Birmingham Southern to close down in May

That's a really nice campus.
It really is! Most of the time you hear about a school closing and you think of a ran down campus… Birmingham Southern is the total opposite. I went there for the first time when my son had a basketball tournament and was amazed. I pass by by it everytime I go to Legion Field (it’s literally walking distance)… but its gated up (to keep the Black folks out) so I had never been inside the campus.

I have a 2nd cousin who is/was a rising senior and starter on the Basketball team. He was doing very well. Now he is trying to look at his options.

Birmingham Southern use to have some Becky Becks who went hard in the paint back in the late 80's early 90's too. My freshman roommate was from Greensboro Al and he grew up around a lot of white folks. We use to go down there a lot and my ole my when the drinks got to flowing them Christian gals turned into the 😈.. . To be young again 🤣

That's the $64,000 question ...

What would Miles, or AAMU, gain for acquiring the B-SC campus? Is it worth the investment?
First thing I did not know Marcy from Married With Children went to this school as did Miles Copeland from the Police.

Miles is 15 minutes away

AAMU is an hour and a half away.

The onus should be on Miles College to buy that campus and move their and sell or do something with the old campus. Because there is nothing stopping some for profit group from buying that spot and opening up a school be it college or charter. The charter would hurt the public schools more than Miles but that charter could funnel kids to Bama and NOT an HBCU.

For AAMU- what is around Birmingham versus where AAMU is at? In terms of businesses and houses?

If being there-will it be enough to attract teams to play non-conference D1 games there? SO we don't have the basketball team forever traveling and not playing at home against a D1 team.
Would it be easier to recruit kids in that area?
Would it be easier to buy the school versus repairing your current campus?

In terms of black pop-Birmingham beats Huntsville. IT is NOT GOP control in the mayor's office.

But SOMEONE needs to buy it. Before the wrong person does.

I've learned to be weary of mostly Black leadership. Call me anti-Black or whatever but it's not true ... I am just not gonna pretend Black people are perfect and I don't notice when they lead things usually goes really bad. Memphis, Detroit, Philadelphia, Jackson, Washington DC, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, on and so forth ... all cities with maority Black leadership and none are considered highly desirable cities to live or raise a family (unless maybe you rich). Atlanta may be the only exception but that's only b/c they have a large white/non-Black presence in the city now and they in fact call the shots "behind the scenes"

Montgomery was doing well before it became majority Black. That's when the chaos and decline worsen. I used to visit Montgomery often before Reed got in office, I notice the difference once white people start leaving
DC population has exploded fam. Even with our crime issues post-covid (which are finally going down). DC is still growing and is growing faster than the suburbs (Prices Georges county, MD and Arlington County, VA).

DC population has exploded fam. Even with our crime issues post-covid (which are finally going down). DC is still growing and is growing faster than the suburbs (Prices Georges county, MD and Arlington County, VA).
DC WAS booming until the problems worsen after 2020 . Not only is the population unstable again, but the Washington Wizards (NBA) and Washington Capitols (NHL) even wanted to leave the city but DC leadership recently did some really good begging to keep them there. But many other DC businesses have already left or are planning to leave. The FBI HQ is moving to PG County which is a big lost. DC was on the right path until the Black Lives Matter liberals destroyed any consequences and accountability for crime. Also if you haven't been keeping up, a lot of the people who was making DC great are leaving for the suburbs ... the crime and city leadership is that bad.

Last edited:
DC WAS booming until the problems worsen after 2020 worsen. Not only is the population unstable again, but the Washington Wizards (NBA) and Washington Capitols (NHL) even wanted to leave the city but DC leadership did some really good begging to keep them there. But many other DC businesses have already left or are planning to leave. The FBI HQ is moving to PG County which is a big lost. DC was on the right path until the Black Lives Matter liberals destroyed any consequences and accountability for crime. Also if you haven't been keeping up, a lot of the people who was making DC great are leaving for the suburbs ... the crime and city leadership is that bad.

Brother, I live in the city. I understand fully what is going on. I have spoken at length on this very site about how white progressives basically gave criminals in the city a free pass. However, I am telling you that despite all of that, the city is still growing and they are beginning to crack down on crime (its still bad) but making it seem like everyone is leaving the city is an exaggeration. try renting an apartment in the city.

DC WAS booming until the problems worsen after 2020 . Not only is the population unstable again, but the Washington Wizards (NBA) and Washington Capitols (NHL) even wanted to leave the city but DC leadership recently did some really good begging to keep them there. But many other DC businesses have already left or are planning to leave. The FBI HQ is moving to PG County which is a big lost. DC was on the right path until the Black Lives Matter liberals destroyed any consequences and accountability for crime. Also if you haven't been keeping up, a lot of the people who was making DC great are leaving for the suburbs ... the crime and city leadership is that bad.

Clarence Thomas is mentor isn't he. Dude you need to do some soul searching. Black folks aren't your enemy.

Reactions: J C

Brother, I live in the city. I understand fully what is going on. I have spoken at length on this very site about how white progressives basically gave criminals in the city a free pass. However, I am telling you that despite all of that, the city is still growing and they are beginning to crack down on crime (its still bad) but making it seem like everyone is leaving the city is an exaggeration. try renting an apartment in the city.
It was Black progressives too that wanted criminals to run the city. It'll be wise for some Black people to stop blaming everything on white people b/c it's not true and makes the problem worse. And of course you want to believe that crime is improving b/c you invested but it's really not. And MPD manipulate those numbers to look good and keep their jobs. I talk to ppl who live in DC and NONE of them feel any safer since the pandemic no matter what MPD says. And I never said everybody was leaving the city ... you made that up. We'll agree to disagree ... good luck!

Yall crime is wild right now. They're for sure gonna be dropping crime bills in DC if they aren't already. I saw a video the other day of some kids in ski masks just pistol whipping another kid out in the open. One of em had a draco.

DC was on the right path until the Black Lives Matter liberals destroyed any consequences and accountability for crime.
It was Black progressives too that wanted criminals to run the city
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Yall crime is wild right now. They're for sure gonna be dropping crime bills in DC if they aren't already. I saw a video the other day of some kids in ski masks just pistol whipping another kid out in the open. One of em had a draco.
They dropped one about a month ago but its some more stuff needed. They need to get rid of the no-chase policy. Also, they need to get rid of the juvenille protections for murders and aggravated assaults. Right now, you can not be held past your 21st birthday for any crime so we have 16 year olds getting 5 years for murder. They also giving kids slaps on the wrist for carjacking. If Trump wins, GOP will probably takeover the city.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/03/05/dc-council-public-safety-secure-overhaul-pinto/

It was Black progressives too that wanted criminals to run the city. It'll be wise for some Black people to stop blaming everything on white people b/c it's not true and makes the problem worse. And of course you want to believe that crime is improving b/c you invested but it's really not. And MPD manipulate those numbers to look good and keep their jobs. I talk to ppl who live in DC and NONE of them feel any safer since the pandemic no matter what MPD says. And I never said everybody was leaving the city ... you made that up. We'll agree to disagree ... good luck!
Na bruh, your original statement was that no one wanted to live here. I pointed out that DC population grew last year by 2% while every single surrounding jurisdiction saw a population decrease.

So you think that MPD gave real data one year (2023) showing a historic crime rate and highest murders in 20 years and then all of sudden start making up fake numbers in 2024 or could it be that the feds opened up a 24 crime-center and the US Attorney finally started prosecuting people. Crime is still wild in DC. I am the first person to say that but 1st quarter 2024 so far has been better than 2023

Back