"Chappelle's Show" Shut Down

MACHIAVELLI

Chairman/C.E.O.
By Charlie Amter
Wed May 4, 7:08 PM ET

Chappelle's Show is a no go, *****!

ADVERTISEMENT

In a surprise announcement Wednesday, Comedy Central announced that the highly anticipated third season of Dave Chappelle's will not make its May 31 premiere date.

"Comedy Central has suspended production on the third season of Chappelle's Show until further notice," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a brief statement. "All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future."

No official reason was given for the shutdown, but sources told E! News that Chappelle has been MIA from the set for weeks.

In December, the network said that Chappelle's Show was behind schedule after Chappelle fell ill, forcing the network to postpone the expected February debut of new episodes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050504/en_tv_eo/16484_1115248187

I hate to say I saw this coming, but I did. When they made the announcement back in December that he was ill, the writers were tripping, he was late to production meetings, the shows that were done were not good, and that he'd gotten big headed, I knew the end was near.

Hopefully dude can regain his senses, and do what's right.

Martin Lawrence send help.

NICE

MACHIAVELLI said:
By Charlie Amter
Wed May 4, 7:08 PM ET

Chappelle's Show is a no go, *****!

ADVERTISEMENT

In a surprise announcement Wednesday, Comedy Central announced that the highly anticipated third season of Dave Chappelle's will not make its May 31 premiere date.

"Comedy Central has suspended production on the third season of Chappelle's Show until further notice," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a brief statement. "All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future."

No official reason was given for the shutdown, but sources told E! News that Chappelle has been MIA from the set for weeks.

In December, the network said that Chappelle's Show was behind schedule after Chappelle fell ill, forcing the network to postpone the expected February debut of new episodes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050504/en_tv_eo/16484_1115248187

Sounds like a "Richard Pryor Show" move to me.

ok --- whats the real story? What if anything did the people on morning drive raido have to this morning?

The good news...Dave is still rich b!tch!!!

He will be replaced by someone as the new comic genius. I wonder if the same thing will happen to Reno 911. I have been waiting on word from Comedy Central about their 3rd season.

It really doesn't matter because I still have "The Trailer Park Boys" one BBC-America.

kellis said:
They should have never gave that jigga money. :shame: :shame:

:jump: you'd a though that they would have known better, now they will probably never get those shows. i hope ol'boy read his contract. :read:

I hope this is just a publicity stunt to gain some attention for the season premier scheduled for May 31. Maybe he's running with the "RUN AWAY BRIDE" theme. Hopefully he'll pop up a day before the show airs with a stupid towel over is head yelling "I'M BACK B ITCHES!!!!!"

NASTYNUPE said:
I hope this is just a publicity stunt to gain some attention for the season premier scheduled for May 31. Maybe he's running with the "RUN AWAY BRIDE" theme. Hopefully he'll pop up a day before the show airs with a stupid towel over is head yelling "I'M BACK B ITCHES!!!!!"

it would be funny :hat:

Chappelle in Psych hospital

Comedian Dave Chappelle has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa and has remained there since late April, according to a source close to the situation. The same source denies rumors of drug abuse. Other sources have also told EW that the future of Chappelle's Show ? the hit Comedy Central series that was entering its third season ? is more uncertain than the network has suggested.

Comedy Central last week made a hasty announcement that the show's third season, already delayed from its planned February start, had been postponed again. The network said it remained ''optimistic'' that production could resume. The highly rated sketch series has been a huge moneymaker for Viacom, which owns Comedy Central. Its second season is about to be released on DVD, on the heels of first-season sales that made it the top-selling television DVD in history.

Read more at: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1059677_3_0_,00.html

Chappelle: Time out
By C?sar G. Soriano, USA TODAY
Comedian Dave Chappelle, who vanished in the middle of filming his hit Comedy Central show last month, says he flew to South Africa for a "spiritual retreat" but denies reports that he checked into a mental institution and speculation that he might have had a drug problem.

Comedian Dave Chappelle is currently staying with friends in Durban, South Africa.
Comedy Central

"I'm not crazy," Chappelle tells Time magazine (May 23 issue, on newsstands today). "I'm not smoking crack. I'm definitely stressed out." Chappelle, who is staying with friends in the port town of Durban, says he did consult with a psychiatrist for one 40-minute session.

On April 28, Chappelle walked away from the set of Chappelle's Show and a deal worth up to $50 million, without word to his business associates. The already delayed third season of the sketch show was to have premiered May 31. It was postponed indefinitely after his disappearance.

Chappelle says he wasn't happy with the direction of the show. "So I figured, let me just cut myself off from everybody, take a minute and pull a Flintstone ? stop a speeding car by using my bare feet as brakes."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-05-15-chappelle-interview_x.htm?csp=34

Back