Bonds hits #68

GramFan

I will feel comfortable if Bonds hits another homerun this weekend in his quest to hit at least 71. He hit one tonight off of this San Diego pitcher in the 2nd inning named Middlebrooks. Ofcourse, he has been walked twice tonight.

I hope that he does hit 71. At least that will take everyone's minds off of the NYC and DC situation. We need something to get behind.
I'm also rooting for Barry because he is due some respect. Watch ESPN, those folks are on his jock now more than ever!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
He's on 69 now....he will either tie the record here in Houston or break the record. He has 7 games left to get 2 homeruns and his team his still in the payoff hunt.

Hey Fiyah,

Do you think he'll do it in Houston? Enron is his kind of place, short and all and he does have good numbers there. I think he'll get two more just on GP, but he is going to have to watch out for the unintentional walks now. I mean the HIT BY PITCHES. I think he will be hit alot this week. After you IW the man twice, you can't do it again so you throw a breaking ball that just doesn't break. It started yesterday w/ San Diego. One things for sure he won't be getting those fat groovers right across the plate like McGuire did his last weekend.

Houston is still trying to fight off St. Louis so I don't see him getting too many good pitches to hit during that series.

The last series against LA might end up being his best shot if LA is eliminated. But given the history between LA and SF, especially if LA can play spoiler to the Giants chances, he might not see too many good pitches in that one either.

When interviewing his Father yesterday it was noted that Bobby Bonds had a chance to become the first 40-40 man in baseball (40 homers, 40 steals). He was at 39 homers and 40+ steals with about a week to go and couldn't get that last one (he hit one in the all-star game earlier in the summer but that one didn't count). I hope family history doesn't repeat itself and Barry misses by one.

One final thing: Mark Mcquire is quoted as saying that regardless of the final number and if Barry breaks the record or not, Barry's feat is much greater than his because Barry has hit all those homeruns in far fewer at-bats. Barry has about 460 at bats. That's averages to less than one homer every seven times up. That is impressive.

Regards.

Back