Christmas Cd's

MACBFAC

No Mulligans!!
Diana Krall "Christmas Songs" and Marcus Miller "Smooth Jazz Christmas"
what are some of your favorites?

"My Gift To You" by Alexander O'Neal is about 20 years old, but sounds better every year. "Christmas With Dottie" by Dottie Peoples. Kenny G's first Christmas album is nice. Also, if you can find that "Smooth Grooves" Christmas CD, its very nice too.

As far as singles go, my all-time favorite is "This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway. It ain't officially the Christmas season, until I hear this song. :tup:

My season doesn't start until i pop in my Temptations "Give Love at Christmas" cd. I have the vinyl, the cassette, and now the cd.

My favorites are:

1. "This Christmas" - Donnie Hathaway

2. "The Christmas Song" - Nat King Cole

3. "What Do the Lonely Do at Christmas" - The Emotions

4. "Christmas Time Is Near" - Peanuts Gang

5. "Silent Night" - The Temptations

6. "Oh Holy Night" - *Whoever can REALLY sing this song well*

7. "Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel - Old Catholic School Favorite :D

Awww dayum!!!! Now why ya'll hafta go and remind me that I gotta listen to Christmas dang CD's on the way back from Indiana!!!! :redhot: Man by the time I hit GA I will have heard, Temptations, Nat King Cole, Donnie Hathaway, the please be home for Christmas dude (can't remember his name) shoot probably even Mahalia.

Gottt doggittt!!!!! :kaioken:

Kurt Franklin, 36 Mafia, Jezzey, Big & Rich, Kenny Chesney.....ANYBODY send help!!!!!!

Ntelekt said:
My favorites are:

4. "Christmas Time Is Near" - Peanuts Gang

Ok, I don't know about yall, but the instrumental version by Vince Guaraldi is probably THE tightest version of "Christmas Time is Here" I ever heard which was done in 1965? There has been a lot of versions made since his and I have never heard one that even comes close.

Bengal E said:
. . . the please be home for Christmas dude (can't remember his name) . . .

His name is Charles Brown, and I love that song too. :tup: He also did "Merry Christmas Baby", (others did this song too) another classic.

Also, the song by Vince Guaraldi is "Christmas Time Is Here". I love that one too. :tup:

Deuce said:
His name is Charles Brown, and I love that song too. :tup: He also did "Merry Christmas Baby", (others did this song too) another classic.

I can listen to that all season along w/ NKC's "Christmas song"

In addtion to all the one's that have been listed

"What Child is This" - Vanessa Williams
"Someday At Christmas" - Stevie Wonder
"The Christmas Song" - Stevie Wonder/India.Arie
"Let it Snow" - Boys II Men/Brian McKnight
"Santa Go Straight to the Ghetto" - James Brown
"Give Love on Christmas Day" - New Edition
"All I want for Christmas is You" - Mariah Carey
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" - The Temptations
"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" - The Jackson 5

Back