Car Insurance

Tony

Meaning if you rent a car is that car automatically covered?

If you drive your friends car is it covered??

It depends on the coverage you have. I know my insurance covers a rental car and it covers anybody that drives my car. If I rent a car I usually use a credit card that has insurance that will cover the rental car.

It depends on the coverage you have. I know my insurance covers a rental car and it covers anybody that drives my car. If I rent a car I usually use a credit card that has insurance that will cover the rental car.

what about if you drive your friends car??

Quite as it is keep, HOMEOWNERS POLICY also covers you everywhere you go. Homeowners insurance covers the home and person. If you are in an accident with an expensive car and your auto insurance only covers up to so much, then your homeowners insurance can kick in and cover the rest.

If you rent a car FOR PLEASURE, then your auto insurance by default covers you.

The best thing to do is to contact YOUR insurance company. I said earlier that it depends on the coverage you have. Some policies only follow the car, some follow the car and the person.

How can it follow the person???

That would mean you only had to get insurance for ONE of your cars???

Quite as it is keep, HOMEOWNERS POLICY also covers you everywhere you go. Homeowners insurance covers the home and person. If you are in an accident with an expensive car and your auto insurance only covers up to so much, then your homeowners insurance can kick in and cover the rest.

If you rent a car FOR PLEASURE, then your auto insurance by default covers you.

:topic:
Hmmmm, this is a very interesting post that you have ^^^^^^ there Sperm. I say this because, very recently, one of my sons was rear ended in an accident
near the campus of S.U. In the trunk of the car was his Baritone which I purchased for him when he graduated from high school. Well, one of the "auto"
insurance companies involved told me that I may want to check with "my homeowners" insurance coverage for any claim on that horn. I began to scratch my head because,
"why would I want to contact my homeowners insurance carrier, for something that occurred in my car?".....:noidea:

what about if you drive your friends car??

I would think it would depend on your friends policy. I know i wasn't specificly named on my grandpa policy when I had an accident in his car but because he gave me permission to drive his car then the damaged was covered. This was some years ago I am not sure if that has changed.

All this to say you are covered depending on your friends policy. I think.

Back