CBSS reports Southern Miss FB Coach Hopson Resigns

Okay, I am going to say it again then leave it alone because some of you just don't get it. There is a triple curse on Jsu. It cannot be broken by cleaning up for Covid-19. You have the curse of Jacque Walsh (soul and heartbreaking curse), Comegy (theft and betrayal curse) & Harold Jackson (cruit Sippi then Texas curse). To make matters worse, the curse steered you to Texas. Ashley came from Waller County and brought his PV & MVSU football pedigree with him and is now "laying hands" on Jsu football. The football gods have grown weary of you all playing in Confederate Memorial Stadium as well. Jsu football is in a hell of a fix.......smh & LOL
1599778688286.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What’s funny @CEE DOG is it’s been 20 years and still nobody cares about Alabama A&M. Your the school that went 7-5 this past season, and had a stadium social distancing In them stands before the pandemic even started. Stay out of grown membered institutions business.

LOL....this dude said social distancing pre pandemic.

Hmmm, Last time I heard we got this so emphatically, James Dumbbell showed up with his vaunted PWI bred running game. He was dubbed as being someone that has "actually been somewhere and seen some things." (help me, Jesus).....LOL

Last edited:
I wouldn't think so. The Hopson family has had a long history with Alcorn. His dad has been a great friend to our Nursing program over the years.
Alcorn is secretly founded by white folks. Alcorn was a white school in the beginning.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@BraveMan97 do you all have any tributes or dedications to the legend Hiram Revels? (no dog in the hunt but IMHO, the university could have been named after him as well).

To be honest, I thought he did about as well as one could expect at a program like USM.

Not me Kenn. I thought Hopson would keep USM in the 8-10 win column after his second year. He never had a losing season at The Rock, but losing to down the highway USA might have forced him out. Tough break. I was rooting for him. Hopson is a very cool cat.

Alcorn is secretly founded by white folks. Alcorn was a white school in the beginning.
Actually Alcorn has never been a white school. The state purchased private Oakland College campus to start Alcorn. But Oakland had been closed for year before Alcorn was established.. Alcorn was funded off of the first Morrill Act establishing as the first black land grant university.

@BraveMan97 do you all have any tributes or dedications to the legend Hiram Revels? (no dog in the hunt but IMHO, the university could have been named after him as well).
They have Revels Hall, a mens dormitory. If I'm not mistaken, it was initially proposed to be named after him but he turned down the offer and it was named after the governor at the time.

They have Revels Hall, a mens dormitory. If I'm not mistaken, it was initially proposed to be named after him but he turned down the offer and it was named after the governor at the time.

It sounds like a calculation on his part to increase the odds of the university's survival.

Actually Alcorn has never been a white school. The state purchased private Oakland College campus to start Alcorn. But Oakland had been closed for year before Alcorn was established.. Alcorn was funded off of the first Morrill Act establishing as the first black land grant university.
Different name same building. The state ( white folks) takes care of there own.

Back