C Programmers

Man you Software Guys messed up the industry. :lol: Hardware Engineers use to rule, now we are second class to you programmers. :lol:

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
:tup: Thanks. It seemed like the rest of the sites start teaching from scratch...this one spells out whats new from the last version.

Check out 1.9 Difference: VB.NET and VB 6.0

CEE DOG said:
Man you Software Guys messed up the industry. :lol: Hardware Engineers use to rule, now we are second class to you programmers. :lol:

Man, we are all messed up. Things are nothing like it use to be. The global economy is killing the little man.

We are all in trouble.

What do you all think about UML and those new code generation tools? Do you think they will mature to a point where the average person can point click and build software?

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
We are all in trouble.

What do you all think about UML and those new code generation tools? Do you think they will mature to a point where the average person can point click and build software?

Currently, we want to use Microsoft Visio Enterprise Edition to do the generation, but we only got the standard edition. It doesn't matter to me if it is generated or I have to design my own. I am still new to UML and design patterns myself.

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
We are all in trouble.

I've been in Rationale's pdct (rose) for a few now and we could almost see UML <b>attempting</b> to take off (and it's still struggling to gain full acceptance here-USA) in the mid-90s. If one is a proj mgr/proj dcsn mkr well versed in <b>rapid</b> prototyping & delivery, UML is most def the path to take. However, depending on how extensive or intensive, rather, the project, one (the devl/impl core) could actually spend more time on the actual semantics of devl/impl rather than actually doing the work to genre the code base(s) required. Go figure...

CEE DOG: 1000101111000101000101010010101010100010100110101010011 & (110100010001010100011000101001010101010101010101010 | 100100011001010101011001010001010010100011 ) >> 100010001001000100010001000010010101010001010101

Don't get cut up in hur by some egg-heads brah! :slap: lol You HW guys can NEVER give us propeller-heads enough physical resources for us to successfully complete our job! :confused: lol No, we don't want to program-parallelly on a 64 replicated-processor machine! We want 1K of those guys for <b>maximum throughput!</b> :confused: :lmao: rotgdf!!!!

Panthro said:
I've been in Rationale's pdct (rose) for a few now and we could almost see UML <b>attempting</b> to take off (and it's still struggling to gain full acceptance here-USA) in the mid-90s. If one is a proj mgr/proj dcsn mkr well versed in <b>rapid</b> prototyping & delivery, UML is most def the path to take. However, depending on how extensive or intensive, rather, the project, one (the devl/impl core) could actually spend more time on the actual semantics of devl/impl rather than actually doing the work to genre the code base(s) required. Go figure...

CEE DOG: 1000101111000101000101010010101010100010100110101010011 & (110100010001010100011000101001010101010101010101010 | 100100011001010101011001010001010010100011 ) >> 100010001001000100010001000010010101010001010101

Don't get cut up in hur by some egg-heads brah! :slap: lol You HW guys can NEVER give us propeller-heads enough physical resources for us to successfully complete our job! :confused: lol No, we don't want to program-parallelly on a 64 replicated-processor machine! We want 1K of those guys for <b>maximum throughput!</b> :confused: :lmao: rotgdf!!!!

LMAO @ binary comment to CEE DOG

I was just exposed to Rose about a year ago. They are looking at taking UML outside of just software and using it to describe entire systems through functional analysis I believe. It seemed that it was more trouble to use UML than not in that particular situation. From what I did see of Rose it seemed to only generate the class "shells" and you still had to implement everything.

Panthro said:
However, depending on how extensive or intensive, rather, the project, one (the devl/impl core) could actually spend more time on the actual semantics of devl/impl rather than actually doing the work to genre the code base(s) required.

This is soooo true especially when you got crazy *zz deadlines to meet.

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
From what I did see of Rose it seemed to only generate the class "shells" and you still had to implement everything.

:nod:

Yassah!!!!! Bingo! *ahem* <b>That's why</b> in the <b>real</b> world, one must have a STRONG coupling mechy that allows for those generated "shells" (templates-actually skeletons :D) to merge w/ the actual source bodies. (CVS, PCVS, PVCS, sccs, ... ad inifinitum). :( ANDDDDDDDDDD, if one embodies something 'complex' like a HUGE CORBA implementation.... :eek: I'll leave that alone. :emlaugh:

I don't know where it stands now but from what I can recall as recently as 3-4 years ago, rose's pdct still did that (created the stems/skeletons and one had to "fill in" the actual business logic required). :retard:

On this note, I'm a member of the WWFMc (World-Wide Work Flow Management Coalition) where we <b>attempt(ed)</b> :rolleyes: to
address issues such as this by actually modeling and leveraging <b>current legacy based business platforms (including HW - ;) CEE DOG)</b> in such a manner that HW/SW platform independence, host language independence, and host impl methodology indpendence are leveraged in such a manner that current business principals/defs are still successfully achieved via a singly <b>overtly managed</b> appl. :| An interesting direction that was started back in.... 91ish or thereabouts. The appeal of it never really took off in the USA but world-wide, we have a presence. (just like those UML guys lol) Check out their site if you have a chance. It's a unique opportunity to get in on something @ the ground floor that MIGHT just make a lot of noise in the not so distant future. :tup:

XML is our future. Bar none. :tup: :retard:

<textarea rows=7 cols=60>
<SIGNING OFF>
<FIRST NAME>Panthro</FIRST NAME>
<MIDDLE NAME/>
<LAST NAME/>
</SIGNING OFF>
</textarea>
lol Couldn't help it. :emlaugh:

89comSUgrad said:
What is the starting salary for a DBA?

Things are kind of flaky right now. It really depends on the company. My guess it is from $40,000 to $75,000 per year depending on experience. I knew a guy that was an Oracle DBA makes around $65,000, but they haven't had a raise in years.

Killer Bees said:
Things are kind of flaky right now. It really depends on the company. My guess it is from $40,000 to $75,000 per year depending on experience. I knew a guy that was an Oracle DBA makes around $65,000, but they haven't had a raise in years.

Kinda' low isn't it KB? :confused:

I thought that <b>entry level</b> DBAs were ~66K+? :confused:

Justin, brah, BASIC ain't like the "basic" that we were taught back in the day mane. :tup: lol It's OO now! :uhoh: lol

Panthro said:
Kinda' low isn't it KB? :confused:

I thought that <b>entry level</b> DBAs were ~66K+? :confused:

Justin, brah, BASIC ain't like the "basic" that we were taught back in the day mane. :tup: lol It's OO now! :uhoh: lol

You are thinking pre-dot com era. I seriously thought you will find an entry-level DBA making more than $40-$50K unless he or she has experience doing something else like programming, networking or just lucky.

Yeah todays BASIC is now Visual Basic.Net, which is now object-oriented.

Killer Bees said:
You are thinking pre-dot com era. I seriously thought you will find an entry-level DBA making more than $40-$50K unless he or she has experience doing something else like programming, networking or just lucky.

Yeah todays BASIC is now Visual Basic.Net, which is now object-oriented.

Damn. :( Things have REAAAAAAAAAAALLLLYYYYYY changed haven't they? :confused:

Back