Black History Month

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
The documentary America?s Black Warriors was a aired on The History Channel on Saturday February 9th 2002 at 9am. This program touched on the subject of black people fighting wars with two fronts. I have always considered myself a war buff. I always enjoy war movies covering the WWII era. I entertainingly watch the movies and ask the following questions: where are the black people? Also, Blacks didn?t fight in WWII> Would wonder this since blacks rarely appeared in the color or black and white movies that I watched as a kid. Jim Brown portraying a convict doesn?t cut it. I was very impressed with this program until the program began to discuss the 1990?s and beyond. At this point the program lost it?s gusto, but the program has inspired me to learn more about the black involvement in the wars of the United States.

This program should be air again on:

February 20 THE HISTORY CHANNEL CLASSROOM: America's Black Warriors: Two Wars to Win
(6:00 am ET):

Programs aired as part of History Channel may be videotaped and used in the classroom for up to one year from airdate. The exact length of time that a The History Channel Classroom program may be retained appears on air at the beginning of each program. All other programs aired on The History Channel may be videotaped and used in the classroom in accordance with the Standard Educational Fair Use Guidelines.

America's Black Warriors: Two Wars to Win
Throughout American history, from the Revolution to San Juan Hill, black soldiers had fought under the Stars and Stripes. But creeping racism during the beginning of the 20th century saw them in second-class roles, and America's generals and commanders widely believed that they were unfit for combat duty.

That program was one of the best that I have seen as an educational tool. I'm glad it will air again so I can tape it. I enjoyed the job that it did on showing that Black people have always been NEEDED in the country. The thing is, that I still can't understand why we keep falling for the tricks they use to get us in the military and to keep us sympathetic to their causes.

There is NO WAR in the history of this country that has not been fought over money and for the big businesses that gain from it. We get "hyped up" to join, thinking that things will get better for us, but see that things just remain the same!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Fiyah
I will have to take note of that next airing and plan to watch it.

Just set the VCR.

I plan on setting the VCR but if History Channel forgets to air the program or something unplanned occurs. I will purchase the program from the History Channel Store.

Back