Sat, Sep. 23, 2017 PRAIRIE VIEW

Sat, Oct. 7, 2017 ALCORN STATE

Sat, Oct. 14, 2017 @ Texas Southern

Sat, Oct. 28, 2017 Alabama A&M "Magic City Classic"

Sat, Nov. 4, 2017 @ Jackson State

Sat, Nov. 11, 2017 GRAMBLING

Sat, Nov. 18, 2017 @ Mississippi Valley

Thu, Nov. 23, 2017 "Turkey Day Classic" TBA

Add Alabama State & Prairie View to your list.

Prairie View coming into this week was the only school that we knew for sure wouldn't play a SWAC school as a OOC game. You can add ASU to that list.

UAPB and Southern roll off the schedule

Last edited:
?????????????????

""""Prairie View coming into this week was the only school that we knew for sure wouldn't play a SWAC school as a OOC game. You can add ASU to that list.

http://twitter.com/MVSUDevils
Life Is Like A Toilet... Sometimes You Have To Take Some S*** And Keep It Movin - P.P. (Copyright P.P. )"""""

?????????????????

""""Prairie View coming into this week was the only school that we knew for sure wouldn't play a SWAC school as a OOC game. You can add ASU to that list.

http://twitter.com/MVSUDevils
Life Is Like A Toilet... Sometimes You Have To Take Some S*** And Keep It Movin - P.P. (Copyright P.P. )"""""

As Swac football schedules have been released or known of, PV was the only school that wasn't playing a conference foe as a ooc game. TxS, Alcorn, Jsu & Grambling have shown they are playing conference foes as ooc games in 2017. We now know Alabama ST is not playing a conference foe as a ooc game too.

I would imagine SU is looking for one more home game since we got to go back to Lorman and Jackson next Fall.

We got the MEAC/SWAC game with SC State at home
UTSA on the road
USM on the road.

So I assume since Bama State rolled off SU's schedule. It is either MVSU or A&M that will be the other East team that rolls of SU schedule.

bama state has not formally secured an opponent for the turkey day classic. everyone assumes that it will be miles, but that gives them 2 DII opponents, something that maybe you can do on occasion but not on a regular basis. same with fbs opponents (they play 2 in 2018 again, something that shouldn't be done on a regular basis). they already have 4 non conference games in 2018 so that means....no turkey day classic? don't think that is a 12 game regular season year.

UAPB rolled off Alcorn and ASU's schedules so that assures we will have to play them as a conference opponent (Home game) *pumps fist* lol

(Doesn't 100% guarantee that we won't play SU as one but I feel somewhat confident Kee won't schedule SU as an OOC opponent since they're really the only West team left that hasn't scheduled one already or we know won't have one (PV))

UAPB rolled off Alcorn and ASU's schedules so that assures we will have to play them as a conference opponent (Home game) *pumps fist* lol

(Doesn't 100% guarantee that we won't play SU as one but I feel somewhat confident Kee won't schedule SU as an OOC opponent since they're really the only West team left that hasn't scheduled one already or we know won't have one (PV))

We may have y'all on the schedule for the 7th opponent. It's either Valley or A&M. I am hoping A&M because they are due to come to BR. Valley would mean us probably scheduled there. One thing for sure I think SU will not schedule whomever rolls off for an OOC game. I am hoping we talking to FAMU to come to BR in 17 and us to them in 18. That's my hope!!

AAMU OoC is Vandy, UAB and South Alabama. I'm assuming it will be a D2 or regional FCS for the Fourth OOc.

http://bamastatesports.com/news/201...nounces-2017-turkey-day-classic-opponent.aspx

Alabama State University Director of Athletics Melvin Hines announced the Hornets football program will host Cheyney University for the 94th annual Turkey Day Classic at ASU Stadium.

Again, this game is a problem for bama state. I know you want to play your homecoming on thanksgiving but if you can't convince the swac office to rotate a conference opponent into this game then its time to let it go. Tuskegee doesn't want to be a part of it & as long as your fcs everyone else's season is complete by that time. That also makes 2 DII teams on the schedule which is pretty weak though one of them is tuskegee.

http://bamastatesports.com/news/201...nounces-2017-turkey-day-classic-opponent.aspx

Alabama State University Director of Athletics Melvin Hines announced the Hornets football program will host Cheyney University for the 94th annual Turkey Day Classic at ASU Stadium.

Again, this game is a problem for bama state. I know you want to play your homecoming on thanksgiving but if you can't convince the swac office to rotate a conference opponent into this game then its time to let it go. Tuskegee doesn't want to be a part of it & as long as your fcs everyone else's season is complete by that time. That also makes 2 DII teams on the schedule which is pretty weak though one of them is tuskegee.

Which conference opponent would be available and how much would ASU be willing to pay?

Clueless about what the 7 game conference schedule is all about...

Im clueless too... smh

I have my opinion on what it SHOULD be about but others may have different opinions. And with NO direction from the conference..... THIS is what you get.

Im actually not upset about KSU, Tuskegee and Troy. Troy is not Power 5 and is regional. A fellow FCS school would be better but Troy is somewhat understandable. Scheduling CU makes no sense!

They just need to beg Tuskegee back! This game makes no sense without them. Why Miles won't do it?

AAMU has got tuskegee's head all messed up. they actually believe that fcs schools should come play on their campus or at the least play on neutral fields a la famu.

maybe alabama state should get tuskegee to negotiate a bama state game with the tide in hornet stadium.

They just need to beg Tuskegee back! This game makes no sense without them. Why Miles won't do it?

AAMU has got tuskegee's head all messed up. they actually believe that fcs schools should come play on their campus or at the least play on neutral fields a la famu.

Don't they now have a deal in place to play Tuskegee on Labor Day Weekend for the next few years?

Don't they now have a deal in place to play Tuskegee on Labor Day Weekend for the next few years?

Yep...4 year deal. Finding a Thanksgiving Day opponent is difficult. Would the Texas SWAC schools be interested in being the opponent in the TDC since we will be playing either PV or TXSU each year at home under the 7 game mandate?

Yep...4 year deal. Finding a Thanksgiving Day opponent is difficult. Would the Texas SWAC schools be interested in being the opponent in the TDC since we will be playing either PV or TXSU each year at home under the 7 game mandate?

If they aren't the game needs to be scrapped. Unless the 2018 season is a 12 game year there won't be a turkey day classic anyway. Already have 4 ooc games:. 2 fbs teams, Kennesaw and Tuskegee on labor day

Would the Texas SWAC schools be interested in being the opponent in the TDC since we will be playing either PV or TXSU each year at home under the 7 game mandate?

Can't speak for stu but I know PV is not interested.

Back