Chadwick Boseman passes away

I am deeply Sadden and Speechless! R.I.P. to a Gifted Young Man and Brother who Blessed Us with his Artistic Gifts that will live on until time is once again no more! 🙏🏾

Last edited:
You know I watched my father transition from Cancer and what kept him going was being able to fish on his boat. Acting kept Chadwick going.

Chadwick Boseman Gave Us Something We Had Not Had Before
He brought King T’Challa to life in a way that transfixed the world and spoke uniquely to Black Americans.
CLINT SMITH/ The Atlantic

What I’ll always remember about the first time I saw the film Black Panther are the costumes that people wore. It was a chilly night in Washington, D.C., and almost everyone in the theater was Black. Children dressed as Shuri, white dots of paint tracing the contours of their face, plastic Vibranium Gauntlets strapped to their arms. Boys and girls who’d gotten their hair cut into the quintessential style of Killmonger, black twists dangling at their temple. And there were, of course, those dressed as King T’Challa himself. People of every age and gender donned the black mask of the Black Panther, with its sharp, symmetrical silver lines; the hard-bodied top that enhanced the torso; the spiky necklace that gleamed under the light of the theater lobby. I remember how when people in costumes crossed paths with one another, they crossed their arms over their chest and said “Wakanda forever” with equal parts conviction and delight.

T’Challa as the Black Panther had existed as a comic-book superhero since Stan Lee and Jack Kirby conceived of him in 1966. But it was Chadwick Boseman who brought the fictional Wakandan monarch and superhero to the big screen, whose exceptional talent gave new life to the groundbreaking character and transfixed a global audience. Boseman’s steady disposition and even-temperedness filtered into the role of a king who was guided as much by his moral center as by his physical strength. It became difficult to see Boseman without thinking of the Black Panther, without wanting to thank him for giving us something we had not had before.

Last edited:
118793340_3641695295843508_5921429000609902239_o.jpg

Been missing in action on on HBCU Sports due to health reasons. Anyhow, just wanted to say RIP to Chadwick Boseman. Sometimes, some of us just stand out with our talents in a different kinda way. He was definitely one that did. Much respect.

I watched 21 Bridges last night. You could see the weight loss during the filming. He is a talent that will be missed.

Been missing in action on on HBCU Sports due to health reasons. Anyhow, just wanted to say RIP to Chadwick Boseman. Sometimes, some of us just stand out with our talents in a different kinda way. He was definitely one that did. Much respect.

Glad to have you back, sir! Hope your health concerns are over and conquered and that you are doing well!

Back