Black Voices Quarterly Magazine is now officially out of business

I hate that it is gone. This magazine was a great source of Black College recruitment material. I hope the magazine can find a new home and return to the stands soon.

I am sorry to hear this, I wonder will someone else fill the void of the bcf edition this year. I stil have the original editions of it back when it was Sports View, I loved that mag.

I think 'readership' and subscriptions were prolly the main issues that doomed the magazine.. That, and perhaps market-share. Yanno, there are dozens of 'black' magazines all competing for a share of a steadily-dwindling market......

Bottom line: we didn't support it enough...........

:shame:

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
I think 'readership' and subscriptions were prolly the main issues that doomed the magazine.. That, and perhaps market-share. Yanno, there are dozens of 'black' magazines all competing for a share of a steadily-dwindling market......

Bottom line: we didn't support it enough...........

:shame:
It originally started out as just a yearly black college football magazine. Sports View I believe it was growing in membership until it sold out to Black Voices.

Dang. :( I'm really sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed reading each of the the publications when they came out...especially the football/band issues.

...Carry On..

This is a sad day.

I have all of the BVQ Football issues AND all of the old Sports View football issues, going back all the way to 1990!!!

I even have one of (probably the only one of) the Sports View Basketball editions, from around 1994.

I have spoken to Brett Moore (publisher of BVQ and Sports View) on the phone a number of times. He's a really cool guy. He's from Mobile, Alabama and attended FAMU. His sister attended Alabama State.

I hope he can turn this thing around and make a comeback.

Good luck Brett ! ! !

Back