Body Building?

Mike

Ace Dawg! RQQ!!!!
I've been working out alot lately. I getting my swole on. My Biceps and triceps are developing nicely. I'm forming in my arms but not to the point where they look symetrical. One of my arms is bigger than the other and I can't seem to get them together. My chest is coming along nicely, as well.

Here are my questions:

What can I do to enhance the growth of muscle?

What other type of curls or lifts can I do that will get to the hard spots to develop in the legs and upper body?

What supplements do you guys use that work?

Mike said:

I don't know about anything else because I don't want to look like a body builder. I want to look like a swimmer so my focus is just being nicely toned which in a month I will be TIGHT!!!

The only supplements I take are Mega Men Sport and Green Leaf Mega-T pills. I drink 8 bottled waters a day. I swim 3 days a week and lift 4.

Bench Presses
Flat- 3 reps of 10 (135 pounds, 145 pounds, 155 pounds)
Angled up- 3 reps of 10 (95 pounds, 105 pounds, 115 pounds)
Angled down-3 reps of 10 (115 pounds, 120 pounds, 130 pounds)

Curl Stuff
21's (35 pounds)
Curls with dumb bells 3 reps of 30 (15 pounds, 25 pounds, then 35 pounds)

Machine Weights
Abs-3 reps of 10 (60 pounds, 70 pounds, 80 pounds)
Ab Pull-3 reps of 10 (70 pounds, 80 pounds, 90 pounds)
Back Pull-3 reps of 10 (80 pounds, 90 pounds, 100 pounds)
Arm Push down- 3 reps of 10 (60 pounds, 70 pounds, 80 pounds)
Torso Twist-3 reps of 10 (70 pounds, 80 pounds, 90 pounds)

Cardio-Depends on How I feel
I swim a half mile
Walk and jog a mile
Bike ride 6 miles

If I swim I won't lift. If I walk and jog; I'll also bike ride and lift the machine weights.

Steam Room
15 minutes in wet sauna or 15 minutes in the dry sauna; depends on how I feel.

Mike said:
What other type of curls or lifts can I do that will get to the hard spots to develop in the legs and upper body?

The supplements that I take

NO2 – great for promoting muscle growth.

Triflex (GNC) – great for joint recovery.

Thermo Boost (GNC) – great for giving the energy needed to complete the workout.

Hard to develop spots (legs). do a spin class. Riding the bicycle will build your calves and legs. Get there early so that you can adjust your bike.

Good job Mike! :tup:

What DSN said up there about that bench to me is the bible! :nod: I'm scared to do any of it anymore lol, but when I did, it went something like this:

Flat bench - 10 sets (go up to 80% of the max while decreasing reps w/ higher weight and then return down the scale while almost maximizing the rep potential)
Incline bench - 4 sets of some "arbitrary" # of reps/weight combo (should be exhausted from the flat bench)
Decline bench - see incline bench ^^^^^^^^^.
Lat pull downs - 3 sets of 10 of some weight that increases w/ every set.

As for the triceps? :D I don't think one can too much go wrong w/ whatever one does. :) That's the largest part of the entire arm, so the most growth should occur there. Standing/lying sets of triceps presses/curls should do the trick.

As for the biceps? Never could figure those guys out. :confused: So, just regular curl w/ varying weights/reps seemed to get the results I wanted. I solely concentrated on my bench and tris. :) Benching also comes from strong tris. :read: ;)

As for lower body? Basketball. :emlaugh: Period. :lol:

Supplements? Can't really recommend too much because I've been w/ it arbitrarily over the last 10 yrs. lol But, I've been overly fascinated w/ the pure amino acids as of late (l-arginine/l-orthinine and a few others). GNC is the place. :)

My day of "youthism" is gone so I have no need to get "big" or get swoll. I'd like to slim down and tone up more than anything. Hence my reasoning for my current workout regiment.

Mike said:
Here are my questions:

What can I do to enhance the growth of muscle?

If you want to enhance your muscle Growth you will need to lift BIG Weights with minimun reps.
Heres a something to help:
CHEST: Start with a solid weight load (225lbs) and hit it 10 times, next go up by 20 (10lbs on each side) and do 8 reps, next add another 20 (10 on each side) 265lbs and do 6 reps and so on and so on.

ARMS: Folx think that its all about the bicept, its not!!!! Your tricept muscle is 3/5 of your total arm. You want bigger guns work on your Tricepts!!!!!
Kick backs, skull crushers, dips, close grip bench press, one armed tricept pulldowns with cables. Again, If you want bigger arms work more on your TRICEPTS.

LEGS: You are gonna have to start doing SQUATS. I cant explain how to do squats on this computer. You have to have someone there to help you do it PROPERLY!!! Squats are all about form and technique, not about how much you can do. You have to have your back straight, knees bent properly and head up. I would go to a trainer as ask them to help you with squats.
Lunges with 20, 25, 30lbs weights are great for your Quads, The most cosmetic part of your legs is your CALVES. CALVES speaks volumes when you are in the gym. Work on them either first or last. Work them bad boys to DEATH!!!!!!!

I do no take any supplements for my current workout.
When the Fall/Winter comes I will be heading to GNC for mass builder (Celltech capsules and NO2)
I just try to eat right and drink alot of water.

Hold up. The average person can coming running out the gate blasting 225.

I normally warm up with just the bar. Some idiot usually asked me if they can join me because they want to show me up. When we pass that 250 lbs barrier then usually get bug eyed. I normally try to hype them up to keep lifting heavy so that they can dislocate their shoulder.

pv_symbiotic said:
Hold up. The average person can coming running out the gate blasting 225.

I normally warm up with just the bar. Some idiot usually asked me if they can join me because they want to show me up. When we pass that 250 lbs barrier then usually get bug eyed. I normally try to hype them up to keep lifting heavy so that they can dislocate their shoulder.

Im sorry. 225 is regular weight for me.
My max is 355 (3 donuts and 2-10's on each side).

You know what you confortable weight is. Im doing 225 starting off until the first day of football. :D

Don't listen Sonny, he will have you explaining to your friends how you cracked your ribs by dropping the bar in it.

Mike which gym do you workout at?

If it is 24 hour fitness. We can meet there the next time that I am in Houston and go over your routine.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
I swim 3 days a week
What's the best stroke to use while swimming? I love to swim and everytime I conside swimming as a exercise I end up just playing around in the water

pv_symbiotic said:
Don't listen Sonny, he will have you explaining to your friends how you cracked your ribs by dropping the bar in it.

No I wont!!!!

Adjust the weight to YOUR confort level ladies and gentlemen.

:D

Always use a spotter.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Funny story...this dude that works out his GIRL spots him...man that is so funny to me.

I remember seeing that back in the day. I thought that was sexy as L. I wanted to hit her.

like buying a new porshe and then wanting to drive from New York to Cali.

Dont fugg up the new forum yall.

:D

pv_symbiotic said:

Mike which gym do you workout at?

If it is 24 hour fitness. We can meet there the next time that I am in Houston and go over your routine.

Since I can't sleep.....

The gym I work out at is called Mike's Gym. It's not too crowded and usually it's only one or two people there when I work out. :lol:

Sonny, you trying to get my arse choked out by the bar? I thought we was cool, Bruh?

I'm also trying to get my stomach back in shape. The best abs I have had was when I was marching in the band. So, I do step 2s, 4s, and 8s. Then I go back down. I've also done crunches. I'm gonna start using the ball as soon as I find where it is.

I will probably join a gym, but right now I'm trying to get in better shape so that I don't look like a panzy when I do join. PVsym, when you come to Houston let me know. I'll pay to go in a gym one day with you and get some good techniques down.

I am still on topic. I am talking about the joys of benching pressing and the supplements that I take.

I guess that I shouldn't continue to talk about spin class is great on leg development. Also being a novice in the class, the white women light up when they see me walk in to room. They just love helping me adjust the seat on my bike.

I'm gonna be honest guys. I don't know some of the stuff yall talking about. I know the presses. I know the Elyptical (sp?) machine. But, what is the spin class?

I need some pictures of the stuff yall talking about. It's been awhile since I have been in an actual gym. I quit then because I was tired of not being able to touch my face because my arms felt like they would explode if I bent them. Now that I have became a little more knowledgeable about how to work out and not get as stiff and soar. I want to know more about how to get the body that I want. You guys saw what I said I wanted to look like in the forum. Help me out with some pictures, internet videos, or somethin'.

I should've taken a picture of before and what I look like now that I have been working out so you can gauge my progress. I may do that from this point on.

Thanks in advance!

SONNY said:
ARMS: Folx think that its all about the bicept, its not!!!! Your tricept muscle is 3/5 of your total arm. You want bigger guns work on your Tricepts!!!!!
Kick backs, skull crushers, dips, close grip bench press, one armed tricept pulldowns with cables. Again, If you want bigger arms work more on your TRICEPTS.

:bowdown: Yes sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

You can also get the same effect from doing that same type motion using a regular chair. :read: Get your buns off the chair and over the edge while gripping the front of the chair hands forward. Slowly go down and lift while your legs are straight such that only your heels are on the floor! Great exercise!

Panthro said:
:bowdown: Yes sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

You can also get the same effect from doing that same type motion using a regular chair. :read: Get your buns off the chair and over the edge while gripping the front of the chair hands forward. Slowly go down and lift while your legs are straight such that only your heels are on the floor! Great exercise!

I've been doing that and that's what I think has been developing my arms. :tup:

Since you are concerned about your arms being sore.

I think that Sonny will be the person to help you achieve your goals.

Back