Bout to move up and make something out of me....wish me luck..

Barre Baby

t.k.a. T.B.L. #51
Sup swacpage people. Im bout to get ready for a interview this morning. And im getting a new job. Working on computers at Chase(bank) in Monroe. Im moving up in the world. All this other crap is a mist. But im bout to move up into the bussiness field and all. Working in the office. Wish me luck on getting the new job. Went from a busboy to Working in the office for the company. Peace Out....

P.s. give me some pointers out.....Pray for me I get it.....

Teddy Loc/Jazzy Thug/ T.B.L. #51/Barre Baby(B.E.A.R.)

East/South Coast Baller IV Lyfe!!

Hey BB....:wavey:

I'm glad to hear this...I'll definitely whisper a prayer for ya. Now don't go in there talking about "peace out" and "one", okay? Keep that thug, slang mentality at home. Also, dress for SUccess and do your best. And say a prayer yourself before you go.

Much luv to ya. :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Name it, claim it. You see it, be it.
I'll be praying for you.
Pointers.
1. Look the people in the eye.
2. Shake their hand with a tight, firm hand shake.
3. Give direct answers to their questions without babbling.
4. And always, always pray before you enter the room for the interview. (Most important).

That should help you out. :D

Good Luck! Stay Positive!
Heres a couple of other pointers:

Don't volunteer any information, just answer what they ask.

Pause briefly after the question is asked just for a couple of seconds to form your response.

Keep a hanky in your pocket and slip your hand in there to dry your palms if you have sweaty palms before the handshake.
;)

Good Luck Barre Baby!:)

On your new career be strictly,strictly business and NEVER lose your cool!!!

Go 'head, man

Originally posted by Barre Baby
Working on computers at Chase(bank) in Monroe. Im moving up in the world.

CONGRATS Barre Baby! :tup:

What kind of work are you doing on computers? I'm wondering what of "computer work" companies are paying for these days.

Man, be professional. That's some great advice given above. And be willing to LISTEN twice as much as you talk. You'll learn a whole lot when you just listen.

Good luck bruh! Always represent yourself to the best of your ability. Remember that you not only impact yourself, but all those who aspire to come behind you.

God Bless...

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Good luck bruh! Always represent yourself to the best of your ability. Remember that you not only impact yourself, but all those who aspire to come behind you.

God Bless...

check your PM.

As an individual that has interviewed several people myself, I suggest a few pointers which have'nt been mentioned:

If the interviewer asks you to name some of your strengths and weaknesses make sure that the strengths you name are truly strengths that you possess...I remember asking one person telling me that his strength was organization and strong attention to detail (yet I counted 3 spelling errors in his resume).

If you are asked questions in reference to your weaknesses always talk about things that can be viewed as a strength...

For example, say things like:
"I am somewhat of a workaholic!", "I pay a little too much attention to detail!", "I sometimes expect too much out of my fellow co-workers!"......(you'll never hear an employer say, "Damn, that Barre Baby works to hard...he makes all my other employees look bad.) Get the job first, then let them find out if you have weaknesses.

BTW, never say that you do not have any weaknesses, this portrays arrogance and dodging of the question...

I had one guy tell me he had no weaknesses, I then told him that even Superman was vulnerable to Kryptonite.....he then continued to say that he had none.

This was the same guy with the 3 spelling errors too.

But my best advice to you is to purchase a book called "Knock Em Dead" it can be found at any bookstore or Office Depot or Kinko's it costs about 20.00 and has several interview questions used by fortune 500 companies. I use it as well, and it also tells you what your response means to the interviewer. It even tells you how to dress for the interview.

GOOD LUCK PLAYA !!!!!!
:D :D :D

Originally posted by Makaho Bedrock
As an individual that has interviewed several people myself, I suggest a few pointers which have'nt been mentioned:

If the interviewer asks you to name some of your strengths and weaknesses make sure that the strengths you name are truly strengths that you possess...I remember asking one person telling me that his strength was organization and strong attention to detail (yet I counted 3 spelling errors in his resume).

If you are asked questions in reference to your weaknesses always talk about things that can be viewed as a strength...

For example, say things like:
"I am somewhat of a workaholic!", "I pay a little too much attention to detail!", "I sometimes expect too much out of my fellow co-workers!"......(you'll never hear an employer say, "Damn, that Barre Baby works to hard...he makes all my other employees look bad.) Get the job first, then let them find out if you have weaknesses.

BTW, never say that you do not have any weaknesses, this portrays arrogance and dodging of the question...

I had one guy tell me he had no weaknesses, I then told him that even Superman was vulnerable to Kryptonite.....he then continued to say that he had none.

This was the same guy with the 3 spelling errors too.

But my best advice to you is to purchase a book called "Knock Em Dead" it can be found at any bookstore or Office Depot or Kinko's it costs about 20.00 and has several interview questions used by fortune 500 companies. I use it as well, and it also tells you what your response means to the interviewer. It even tells you how to dress for the interview.

GOOD LUCK PLAYA !!!!!!
:D :D :D

I can tell you what one of homeboys weaknesses was.................<font size=7>SPELLING!!!!!!!!!</font> :D:D:D

Great post Makaho. :tup:

Yo cuz...make sure you be knowin bout the job you inturviewin fo. You don't wanna sound like no sucka. Look da mane right in his aye. Wear yo Sunday school suit cuz. Make sho ain't no rang round the collar. Polish yo shoes loc. Sho up on time loc. Answer the querstions to the best of yo bility. Yo cuz..stay up and let a ni**a no the deal yo.

One

Now this is SAD

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Yo cuz...make sure you be knowin bout the job you inturviewin fo. You don't wanna sound like no sucka. Look da mane right in his aye. Wear yo Sunday school suit cuz. Make sho ain't no rang round the collar. Polish yo shoes loc. Sho up on time loc. Answer the querstions to the best of yo bility. Yo cuz..stay up and let a ni**a no the deal yo.

One

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by NASTYNUPE

One
:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Back