Brother Tavis Smiley........Has Anyone Heard This

Dr. Sweet NUPE

In an unprecedented series of agreements crossing a broad spectrum of media outlets, news commentator and talk-show personality Tavis Smiley will appear as a correspondent or regular contributor on ABC's Prime Time Thursday, Good Morning America, ABC Radio, CNN and National Public Radio. In addition, he has signed a two-book deal with Random House and closed a deal with Hay House to create a series of products including audiocassettes, seminars and a newsletter.

Smiley will serve as a frequent contributor on a variety of CNN programs; he also has an overall deal with ABC Network News that includes appearances as a contributor on Prime Time Thursday and Good Morning America. Additionally, he is developing a talk show with Buena Vista Television. His commitment to ABC Radio includes "The Smiley Report," a syndicated daily commentary on urban contemporary stations, as well as ongoing commentary on "The Tom Joyner Morning Show" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All of the above-mentioned deals were negotiated by International Creative Management's Babette Perry and completed by Smiley's attorney, Ken Browning.

Smiley will also develop and host a one-hour morning drive-time show for National Public Radio to include news, interviews and features. This program will begin development immediately with an intended launch date of late 2001. Stated Smiley, "I'm delighted to have the opportunity to communicate with a broad base of Americans through a variety of media outlets, and I look forward to this challenge."

Named by Time magazine as "one of America's 50 most promising young leaders," and profiled by Newsweek as "one of 20 people changing the way Americans get their news," Tavis Smiley is the former host of "BET Tonight with Tavis Smiley," for which he received the annual NAACP Image Award for Best News, Talk or Information Series for the past three years. Among the guests Smiley has interviewed at BET are President Bill Clinton, Fidel Castro and Pope John Paul II. Smiley is the author of five books, the publisher of The Smiley Report newsletter, and a contributing editor for USA Weekend magazine.

Educated at Indiana University, Smiley was previously a top aide to former Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, and has since provided analysis on programs ranging from Politically Incorrect to the Today show and World News Tonight With Peter Jennings. Smiley's advocacy on behalf of Black Americans has been profiled on 60 Minutes. He has earned numerous awards, including the Mickey Leland Humanitarian Award from the National Association of Minorities in Communications.

In addition to Smiley's media and publishing deals, he will continue to operate the Tavis Smiley Foundation, which provides scholarships for urban youth and conducts an annual series of Youth to Leaders leadership conferences throughout the country.

Re: Yeah we heard

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
didn't someone post this already, because I know I replied.

D-Town...are you sure it was a SWAC question or a MEAC question?

Back