Burrow, LSU cap Heisman season, beat Clemson 42-25 for title

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Some of us - not so secretly - matriculated at some of these PWIs. LSU included. Some of us attended more than one.

No shame in supporting a school you attended.

In my humble opinion ....

Though I agree with you about the Texas schools. :D

Some of these people are maple syrup ssslllllooowww....LOL I'm pretty sure that a lot of folks with graduate degrees have them from PWI(s) {including myself}.....People pull for who the hell they want to! LOL If it says Louisiana.....I'm down!

Last edited:
Next season will be interesting in the SEC West. LSU has to find another quarterback and fill some other positions. Will his be the year for TAMU in the SEC west?

Next season will be interesting in the SEC West. LSU has to find another quarterback and fill some other positions. Will his be the year for TAMU in the SEC west?

LSU back up Myles Brennan can chunk that rock. I believe he will surprise some folks. However, I don't believe he has the same level of acumen or athleticism that Joe Burrow has. Losing 9 players to the NFL draft will be difficult though. If LSU can replace those two offensive linemen that decided to enter the draft, look for LSU's offense to be better than most people think. On defense, they will need to find a pair of LB(s). All of the other positions that I didn't mention, I believe LSU can cover. If will be interesting what DC they pick up (they have about 2.5M to get that right). Although Brady is gone, the OC is still there and played a significant role. I tend to believe they will be okay there and make a prudent support decision.

IMHO, TAMU is not a factor (though they are recruiting well). I believe 5 teams one has to be on the lookout for (Georgia, Florida in the East & LSU, Alabama & Auburn in the West). Georgia and Alabama lock heads in week 3 next year and it will tell us a lot about what they're working with. LSU has an early call from Texas in September but I don't believe they will be challenged until October when they travel to Florida Gators. Auburn will be......Auburn You never quite know what you're going to get but like always will be dangerous......

First, let me congratulate the Tigers. I think that many will love this season much more than 2003 and 2007. Coach O surpised the naysayers who predicted failure by him.

While there maybe a dropoff there, LSU has recruiting quite well as had TAMU. Next season will be interesting.

BTW some at LSU, maybe some ex-Tiger players, need to talk to Odell Beckham, Jr.-SOON.

View: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1217996825593933824

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
JRock - I agree with your list of teams to watch. I am looking for TAMU or Auburn to throw in a surprise to Alabama or LSU.

8-4 or 7-5. They've lost/losing sooo much talent, plus the offensive playcaller and the defensive coordinator.

Them boys hit lightning in a bottle. Lightning in a bottle doesn't strike twice in a row.
They won't lose that many based off coaching and players. Gotta wait to see who they hire as well. All i know is that JSU better light some ass up this year.

They won't lose that many based off coaching and players. Gotta wait to see who they hire as well. All i know is that JSU better light some ass up this year.

I don't know if it will happen but the buzz right now is their old DC Bo Pellini is in play. I haven't heard anything about the new passing coordinator yet...

First, let me congratulate the Tigers. I think that many will love this season much more than 2003 and 2007. Coach O surpised the naysayers who predicted failure by him.

While there maybe a dropoff there, LSU has recruiting quite well as had TAMU. Next season will be interesting.

BTW some at LSU, maybe some ex-Tiger players, need to talk to Odell Beckham, Jr.-SOON.

View: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1217996825593933824

I don't know why folks are acting surprised. That's the norm there. Some just break in other folks houses to watch them sleep.

I don't know why folks are acting surprised. That's the norm there. Some just break in other folks houses to watch them sleep.

OBJ had better be glad that Cleveland is in its off-season, or the media would have been going after him. I cannot help but think about the NY Giant general manager trading him. (I am thinking aloud.) It is not often that a team trades a receiver that talented.

To paraphrase Eric Dickerson, the NCAA can act like gangsters. No school wants a visit by the NCAA.

For those who do not remember, Cecil Collins was a talented player.

OBJ had better be glad that Cleveland is in its off-season, or the media would have been going after him. I cannot help but think about the NY Giant general manager trading him. (I am thinking aloud.) It is not often that a team trades a receiver that talented.

To paraphrase Eric Dickerson, the NCAA can act like gangsters. No school wants a visit by the NCAA.

For those who do not remember, Cecil Collins was a talented player.

Right up there with Leonard Fournette as one of LSU's top running backs. Good thing Tyrann Mathieu aka Honey Badger finally found some rehab, because that weed just kept calling him. LSU was never short of skilled players, they just had some issues outside of football.

Back