Brandy was never married

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
Drama: Three years after he allegedly wed Brandy in secret, the father of the R&B singer's daughter is claiming the two were never really married.

In interviews earlier this week with New York radio stations WBLS-FM and WQHT-FM, Robert Smith insisted that he and the 24-year-old Brandy, who released her fourth album, Afrodisiac, on June 29, never legally wed. Rather, the couple just portrayed the notion of nuptials to preserve Brandy's image.

More: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1489609/20040721/brandy.jhtml?headlines=true

There really was no need in lying. Tryna save her image back then has only made her look stupid now. :uhoh:

jelli said:
Why would he do that to her now. She really hasn't said anything negative about dude.

Maybe he is tryna get his name out there since he is a record producer.

In several articles she has stated that she never loved ole boy and she wasn't sad when they split up. She said that she was in an abusive relationship and she hooked up with dude before she ended up with the basketball player she's shacking with now. Basically dude was rebound d*ck. She got caught up. She should have just remained silent. She stepped on his ego too many times. Now the cats out the bag.

I doubt it'll really affect her record sales...but she will be the butt of many jokes.

Whitney Houston...please don't send your kind of help.

jelli said:
Why would he do that to her now. She really hasn't said anything negative about dude.

NASTYNUPE said:
. She should have just remained silent. She stepped on his ego too many times. Now the cats out the bag.

Yeah, she did trash him on the sly. She should have remained quiet or simply said it was an amicable split.

I don't think they are shacking. Quentin's dad doesn't get down like that. :lmao:

They just need to keep that junk in the past, talking about it now can't change what happened. Now she did throw the first blow and a lot of times people do hit back.

box.gif

I guess she shouldn't have been talking all that trash about ole boy, and maybe he would have kept quiet. She got what she deserved dammit.

She has not said another word since he "spilled tha beans" on her. Guess she figured "I better shut tha he!! up now." :slap:

I knew about this last week. I was sworn to secrecy until it was official.

Taken from www.uptoparr.com
Brandy, Quentin Richardson Are Engaged
Singer Brandy and NBA star Quentin Richardson are engaged, PEOPLE has learned exclusively. The Chicago-born L.A. Clippers guard, 24, surprised the Mississippi-born former Moesha star, 25, at a private reception at L.A.'s Century Club attended by both of their families and close friends on Tuesday.Sweetening the surprise: rose petals decorating the club ? and an 11 1/2-carat diamond ring valued at $1 million. Jeweler Jason Arasheben spent months designing the unique ring ? and finished it only 30 minutes before the proposal. "It was a total surprise for her," says Arasheben, who has designed custom-made jewelry for the likes of Ashton Kutcher and Michael Jackson. The couple have been dating about nine months. "He is a great guy for her," Brandy's mother, Sonja Norwood, recently told PEOPLE. "I can see the happiness in her."

I heard that they were talking about getting married about two weeks ago. One of my partners from the CHI is his cousin told me. I thought it was already out in the open!!
kellis said:
I knew about this last week. I was sworn to secrecy until it was official.

Taken from www.uptoparr.com
Brandy, Quentin Richardson Are Engaged
Singer Brandy and NBA star Quentin Richardson are engaged, PEOPLE has learned exclusively. The Chicago-born L.A. Clippers guard, 24, surprised the Mississippi-born former Moesha star, 25, at a private reception at L.A.'s Century Club attended by both of their families and close friends on Tuesday.Sweetening the surprise: rose petals decorating the club ? and an 11 1/2-carat diamond ring valued at $1 million. Jeweler Jason Arasheben spent months designing the unique ring ? and finished it only 30 minutes before the proposal. "It was a total surprise for her," says Arasheben, who has designed custom-made jewelry for the likes of Ashton Kutcher and Michael Jackson. The couple have been dating about nine months. "He is a great guy for her," Brandy's mother, Sonja Norwood, recently told PEOPLE. "I can see the happiness in her."

CEE DOG said:
I heard that they were talking about getting married about two weeks ago. One of my partners from the CHI is his cousin told me. I thought it was already out in the open!!

Cee Dog, they are building a house together too.

My mom told me about the engagement last week.

Back