Bush Not Standing United Behind Black Leaders

Re: Re: Re: ok, ok,,, i found something of interest...

Originally posted by Attack Dog

People vote for who they feel will serve their interests the best. I think the reason so many Africans in America vote Democratic is because we are very "conservative". Africans in America were almost 100% Republican after emancipation, so what took place to change our voting patterns? It had to be something drastic, because we are "VERY CONSERVATIVE".

Exactly, if you are truly Conservative then you would almost always vote Republican....
The Reason why the most conservative group in this country almost always votes Democrat is because we have been over the last 30 years conditioned to do so.

I remember when I turned 18 and voted for the first time...my own folks said to me...Now you know WE (blacks) vote democrat..
Don't vote for no dayumm Republicans....I was like o.k., never questioned it cuz every black person I knew that voted did the same thang too. Now all of these people are well educated.
And any Black Republicans I met I said were sell-outs and uncle Toms...I did this cuz I felt that's just how things were.
Then, I took a commission in the United States Army, traveled the world, went and lived where the population was'nt 70% black...and to make a long story short I saw how we ultimately were neutralized as a voting power by voting the same way everytime....
I don't think that we need to vote Democrat wholeheartadly like we do, by doing that we have put all of our leverage into one basket. I think we need enough representation in each party to get our needs addressed.

Just think if the Black Caucus went to presidential candidates as a body and basically said....what you gonna do for us...Then the candidate, be he Rep or Dem would have to make promises that would bind him, and if he went against those promises then the Black Caucus could leverage that an make sure his arse did'nt get re-elected.

But what do they do every election, the get behind the Democratic candidate, and if they lose then the CBC got their hands out like cups begging for 4 years. That's why I say they are Self-Check because for all practical purposes they have neutralized themselves.

The reason we changed our voting patterns was a result of Roosevelt's New Deal policy...we got dependent on handouts from the Govt., we thought that was our in our best interest.

Also we as a People had our highest voting % during John F. Kennedy's campaign which was 41% of the Black voting age population.....John F. Kennedy under advice from a close associate said, you need to call and check on MLK while he is in Jail....he did that and as a result we identified his phone call as genuine concern for us as a whole. Now had Nixon done the same, we probably would vote Rep as a whole today.....

But, who knows :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: ok, ok,,, i found something of interest...

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock

I don't think that we need to vote Democrat wholeheartadly

I'm with you on that. I don't think we should blindly GIVE our vote to anyone. If a person doesn't have to work for something, 9.9 out of 10 they will not respect it.

Back