BYRON ALLEN'S ALLEN MEDIA GROUP ANNOUNCES MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP FOR HBCU GO AND THE SOUTHWESTERN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE

I don't know if this is a good deal or not but ; doesn't this at the least put 4 letters on notice?

I don't know if this is a good deal or not but ; doesn't this at the least put 4 letters on notice?

nope in the grand scheme in terms of looking for a mega deal unless it pulls in heavy ratings - the key is getting good metrics on the football games as basketball will be basketball - but with 10 ways to watch the content what will be the key item that will cause ESPN to take notice?

the Dallas games featuring TSU-SU and the State Fair Classic are the ones that can help that package since its games that normally never make it to tv

Our Contract with the four letter network I believe is up in ‘23. I want to see what the numbers will look like for our primary rights. Will the commish move our primary content over to another network.

It could depending on the numbers from this year.

This is the secondary deal (streaming) so if this does well, I feel confident in the Commish getting us the best deal after the deal for the primary rights with the four letters are done

Side note: I hope this nixes yall favorite cheerleader for HBCU Pass (yardtalk) because she goes hard for them as if they are the best thing since sliced bread lol

The SWAC and the individual schools have to start pushing the HBCU App way ahead of time so that SWAC fans can go ahead and download it and try to work out the kinks before football season.

I said this in March. Schools better start promoting their games now that they know the schedule

Valley only has one game on HBCUGo so we got a couple of months to push Homecoming (plus we can see how this works for other schools)

Those CBS stations will show games on tape delay. They not preempting the SEC on CBS for those games.

It is my understanding that it is a secondary deal. Hopefully the SWAC Office will acquire data to assist with better leverage when negotiating the primary deal when the contract expires. I will trust the COPS and commissioner to get the best deal possible when the time presents itself and shop around for it.

Those CBS stations will show games on tape delay. They not preempting the SEC on CBS for those games.

I know the station for the games in Atlanta is the CW network. I believe we will have to wait and see though what this will look like. A lot of those major networks have multiple secondary channels in some cities…..Just as an example, here in Atlanta, we have CBS 46 with secondary 46.1, 46.2 etc.

I know the station for the games in Atlanta is the CW network. I believe we will have to wait and see though what this will look like. A lot of those major networks have multiple secondary channels in some cities…..Just as an example, here in Atlanta, we have CBS 46 with secondary 46.1, 46.2 etc.
That’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Actually, those games will more than likely air on their sub channel or their .2 channels for non-cable linear customers.
The setup will be similar to how Jefferson Pilot aired SEC football games in the 80s, 90s and 2000s. A Lot of those games weren't on the main channel, but they were on what would be equivalent to the sub-channels back then.

Here in Huntsville, WHNT has the contract but they will air the games on CW channel which is their sub-channel. It will be important for television viewers to check their local listings each week.

Back