Can SWAC Kickers kick it through the end zone on kickoffs?

Lenard

I haven’t seen that type leg strength consistently lately.

Who has the marquee kicker in the SWAC?

We don’t care much about that unfortunately. Grambling had more dominant teams when our kickers were on point. Field position and not throwing away points after good drives.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think the question is not whether these kickers could kick it through the end zone ... I think the question is do their coaches always tell them to boot that thang as far as they could ... some coaches kinda sorta gamble on kicking it short of the goal line to try to gain five to six yards between starting with a touchback at the 25 and starting around the 19 or 20 ... of course that backfires sometimes.

This guy can. He kicked for UAPB about two years ago. He currently punts for the Browns. I’m not sure if he kickoff.

View: https://youtu.be/uTs5YMXOiNE

He did kickoffs back in the gap. I remember him well.

I'm asking about currents. Watched a left-footed K'er for an east-tx hs football squad and he was beyond the endzone by 10-12 yards easily, w/ every single kick. Also, his ball placement right at the 1-5 yd line was remarkable.

Carlos Leach can....
Can he still LOL .... I think Mattingly and Ackley had that much leg too.

FAMU always kept a kicker with a big leg. I think Scottish Hammer from UAPB (now with the Browns) was booming it on kickoffs as well.

Barajas can of Southern. What have you been watching?

PV football lol.

Seriously, cannot recall too much of last years' game other than mouth-almighty writing a check w/ pre-game smack talk w/ SU that he couldn't possibly cash. smh

Our new punter can. Hopefully, he's doing kickoffs. We also got a transfer kicker from Troy

Can he still LOL .... I think Mattingly and Ackley had that much leg too.

FAMU always kept a kicker with a big leg. I think Scottish Hammer from UAPB (now with the Browns) was booming it on kickoffs as well.
No their leg wasn’t like Leach. Dude use to kick field goals on kickoffs. The went thru the uprights the majority of the time lol.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Gotta keep in mind kickoffs were at the 30-yard line through the 2011 season. From 2012 through now, kickoffs are at the 35-yard line.

So one can say kickers who could only get it 3 to 5 yards in the end zone from a kickoff from the 30 could now kick it out of the end zone kicking from the 35.

No their leg wasn’t like Leach. Dude use to kick field goals on kickoffs. The went thru the uprights the majority of the time lol.

If that's the one from Jackson, Mississippi that played for us, he is the best I've seen at S.U. (I am going to make you laugh. We had a kicker from Africa in either 78 or 79. It was the first time we played Nicholls State. We were beating the holy shiat out of them. It would have been worse but Chibua or whatever his name was missed about 5 field goals and most of the PAT(s). He was the worse I've ever seen at S.U.....LOL)

Last edited:
That's from the 45 yard line. Hell, I can "BOOT IT" from there.
Check the field again. He played in Canada, and their midfield is the 55 yard line so you have two 50 yard lines. If it was lined like the footbal fields in America then he's effectively kicking from the 35.

Also notice it lands 8 yards deep into the end zone. 65+8= 73 yards as stated in the tweet.

The scary thing is he's really a better punter than kicker, so Maynor may have him do that since we return our All-SWAC PK from last year.

Last edited:
Back