California expected to ban sales of new gas-powered vehicles in just 13 years

Damn, a lot of people will not be able to afford the electric cars.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The expectation is that prices will drop as battery efficiency is improved. As mass production and supply availalbity increases, prices should drop.

Have you look at HD TVs recently? Supply and demand is driving up prices now. Once Toyota, GM, Honda, Ford fully get into the game, prices will drop.

I agree, most of Europe is pushing for all electric in the 30s and 40s, similar to California. That's a while.

Asia is also moving to electric cars. The broader America can continue to live in third world with gas based cars, but the rest of the first and second world nations are moving on to electric. If the domestic auto makers choose to placate those desires, they will be left behind. They might make a big profit in third world states like Alabama, but long term, they will be screwed. There are still many technologies issues that have to be resolved, hopefully many will be the end of this decade.

I agree, most of Europe is pushing for all electric in the 30s and 40s, similar to California. That's a while.

Asia is also moving to electric cars. The broader America can continue to live in third world with gas based cars, but the rest of the first and second world nations are moving on to electric. If the domestic auto makers choose to placate those desires, they will be left behind. They might make a big profit in third world states like Alabama, but long term, they will be screwed. There are still many technologies issues that have to be resolved, hopefully many will be the end of this decade.

Well we still don't have a true high speed rail system here so don't expect this to happen here too soon either.

Some of the EV's that were flooded in Florida during the hurricane are now catching on fire.

Some of the EV's that were flooded in Florida during the hurricane are now catching on fire.

Just saw a story about that.

Kind of makes you wonder how long will it take to flush out (or make public) all the risks. I can't imagine these companies didn't already know this.

Back