BoomBox Classic 2019 Attendance

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I’ve never seen a picture to definitely describe the class difference between Thee Jackson state vs SUckers like this one.

Attachments

• 6F452451-DD2C-4F9A-94DC-6C7F4EB7C807.jpeg
    6F452451-DD2C-4F9A-94DC-6C7F4EB7C807.jpeg
    759.9 KB · Views: 59
I’ve never seen a picture to definitely describe the class difference between Thee Jackson state vs SUckers like this one.

Now this reminds me of the old SWACpage... And the SBINC (Slaw Busters Incorporated) crew... I remember a time if you were affiliated or known to be affiliated, you would be Banned. LOL @ SlawBusters

Y'all know what week it is ???

Attachments

• 34C9F90B-0592-4364-933E-70CBEB30D7F5.jpeg
    34C9F90B-0592-4364-933E-70CBEB30D7F5.jpeg
    710 KB · Views: 56
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Depends on the weather. If rain or a cold front swings thru(like the 1 in dfw), it could be low. If it’s good weather, it should be over 40k.

Props to J State with their home attendance!!!
Thanks. I respect you for that complement. Forecast is for sunny skies with a high of 62.

DUDE Said half his family from New York attended JSU. I was like well tell them to come on down. lol

Attachments

• E577EFA0-67D5-4AB7-BF23-F21D32E8FFD0.jpeg
    E577EFA0-67D5-4AB7-BF23-F21D32E8FFD0.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 40
WE had 35k for HC. I expect 35-40k of jsu alone. So 50k sound about right.

SU and JSU bands already had a match-up this year, SU and JSU football teams are sloppy and inconsistent to be honest, and both have their biggest in-state rivals coming up ... I expect no more than 50K at most ... 15K to 20K for SU ... far from the glory days of a sell-out but still a strong and lively crowd will be present

Last edited:
DAY
11/16
1.svg

58°F
RealFeel® 63°
Remaining cool with plenty of sun
MORE

MORNING
AFTERNOON
NIGHT
11/16
34.svg

34°F
RealFeel® 38°
Clear to partly cloudy and cold
https://accuweather.com/en/weather-...illiant-fireballs-to-peak-monday-night/614642

Last edited:
SU and JSU bands already had a match-up this year, SU and JSU football teams are sloppy and inconsistent to be honest, and both have their biggest in-state rivals coming up ... I expect no more than 50K at most ... 15K to 20K for SU ... far from the glory dates of a sell-out but still a strong and lively crowd will be present
Crankfest wasn’t a SU and JSU matchup. Both teams are still alive for the SWAC championship. Alcorn is in Jackson and the Classic is in two weeks. I think this will be close to a sell out

I remember 60k was easy to hit - what happened?
Attendance across the board on all levels of football has taken a hit. As for as JSU, we've hit 60k b4 in the last 10 years but previous administration would have some type of under count in the attendance. I remember I think in 2010 i know it was 60k for the JSU vs SU game and I think they reported 39000. You can go on youtube and see for yourself.

SU and JSU bands already had a match-up this year, SU and JSU football teams are sloppy and inconsistent to be honest, and both have their biggest in-state rivals coming up ... I expect no more than 50K at most ... 15K to 20K for SU ... far from the glory dates of a sell-out but still a strong and lively crowd will be present
Dude when it comes to The Sonic Boom and Jukebox people will come see these 2 battle more than one time. Even the roger bros who were the MC's for Crankfest said they will be in attendance. In state rivals dnt matter none this week for neither school. Is all about Jsu and Su this week. Im not sure what world you are in but the Alcorn game is in Jackson and Bayou is 3 weeks away dude. WTF??? And this game is a very important game, couldn't ask for better timing of this game from a financial standpoint. I expect atleast 50,000. 15,000 from SU, 30k for JSU and 5k from casual fans. I marched in the boom, it will be 100 times brutal come game day than at crankfest. You would never understand being on the outside looking in. I remember the time SU sneaked in the stadium to already be in stands b4 the boom, which was the security guards fault. But you gotta love the pride from both schools. These 2 schools hate one another. When it comes to JSU and SU fans its all about showing up to show out, neither could care about the football team in a way that would effect them coming to game in droves. As usual a typical black person would find every reason for the game to not be successful versus the other way around. The hate is real in the swac. FYI Crankfest didnt have no more than 10k and that's stretching it by a large number. These 2 school represent HBCU's very well on a larger scale. Many people think hbcu's dnt have large fan bases.

Last edited:
Back