than you PASS for, that's not really moving at will. That's getting a lot of chances. And getting 350 yards versus a defense that gave up close to five hundred yards per game isn't doing that well when the dust clears. Neither is scoring only seven points, by the way.

Losman is a good QB. Tulane seem to always manage to have a decent QB, receivers, running backs, and special teams. Now the rest of your team is garbage. If you were at the game last year you witness for yourself that in the trenches SU were better then Tulane. Forget about what you witness from SU on offense last year. This SU team will not squandered opportunity, after opportunity to put points on the board. Tulane will be facing a much improve offense, defense, and special teams.

• I am just wondering two things
  • Will we have Conference USA officials again this year?
    and
  • Who will be Tulane head coach after the lose to SU.

Back