Business venture; the black version of Hooters.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
One Saturday after a baseball game, me and a bunch of buddies went to a Hooters. We were running the usual smack about white business verses black businesses and the clientale at this Hooters. We then started joking about a black equivalent to Hooters and what it would be.

What would we have? Something like "Trunks" or "Tushes"? We then started trying to analyze the joke as a serious business venture. Could you actually start a franchise, black-oriented and be successful? Would we patronize it if we set it up on the same premise as a Hooters, but with booties as the theme? We were thinking we'd have to start in Atlanta and then expand to D.C., Houston/largest metro areas in the south. Do you think something like this would work being oriented to a predominantly black clientale? Our concensus was an imphatic "no". What do you think?

Well...

If the trunk is large enough, we could promote them as being tabletops, you can rest your drink on it, and your boy can get served at the same time. :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
lol@Batman

Bartram,
With the right marketing and the right tits oops I mean the right "waitresses", the idea would work easily!!!!

There are some sports bars catering to blacks that do a big business, throw in a tit theme and business would really be big :eek:

I know I'll be up in there. Got to support black business:D

I'd support it as long as the food and service are both good....I ain't comin' up in there to see no damn tits tho.

I think it would be nice to call it "Hoochies".

It has a much better ring than, "Trunks".

NICE

HOOCHIES.........promising

Instead of 'Trunks' it could be expanded to 'Junk-in-the-Trunk'. Akin to 'Jack in the Box' we could have Loquisha as our spokes person wearing some Daisy Dukes that sag to reveal a thong....:idea:

*processing this thought to open up a chain of Shake Junts with the afore mentioned Hooter's theme*

Uhh.....:confused:lemme get back to y'all on this.

*calls lawyer for the number of the Copywright/Trademark Office*

Boy yall straight wild up in here. Why not call it Jelli's because we all know it must Jelli cuz....well you know the rest.....;)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :idea:

How about a Male Version called..........
[size=+7]Peter's[/size] :eek: :eek:

Ladies,

Whatcha think? :D

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
is it true that they have a blk hooters in Atlanta?

Hmmm....

You wouldn't be referring to the Hooters in the Atlanta Underground, would you??? ;)

If so, my answer to you would be....HELL YES!!!!

Well, at least it used to be....:)

What about the name "Thickness" ...or...."Rock Bottom"...or..."The Rump"...or "Maximus" (as in gluteous)...

LOL! Shotgun reply to multiple,,,

From last to first,,,,

To Ntelek & J State Tiger:
:confused: ???! ,,,, there's an all-black Hooters in Atlanta? ,,, "gulp",,, huh? (,, pretty much silent with mouth hanging open. didn't know that.)

To LadyJag:
:emlaugh: In our biased society, that angle is never considered. An interesting question would be rather or not females would patronize.

To Jelli:
:D LOL! Ha!

To Phatback:
Yep, for lack of a better name. Trunk is wack; couldn't think of anything else. JitT is promising! needs a market study!:idea:

To D-nice:
:eek: PiC D, too PiC. You'd get blasted to smitherenes on BET, etc.

To Dtown Jag:
You know DJag, as I see it, you could go the soul food route or the "sports bar" route. Haven't quite figured out what would be the best. Maybe a cajun/Jamacian food theme? The sports bar route seems it would be easier/faster.

To Batman & Mighty Hornet:
:D boooooooooy yall bout like my crew! now see,,,, das why we was rationalizing the idea probably wouldn't work. Brothas would not be up in there spending money like the clientale at your typical hooters! :p LOL!

few! think I addressed about everyone.

Ha! Happy B-day to you Tara.

School Daze is outstand. What a classic. In a weird kind of way, it kills me to watch it because it reminds me so much of undergrad. That music during the gym scene; that scene at the chicken place; all the mugz that went on to star in other movies. An outstanding Spike Lee effort is all I can say. Easily my favorite SL movie.:cool:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back