Big3 successful format spawns The Premier Lacrosse League in 2019

Everett Pulliam Jr

pll_16x9_v8.jpg

The league, which is co-founded by Paul Rabil and his brother Mike Rabil, will have their inaugural season begin on June 1, 2019. The league will make stops in 12 “major-market” cities and has a media rights deal with NBC Sports Group. 17 games will be televised on NBCSN, two games, including the championship game, will be on NBC, with 20 more on NBC Sports Gold, a subscription service.

The league’s players will also receive full-time wages, benefits, and equity in the league. The PLL will be the first major North American pro team sports league that offers equity to their players. The financial backing includes companies such as The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), The Chernin Group, and Blum Capital. According to Bloomberg, New England Patriots wide receiver Chris Hogan is also an investor.

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2018/...o-paul-rabil-kyle-harrison-nbc-sports-pll-mll

I am surprised that Lacrosse hasn't taken off in this country. MLL seemed to be on it's way but it never did plus their players make half of what first year CFL players make so this league definitely is a step up from that

I'm not a fan of the sport but I'll check it out. I love the Chrome branding. I've always wanted a team to use the Redwoods name since the old UFL, but that logo's a bit boring.

[B]Premier Lacrosse League[/B]‏ @[B]PremierLacrosse[/B]
I am surprised that Lacrosse hasn't taken off in this country. MLL seemed to be on it's way but it never did plus their players make half of what first year CFL players make so this league definitely is a step up from that
it's time is coming
in the last 10 years almost every high school in my area (both public and private) have a boy's and girl's team. It is the new "soccer" among the kids.

Back