Chappelle gets his 'Super Freak' on

KtB

http://new.blackvoices.com/entertai...5827169.story?coll=bv-entertainment-tube-feat

Chappelle gets his 'Super Freak' on

LOS ANGELES -- David Chappelle is the front-runner to play musician Rick James on the big screen.

The 30-year-old comedian is negotiating to star "Memoirs of a Super Freak," based on James' memoirs, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

James has been working on the book for a while and is in talks with producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura to sell the rights.

James, 56, is best known for his hits "Super Freak (Part I)" "You and I" and "Mary Jane."

The musician is a favorite target for impersonation for Chappelle on his Comedy Central series "Chappelle's Show."

Copyright ? 2004, BlackVoices.com

Freakquency said:
The musician is a favorite target for impersonation for Chappelle on his Comedy Central series "Chappelle's Show."

That is exactly why this is a BAD idea.

I love Chappelle, and his impersonations of Rick James, but its old now, and making a movie of it at this point is pointless. He should have made the movie BEFORE he debuted the character on his show.

And not to overlook the fact that he doesn't look anything like Rick (face, body, weight, etc.)

Back