BYRON ALLEN'S ALLEN MEDIA GROUP ANNOUNCES MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP FOR HBCU GO AND THE SOUTHWESTERN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE

bjnt922

LOS ANGELES, March 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Byron Allen'sAllen Media Group (AMG) free-streaming digital platform HBCU GO -- the leading media provider for the nation's 105 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) – is proud to announce a multi-year partnership with the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC). This first-ever partnership grants HBCU GO cable, linear, streaming, broadcast, VOD, and pay-per-view rights to premier NCAA Division I HBCU conference sporting events.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Interesting, I was just scanning the TV channels and peeped what BET was showing (White Chicks) and just shook my head. We all know how at one time, they not just provided decent and positive entertainment and news, but they also gave us all a chance to know about HBCUs outside of the one's we are familiar with through their sports broadcasts. Such a laughable shame at what it has now become....

With all that said, I look forward to seeing what Byron Allen and his peeps have to offer.

Last edited:
Interesting, I was just scanning the TV channels and peeped what BET was showing (White Chicks) and just shook my head. We all know how at one time, they not just provided decent and positive entertainment and news, but that also gave us all a chance to know about HBCUs outside of the one's we are familiar with. Such a laughable shame at what it has now become....

With all that said, I look forward to seeing what Byron Allen and his peeps have to offer.
that was when it was a black owned company. then viacom bought it and all that went out the window. I don't even watch bet anymore.

LOS ANGELES, March 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Byron Allen'sAllen Media Group (AMG) free-streaming digital platform HBCU GO -- the leading media provider for the nation's 105 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) – is proud to announce a multi-year partnership with the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC). This first-ever partnership grants HBCU GO cable, linear, streaming, broadcast, VOD, and pay-per-view rights to premier NCAA Division I HBCU conference sporting events.

This is Interesting but in a good way. This will Depend on the production company and quality standards of AMG. They will most likely air events that would normally be aired by the schools. It could give local AMG own stations a chance to carry events. The bigger issue is the Olympic sports will be able to move away from YouTube to a more commercial ad friendly platform.

I see that Byron Allen also has a partnership / CO-op with Bally Sports.

So that could help with regional items (Bally Sports South, Bally Sports New Orleans , Bally Sports SE, Bally Sports Sun & Fox Sports Florida.)

Dr McClelland mentioned last year that he would love to have tiers of channels when it came to football and basketball broadcasts. So maybe this is a step in that direction.

You could have the bigger games on your ESPN platforms (ESPNU, E3 & plus). And then the lower tier games could be on the regional networks.

Interesting, I was just scanning the TV channels and peeped what BET was showing (White Chicks) and just shook my head. We all know how at one time, they not just provided decent and positive entertainment and news, but they also gave us all a chance to know about HBCUs outside of the one's we are familiar with through their sports broadcasts. Such a laughable shame at what it has now become....

That ship offiicially sailed as far as last hopes for BET around 2015 when it came The Parkers and Tyler Perry Network lol. The moment Viacom took over, we knew it would no longer be the same. Even Bob Johnson has said he regrets selling it because it's so hard to build up a stable network these days without white capital (ZERO black owned channels of note (TVOne, Aspire, OWN, BNC, etc.))

The only issue is some schools will lose revenue they've received if they charge for games so hopefully the revenue up front is good - secondly will fans migrate to that platform if schools aren't charging now?

The standards will vary - basically it's going to be an Olympic sport and some basketball platform - they may get a fb game from time to time

The only issue is some schools will lose revenue they've received if they charge for games so hopefully the revenue up front is good - secondly will fans migrate to that platform if schools aren't charging now?

The standards will vary - basically it's going to be an Olympic sport and some basketball platform - they may get a fb game from time to time

I'm glad you brought this up because you can't have 9 schools showing games for 3 and three charging. It has to be uniform as I have said for years (and yes ESPN is looking to either dissolve The Longhorn Network or probably make it another ESPN Network). HOPEFULLY that upfront money makes it easier for the schools behind a paywall to drop it

The SWAC and the individual schools have to start pushing the HBCU App way ahead of time so that SWAC fans can go ahead and download it and try to work out the kinks before football season. I imagine this would also include soccer (which is definitely an ESPN+ friendly sport for the SWAC) so you can show some games on there first and then go from there

(ZERO black owned channels of note (TVOne, Aspire, OWN, BNC, etc.))
Actually there are some the MAJOR and I do mean MAJOR issue with all of them is you can't get them on Direct Tv or Spectrum.

They are generally online only and show stuff that you can watch anywhere else. And they have that anti c**nery stuff but feature no name casts.

Or they are on regular tv and it's a battle to get a clear picture. I know Bounce is not black owned but we can't get that station around here.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I just hope it isn't set up in a way that the online part of the broadcast is set up like that crappy portal network PV uses, that eats up my monthly bandwidth by only watching 1 game. I hope that we can watch games online through a youtube presence which doesn't eat up my T-mobile bandwidth or maybe they can work something with the mobile providers like Netflix, Youtube and ESPN did, where their broadcasts don't count toward my bandwidth usage.

I just hope it isn't set up in a way that the online part of the broadcast is set up like that crappy portal network PV uses, that eats up my monthly bandwidth by only watching 1 game. I hope that we can watch games online through a youtube presence which doesn't eat up my T-mobile bandwidth or maybe they can work something with the mobile providers like Netflix, Youtube and ESPN did, where their broadcasts don't count toward my bandwidth usage.

I believe it's a server quality problem with PV's deal as well.

295807093_3220596538256217_6733928475037697462_n.jpg

We have The Grio TV Station in Atlanta which he owns. Hopefully he will put that same package Huntsville has here as well….

This is the HBCUGO tv schedule from Byron Allen. Along with being available via the hbcuGoApp. These games are being shopped around to various tv stations in the SWAC footprint for syndication purposes. Look for tv stations in other markets like Jackson , Baton Rouge, new Orleans, Birmingham, Montgomery, Houston, Memphis, etc to make announcements with this same schedule in the upcoming weeks.

I’ve had this list in my possession since May. But the Sales president decided to post it publicly today for Huntsville television

@JROCK , @In_The_662 @Texas Southern Fan

Back