Boeing now says it expects 737 MAX to resume commercial service in January

Jag - Boeing had good engineers, but they brought in people from MD (acquisition) to make it faster and cheaper, they got what they wanted. Boeing refused to listen to their engineers on the 737 max project, at the cost of lives. Boeing still has not told the whole truth or really owned up to their mistakes. They brought in a "new" leader (really old leader), and scapegoated some people.

I'm sure Boeing have some of the best engineers, but like most things, bean counters are always trying to push engineers aside in order to make more money. When I worked for the City of Los Angeles, the same thing was going on with our Management Analyst. Some (bean counters) were able to rewrite job descriptions so that they can take over positions that were normally held by Engineers. Some municipal directors positions, such as Public Works directors are no longer exclusively for Engineers. Now those positions are now open to anyone with a MBA. Somehow I can't see bean counters making critical technical decisions.

Last edited:

I am asking my Senators and Congresswoman to only give Boeing money IF THEY SPIN off the Aircraft division from the rest of the company with the current leadership in the aircraft division (including the CEO and board) must go with the new company.

Last edited:
With Nikki Haley once serving on Boeing's Board, it says a lot about the direction Boeing was heading. She's a politician with an accounting degree. I'm sure she was clueless about any technical decisions that could result in some type of catastrophic failure, such as the decision to upgrade the 737 MAX 8 engines.

Jag - Boeing had good engineers, but they brought in people from MD (acquisition) to make it faster and cheaper, they got what they wanted. Boeing refused to listen to their engineers on the 737 max project, at the cost of lives. Boeing still has not told the whole truth or really owned up to their mistakes. They brought in a "new" leader (really old leader), and scapegoated some people.

You are right, I have a classmate that resigned from Boeing because he was concerned about the QA process for the software he was pretty much labeled a trouble maker but he told me before all this stuff happened that some things weren't being examined as close as he had experienced at other companies

A good example of another bean counter/politician is Michigan's Governor Rick Snyder who switch Flint's water source in order to save money. Now due to the corrosive water flowing through Flint's water system, the City has to find a way to replace pretty much its entire water system that is made up of miles of old metal pipes. Snyder also has an accounting degree, MBA, and a Juris Doctors. I'm sure he was also clueless on the devastating impact of switching the City of Flint water source in order to save money. IMO, bean counters are the reason why government agencies can no longer function the way they should. Instead of seeing governments as a not for profit entity that protects the health, safety, and welfare of the public, they try to run governments like a for profit corporate entity.

Last edited:
You are right, I have a classmate that resigned from Boeing because he was concerned about the QA process for the software he was pretty much labeled a trouble maker but he told me before all this stuff happened that some things weren't being examined as close as he had experienced at other companies

On top of poor software, Boeing made some bad business decisions to add to their problems, such as not mentioning to their buyers (airlines) about the MCAS system they placed on the 737 MAX 8, which keeps the plane from pitching up too high and causing it to stall. They wanted to treat the 737 MAX 8 like any other older version of the 737 series, where pilots would need very little training to switch from an older version to the MAX 8. IMO, anytime some type of automatic flying device is installed on a plane, it's critical to let pilots know about it in case it malfunctions, which is why the two MAX 8's crashed.

Boeing company president and the board of directors families should fly across country on it first and prove to us it's ready.

Any major incident from here on out could mean a government takeover. I could see a Biden administration breaking that company up

Another 737 MAX Issue Grounds Airframes for 16 Airlines​

After being grounded for 20 months, the Boeing 737 MAX is once again cleared to fly passengers in the United States. In a highly anticipated move, the Federal Aviation Administration has rescinded the emergency order of prohibition and issued a new airworthiness directive for the troubled airframe, allowing airlines to re-integrate it into fleets once the required modifications are completed.

Boeing 737 MAX Re-Clearance “Followed a Methodical, Deliberate Safety Process”

In a short video by FAA administrator Steve Dickson, the head of the agency said that the review followed a “methodical, deliberate safety process” to determine how it could be returned to service.

“Shortly after I became FAA administrator, I pledged to fly the Boeing 737 MAX, and promised that I wouldn’t unground it until I was 100 percent comfortable the aircraft was safe,” Dickson said in the video. “Based on all the activities we’ve undertaken in the past 20 months, and my personal experience flying the aircraft, I can tell you now that I’m 100 percent comfortable with my family flying on it.”

In the rescission of the grounding order, Dickson notes that “the Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines accidents involved a common cause,” previously identified as the MCAS system. In August, the FAA issued a proposed rule to make corrections to the system, including updating computer systems.

“Together, the Airworthiness Directive and the design approval address the unsafe condition as to the existing U.S.-registered fleet of Boeing Company Model 737-8 and 737-9 airplanes and as to any Model 737-8 and 737-9 airplanes for which The Boeing Company hereafter seeks airworthiness certificates and export certificates of airworthiness,” the order reads. “It is now practicable for the FAA to give preference to the proceedings that the FAA began in response to the emergency.”

Back