Cartoon Trivia ?

Deuce said:
:lol:

OK man, Space Ghost was definetly cool, but the drums and that horn section on the Johnny Quest theme song could put the JB's to shame.

Jonny's horn section was nice in that theme music. I thought about that when I was listening to it on that website. BTW, my favorite JQ episode was "Turu the Terrible," about the prehistoric bird.

That Space Ghost theme just brings back memories from when I watched it on Saturday mornings at age 6-7, and then when NBC brought it back in the mid to late 70's. That music "haunts" me.

AAMU Alum said:
. . . my favorite JQ episode was "Turu the Terrible," about the prehistoric bird . . .

LOL ! ! ! I like that one too, but my all-time favorite has to be "The Curse of Anubis".

This one is featured in the opening and closing credits, where the mummy picks up the bad guy above his head and squashes him on the ceiling causing the pyramid to collapse burying them both.

Boy, they just don't make cartoons like they used to.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Deuce said:
LOL ! ! ! I like that one too, but my all-time favorite has to be "The Curse of Anubis".

This one is featured in the opening and closing credits, where the mummy picks up the bad guy above his head and squashes him on the ceiling causing the pyramid to collapse burying them both.

I like that one too. My other favorite was the one with the "spider-like" robot built by the Army. It's in the opening credits too....as well as Turu.

You're right, cartoons just aren't the same. JQ was one of the first animations where the characters actually looked like real humans, as opposed to the Flintstones (big Fred, and no-neck Barney) and The Jetsons (George had a nose like a cucumber.)

SLT said:
Slanghoopal ......:goof:

Foolish as it sounds, that's what it is. :lol: I learned that when that Flintstones' movie came out about 11 years ago (the one with Halle Berry as Rosetta Stone, and Liz Taylor...playing Wilma's mother.)

AAMU Alum said:
. . . Halle Berry as Rosetta Stone . . .

Speaking of trivia, without doing an internet search, do you know what (not who) the real "Rosetta Stone" was?

Here's the answer. (I'm sure yall were just about to get it :emlaugh: )

Rosetta Stone, granite slab bearing an inscription that was the key to the deciphering of Egyptian hieroglyphics and thus to the foundation of modern Egyptology. Found by French troops in 1799 near the town of Rash?d (Rosetta) in Lower Egypt, it is now in the British Museum, London. The stone was inscribed in 196 bc with a decree praising the Egyptian king Ptolemy V. Because the inscription appears in three scripts, hieroglyphic, demotic, and Greek, scholars were able to decipher the hieroglyphic and demotic versions by comparing them with the Greek version. The deciphering was chiefly the work of the British physicist Thomas Young and the French Egyptologist Jean Fran?ois Champollion.

mighty hornet said:
sorry Deuce, but the best theme song was

Captain Caveman
Grape Ape
Richie Rich (they had absolutely too much money) :lol:

Yes sir!!! Richie Rich had too much $$$!!!
:tup: to the Great Grape Ape
and Captian CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Also...I liked Jabberjaw, Laff a lympics...BirdMan, Leo the Lion( came on the Christian Cable channel...the channel that shows the 700 club)

Samson with the Lion who shot lasers from his eyes and his mane...and believe it or not

Beavis and Butthead and South Park...(this was during those days though I thought I was Cheech or Chong...)

Jax1906 said:
. . . Samson with the Lion who shot lasers from his eyes and his mane . . .

That cartoon was called "Samson and Goliath", and I thought I was the only person who remembered it. That was one of my favorites. :tup:

How could I forget The Pink Panther.

That was one cool cat. Even though that cartoon was voiceless, you could still follow along. And that music, The Pink Panther Theme was smooth as silk!

SLT said:

That was one cool cat. Even though that cartoon was voiceless, you could still follow along. And that music, The Pink Panther Theme was smooth as silk!
I agree!!!!!!
:tup:

Pink was one bad MF!!!

Jax1906 said:
.(this was during those days though I thought I was Cheech or Chong...)
ummmmm......

:emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh:
:emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
SLT said:

Voiceless made it good....I didn't like when he started to speak. Remember the Ant and Aardvark short clips they used to show.

Ice Man said:
Voiceless made it good....I didn't like when he started to speak. Remember the Ant and Aardvark short clips they used to show.

Yeah, that ant was cool too! :cool:

Dean Martin provided the voice for the ant and Joey Bishop was the voice of the aardvark.

Favorite Cartoon.

Pokemon. Been watching since Ash left Pallet Town...Episode #001.

Honorable mentions:
Yu-gi-oh.[Bandfan, who won against Yugi and Kiber? I was out of town and the wife did not record it. :( ]
Justice Leage: The old but esp. the new one on cartoon network.
Batman: The Dark knight series. The one that is on the Justice Leage.
Teen Titans:
Jackie Chan:
X-Men: Old and new.

I'm like the others too many to name. I have always loved cartoons.

Favorite Cartoons:

Clue Club, (Wolfer, & Wimper were the coolest dogs on television)
Smurfs (To bad Gargamell (sp) never got to eat one of those smurfs)
Mr T's cartoon
Fat Albert The Cosby Kids (The Brown Hornet was the man)
Speed Racer (Don't sleep on Speed's music either)
Tom & Jerry (Even though it was a bit racist)
Magilla Gorilla (Phugg grape ape)
Yogi & Friends (He's smarter than the average bear)
Heathcliff & Dingbat
Mr. Magoo (Has anybody ever been cooler than Magoo?)

NICE

Doc: here the Synopsis of last saturday's show:

After Kaiba's Obelisk the Tormentor and Yugi's Slyther the Sky Dragon attack each other (both having 4000 points each, thanks to Kaiba Life Shaver magic card) both Egyptian god Mosters were destroyed.
The Implosion created a weird light to where Yugi and Kaiba were caught in it. Yugi's Milliniem puzzle and Mereks Milliniem rod were activated and transported Yugi and Kaiba to Ancient Egypt in the past.

Yugi and Kaiba watched an epic battle between The Pharoh (Yugi) and his Royal Vizeir (Seto Kaiba). In the battle the Vizier played the stone tablet of the Blue Eyes White Dragon while the Pharoh played the stone tablet of the Dark Magician . After both Kaiba and Yugi saw that they were transported back to the dueling arena after the god card collision.

AFter both admitting to what they has seen, Kaiba continues with the duel. He played one card face down and ended his turn. Kaiba has no monsters to protect his life points and is wide open for a direct attack. Yugi then plays Gazelle the king of Mythical beast in defense mode (attk: 1200, no enough to finish Kaiba). Yugi also plays a magic card face down. Kaiba reveals his face down card to be a card that copy Yugi monster card. So Kaibas face down card becomes another Gazelle the king of Mythical beast. Kaiba then anounces that he is about to play a more "realiable card" in his deck (other than Obelisk). Kaiba uses a magic card that can pull from desk untill his he has 5 cards just so long after 5 turns he has to discard his whole hand in 5 turns.

Kaiba is about to play the BEWD, but in order to do that he has to sacrafice 2 monsters (because the BEWD has 8 stars and you have to sacrafice 1 monster per 4 stars). He use a magic card called DOUBLE DOWN, which cuts 2 stars off his BEWD. So now Kaiba only needs to sacrafise 1 monster......The Gazelle copy.
BEWD has been summoned (atk: 3000/2800) and destroys Yugis Mythica Beast.

Now Yugi doesnt have any monsters to protect his life points. Yugi knows that only one card can help him now. He pulls Monster Reborn from his deck and plays it on the field. He uses Monster reborn to bring back a card from his graveyard. The card he brings back is the DARK MAGICIAN (attk: 2500). Before when Kaiba forced Yugi to discard 2 cards from his hand (due to his Life Shaver card) one of the card must have been the Dark Magician. Now the profecy is true: Kaiba battles with the BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON and Yugi battles with THE DARK MAGICIAN, just like in the stone tablet. Yugi then places another card face down on the field and plays Beta the Magnet Warrior in defense mode.

Kaiba refuses to believe in the profecy so he plays Lord of Dragons and one face down card.. Kaiba has studied Yugi's past deuls and knows that the 2 face down cards that Yugi has will stop him. One of the cards is Spell textbook (which will raise the Dark Magicians attk points by 500, and the other is Spellbinding Circle which when attivated will reduce the opposing mosters points by half). Kaiba knows that when Lord of Dragons is one the field, that no trap or magic card can destroy his dragon so his safe from Yugi's face down cards. Yugi orders the Dark Magician to attack Lord of Dragons. Kaiba plays his face down card which is Transfixed Mirror. This card allows him to take any Magic card in Yugis graveyard. He picks Monster Reborn to bring back Obelisk the Tormentor.

Egyptian god Cards can only be brought back for 1 turn when using Moster Reborn. Kaiba uses Obelisk to defleck the Dark Magician attack back to Yugi. (You cant attack a moster who's attack points are higher than your moster, if so the differences in their attack points is taken from your life points.) Dark Magicians dark magic attack is relected back to Yugi who losses 1500 life points.

Now Kaiba has 2000 life points, with a BEWD, Obelisk and Lord of Dragons on the field while Yugi has 1500 life points, the Dark Magician and Beta on the field.......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sonny, looks like I did not miss anything. Can't wait til Saturday.

Who do you think is going to win this battle? I am now leaning towards a draw and all three will fight in the final round.

Back