Cholesterol...

BluBlood

"Mississippi Woman"
Anyone having difficulties keeping yours down? What can be done to lower it? Exercise? What type of foods? :retard:

I once had a cholesterol level of 240 :eek: and got it down to 200 in a 3- month period! It has leveled between 200 and 205 for the last two years.

These are the only changes I made:
Bowl of oatmeal for breakfast 5 days a week
I never fry foods or cook red meat. I bake. I only eat fish, chicken and cook ground turkey in place of ground beef.
I only eat pork and red meats when I'm at a restaraunt, and that's few and far between.

Those were the only changes I made. Now I have started exercising 5 days a week, so I'm sure my level is much better now. :tup:

Oats on a regular basis, such as oatmeal or cheerios.

Steam your veggies so that they retain the nutrients in them.

I once had a cholesterol level of 240 :eek: and got it down to 200 in a 3- month period! It has leveled between 200 and 205 for the last two years.

These are the only changes I made:
Bowl of oatmeal for breakfast 5 days a week
I never fry foods or cook red meat. I bake. I only eat fish, chicken and cook ground turkey in place of ground beef.
I only eat pork and red meats when I'm at a restaraunt, and that's few and far between.

Those were the only changes I made. Now I have started exercising 5 days a week, so I'm sure my level is much better now. :tup:

Man LS, I was about in tears this past w/e after learning that prolonged steroid use increases the LDL (bad) and decreases the HDL (good). Even w/ me exercising for 2-3 hours on avg 4-5 days a week over the years, my cholest level was waaaaaay above 300. The doc called me a walking heart-attack just waiting to happen. I felt fine and could do anything under the sun physically. But I was beginning to feel terrible.

Fried foods were the norm. Hell, I'd eat an 8 piece of chicken by myself w/ 5-6 slices of bread AFTER exercising and then go IMMEDIATELY to sleep. Stupid. I developed cholest issues and THEN digestive issues (acid reflux). :read:

Eating right is paramount. I think you can do the fried thing every now and then but not every single day of every single week like my folx do. lol (did) Raw veggies and fruits are the key. I tried the lipitors and others and they made my legs go numb :confused: so the doc decided to attack my triglycerides (which were RIDICULOUSLY high) w/ an over the counter supplement: niacin. :) I haven't had it checked recently but I know I need to. I'm anxious to see where it is. One thing's for certain, I FEEL a lot better. :tup:

Must be why mine stays pretty low...I love OATMEAL and cereal w/oats in them. Then too, I don't eat too many fried foods either.

Make wheatgrass, grapefruit, garlic and flaxseed oil your friends. Combine that with upping the fruits and veggies, nixed the fried ****, and moving your ass more, unless you got a genetic predisposition, you should be good.

Back