Can't Smack the Bulldogs

TruBluJAG

Smooth as ICE '06' Style
Bulldogs,

Ya'll played us a good game and made SU's Homecoming exciting until the end.

I don't have no smack for you Pups this year.

Hope youl all make it back to wearever your going safely.

But this week J-Stank, it's ya'll ARSE Muffin Maffia. :emlaugh:

Yeah, It was good!

Probably one of the best games I've been to. It was up and down almost the whole game. SU would hbe cheering then AAMU would be cheering after great plays and touchdowns. I know yall was sced at the end....lol

Yeah, I couldn't breathe until that kick fell back into the endzone...

Good effort dogs...

Sounds like two garbage ass teams to me...

SU almost lost to 0-10?

Bring that noise Jackson please

I enjoyed myself sitting with two frat brothers, their wives and some other jags. They couldn't enjoy the game for explaining to me how they would have it together for GSU. Kept lying about not being worried...then when A&M went for the field goal, it was so quiet you could hear a rat piss on cotton!

MikeBigg.....

Realize this.....

SU is a better team for ALL of the games we played thus far.....

Think about it...the week prior we had Tulame...true..they hadn't won a game all season, but they're are 1A school, playing a 1a schedule.....Su was hype for that emotionally and physically...
and we BEAT ourselves

SO if you're going to have a let down or a game with multiple mistakes, I'm glad it was against A & M...somebody with a tough D, that makes you scratch for everything.......We've been through the fire......

Now the next game will be easier and easier, b\c you're BATTLE tested......

Take this to the bank, JSU is NOT ready...they will have a LET DOWN game against. us..that was their first true BATTLE against ASU.....

Oh no he didn't

Originally posted by Get Ready
Sounds like two garbage ass teams to me...

SU almost lost to 0-10?

Bring that noise Jackson please

I dun fell out....now what happened last week GR?

:emlaugh:

I strongly believe that our coaches continue to under estimate the intensity of the SWAC. If you don't make adjustments for the second half you are going to get beat every week. If you cannot throw the ball you will not win in the SWAC. We get beat every week on the long ball. There was no way SU should have won the game, but SU coaches saw that we continued to do the same things in the second half. On several occasions Levy ran passed the on rushing linemen to get the first downs. Then the tipped ball on 3rd down caught by the SU reciever, when our DB should have knocked the pass down instead of trying to catch it was a big turning point in the game. SU had a first down, when it should have been 4th and 10 from the one yard line. You cannot win games in the SWAC with this kind of play. When I watch a football game, I pay attention to how the game is being played and if we lose playing some outstanding football I can live with a lost, but to lose to a team that is struggling is unacceptable.

All a good coach has to do is hold on and keep the game close. It is no doubt in my mind that coaching makes the difference in big games.

Now I am really confused because our coach said that since Gunn will not play this week Wilson the QB that in most of our opinion should have been the man will get a chance to play this week. Then he said Wilson is one of his favorite players. :confused:

Inspite of losing to the big three we will still make it to the SCG. My next big game is the Magic City Classic.

MD,

From what I've gathered from the post and looking at the results of the games, I've come to the conclusion that Cooper is consistently inconsistent! His game plans seem to go away from his strength and plays into the hands of the opposition.

For instance, he decided to blitz Kent. Kent is about 6'3", has a quick release, with receivers that can take it the distance. There's nothing wrong with going after him to bump him around, but Kent can make the quick reads and hit the hot receiver.
Then he comes back the next week and from where I sat, he hardly blitzed Levy at all. Levy is not as tall as Kent and has to have time to make the good throw. I would have come with a zone blitz package with my free safety cheating toward Devin Lewis (the only legitimate and consistent deep threat).

The running game for A&M was without Donnell. But I would have ran at the jags (definitely coming out of the half) to make them more susceptible to play-action. One cheap score to open the second half and the jaguars might not have recovered.

Despite my knocks on Pete Richardson, I have to give him props on his ability to make second half adjustment. Had A&M scored on their first possession of the second half, Orlando would have gone pass crazy...not good in view of LeaveIt's recent tendancy
throw to the "other" jersey.

Mighty Dog, I know you're a powerful man at A&M, and it sounds to me like you're fed up with Cooper. I don't know, I could've misinterpreted your last post, but will you be recommending the board withdraw Cooper's extension all toghether?

Being the football fan that I am, I couldn't help but be disturbed at the actions your team displayed before the half, lead by Coop.

Your kicker kicks a 30 yard FG with 3 seconds left in the half, and Cooper, along with the rest of the team ran to kicker, and off of the field celebrating, as if they'd already won the game.

It's one thing to be excited about a big play, but some players threw their helmets in the air, Cooper picking up the kicker, I thought the game had ended, instead of being halftime. I mean it's a routine play, with the clock stopped.

That display showed me you guys were content, and not used to winning a big game.

No smack, just trying to get some insight.

NICE

NICE:

I see what you're saying, but my viewpoint is a bit different.

In regard to that kicker...that is the SAME dude that Coop snatched the starting job from because he missed an extra point in the TnSU game. If he picked him up...it seemed to be more of a reassurance thing (for Bambauer), rather than contentment.:)

MikeBigg:

Your assessment is pretty much on point! Why we didn't blitz Levy?....I don't know.
Hell, why we didn't blitz Hymes' azz...I REALLY don't know! :mad:
That action alone changes the entire development of the game....guaranteed!

But oh well....maybe he thought he saw something from the previous week...*shrugs shoulders*

:(

I was at both games.

Cooper blitzed Kent to death. But contrary MikeBigg about the hot reads, cooper didn't have but 3 Dbs covering people one-on-one, it was all having time to throw. If Kent didn't have time, he was sacked, hurried, or hit while releasing. The DBs were burned badly.

Against Levy, Cooper put a cover package together to cover and contain SU receivers rather than blitz. He blitzed some, but Levy kept them off balanced with QB draw.

My assessment is that instead of creating a game plan so much for the opponenet, Cooper is adjusting against what he may have done the week prior. Which in most cases, is not a good position to take.

Because the DBs got burned against Kent, he changes all DBs and some LBs for the SU game. I think Cooper in an effort to fool the opposing coach, fools himself.

The celebration at the end of the half, shows that he isn't use to winning, well his record speaks to that. Kick the FG, and trot your team to the locker room. The second is much more important than the first.

NT, you said the same thing the A&M fan sitting next to me said, and I'll give you the same reply, I gave to him. "If that's the case compliment him in the locker room, but not that kind of display, it only shows you weren't expecting to be ahead at the half."

I guess you would've had to be there to see what I'm talking about. I can see a few players celebrating, but for the coach to do that shows he wasn't to sure himself.

NICE

Dnice.....

In some cases that pisses the other team off......

"HOW THEY GON' DISRESPECT US LIKE THAT"

You know the JAGS came out in the half with an arse whupin on their mind......

I'm a head coach for Lil' league and if you did that to my kids, the second half your kicker, RB, QB,FB, WR and whoever touch the ball would get laid out....trust me... if 7 and 8 years olds think like that......College players think worse!!!!

Excuse me MikeBig.....Kent is 6'5"

Anyway...

Are you guys telling me that Cooper blitz strong armed, accurate, Kent, with speed WRs, but didnt blitz noodle armed, inaccurate Levy to make that excuse for a qB make mistakes?

Is there anymore evidence needed to prove that Cooper is a bonifide idiot? If he ever beats the Big 3, we will never hear the end of it.

MD

Do you need anymore proof? Please give him that contract, what are you waiting on?

I remember the Hampton game several years ago. Granted Levy and the rest of the Jags were a burnt out team and not really up for the game, but I thought all coaches would pickup from the Pirate's defensive scheme...apply pressure with the front four and drop everyone else into coverage.

With the speed rush that A&M defensive ends have, I thought that would be Cooper's approach. From games I have seen on television and also those that I have witnessed live, he tends to over coach and get too caught up in the excitement. Not a smart move!

You know sometimes coaches get too caught up in the moment and forget that a win occurs one play at a time. Thinking back to last year's BC, I think Doug went into the game looking for the blowout and having his players think the same way. As my high school coach always said, blowout occur from continuous execution not from one or two big and/or successful plays.

Just my 2cents!

So Mike Bigg, what you're saying is Doug didn't look at the Hampton tape either?

Maybe that's why ol Noodle arm Levy is undefeated as a starter against the SWAC?

Hampton send the tape please.

NICE

In my opinion, I don't think coaches believe the fans really understand the game of football. Many of them don't care what we think and this is the sad part about the coaching profession. Football is not cheap. I meet people in the mall and other places and I asked them if they attend AAMU games and they instantly say I cannot afford to attend. A family of four at $16.00 to $20.00 is very expensive. We should expect more for our dollars.

D-Nice, there is a trustee meeting on Friday. The president of the Trustee Board is also the Chairman of the Athletic committee. A lot of money is being put into building a D1AA program at AAMU. SU has one practice field, AAMU has six. The guys from TSU CLeb and the rest had me to point them out. When I visit other SWAC schools and compare what we have, I expect to see a well played game win or lose. I don't like losing but I can accept a well played game. I think game management is a serious problem.

GR and I are not far apart on football.

What I like about the SWAC fans is that they know football. We are building a fan base, but we got to win some big games. We have to paly a whole game. SWAC fans don't attend games to be seen, they know what is going on.

Originally posted by D-NICE
So Mike Bigg, what you're saying is Doug didn't look at the Hampton tape either?

Maybe that's why ol Noodle arm Levy is undefeated as a starter against the SWAC?

Hampton send the tape please.

NICE

Apparently not (Doug watching the Hampton film), but I did notice that the staff made changes in the second half. Unfortunately for the GSU faithful it was too late.

So far this season, Levy is not having as good of a season statistically. But that's to be expected with the absence of Hayes.
As for losses as a starter, I know of 1 he will definitely get this year...He will be shut out in the BC.

Back