Black and White Families Trade Places on TV

yes, I've been seeing this advertisement on tv, for quite a while now...it looks like it'll be kinda crazy. You can clearly look at those people and see they look fake and made up. I'm sure it'll be interesting to watch, though.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The show premiere's tonight, who's watching?

I think I'm going to watch just so I can get that dayum Ice Cube song out of my head. They play the show's theme song on the radio, and the F/X Channel at every commercial break.

Depending on how this goes, Cube may have another hit on his hand. Between the Friday series, and The Barbershop movies, along with Beautyshop, and the The Barbershop series on Showtime, Cube is doing the dayum thing.

NICE

I just watched the Tyra Banks Show, where they had the cast talking about their experience.

Ya'll better watch that real white chick! Something ain't right with her! She plays that naive role, but she knows when she's being offensive to the black race and tries to act all innocent. That mess ain't flying with me!

I thought the show was quite interesting, on last night..I thought ole Brian was getting ready to bust ole Bruno in the head there, for a minute. :emlaugh:

It was interesting to me. I found that that Brian truly wanted Bruno to see what he sees. I don't think Bruno would understand it if he did see it.

I don't know if the black family got anything out of the show. I felt like they already know what racism is/was from experience. I also was not sure about the Shoe Store incident....

J4J said:
It was interesting to me. I found that that Brian truly wanted Bruno to see what he sees. I don't think Bruno would understand it if he did see it.

I don't know if the black family got anything out of the show. I felt like they already know what racism is/was from experience. I also was not sure about the Shoe Store incident....

J4J, The white guy didn't really feel like the black family was facing anything racist. He didn't feel any pressure when he went shopping with the black guy.

Maybe it's me but it seemed like Bruno was getting an opportunity to
say NI&&A in public. Brian was getting lil :angry: at Bruno.

Like Steve Harvey said this morning.......they can put an er, ah, or uh
at the end, still asking for a beatdown...........

He was gettin' off on using the "N" word...I mean, he said it, a good 5 or 6 times and no one else ever used it.

Well for me I wasn't impressed with either families experience. I mean Brian to me, is coming off as an angry black man who thinks everything someone does is racist. Why didn't they have Bruno go into the same store that Brain went into as a white guy and see what the reaction would be.

Also how is that man in the bar didn't notice that the tv camera was there? I mean in order for them to show his face wouldn't they have to get his concent? Just like when the daughter was reading the poetry and dancing at the club or where ever they were.

The show was kinda interesting. The black family commented that on a daily basis they have to deal into a white world. The white family is so insulated to what goes on outside of their race. I've said before that if Oprah doesn't do a show on it then the white folks don't have any eyes into our world.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just watched this show....very intriguing

some sad but true things being revealed

I only watched like 15-20 minutes of the show. I just got too boring. I doubt I'll be watching much more of it.....

I think location plays(ed) a major role in what we the audience perceived. Based on what I viewed (saw), I would've sworn that the community they were in would be my type of community (no race related issues).

<b>They really should've filmed this in the DS (dirty-south) or along the 3rd Coast.</b> They would've gotten ALL of the classism/racism they could've ever desired. :)

Neat idea and long overdue. Wrong location.

Panthro said:
I think location plays(ed) a major role in what we the audience perceived. Based on what I viewed (saw), I would've sworn that the community they were in would be my type of community (no race related issues).

<b>They really should've filmed this in the DS (dirty-south) or along the 3rd Coast.</b> They would've gotten ALL of the classism/racism they could've ever desired. :)

Neat idea and long overdue. Wrong location.
:nod: my thoughts exactly.

Finally, a white person experienced what being black is all about when faced with racism.

Thank you lord.

I'm glad they showed the racism whites face when we give it to them also.

It goes both ways...(though white is more prevelant of course)

Back