Big Rube To Lose Weight

THAMES

Since AI's Randy Johnson is is lifestyle coach, I wonder if this includes one of those stomach stapleing operations. What do you call them?

ruben_chubby.jpg

Ruben Studdard

Extreme Makeover for ?American Idol? Studdard
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2004
By: SHERREL WHEELER STEWART, BlackAmericaWeb.com

?American Idol? Ruben Studdard, who rocketed to fame and captured major music award nominations, is making a lifestyle change to enhance his performance.

The 360-pound, 6-foot 4-inch crooner who was nicknamed ?Velvet Teddy Bear? by Gladys Knight is moving from Alabama to California to hook up with a professional trainer and get in shape for the rest of his life.

Studdard?s fans and friends say the Idol?s decision to pursue a healthier lifestyle will make a difference in his work. ...
--------

Read the Story ...
http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/bawnews/ruben1011

I wouldn't wish gastic bypass on anyone, but he has a long road ahead of him. I believe he can do it.

Yeah,

Ruben can do it, if he works hard.
Im sick of seeing that OFAY Clay in e'rething.

Ruben, is a great candidate for gastric by-pass, but there are others things that come along with that afterwards. Loose skin is seems to be a major issues after the weight is actually lost, which means some people would be going on to have plastic surgery to tighten up things so to speak. Personally, what he need to do is work out 3 times a days for at least 1 1/2 hours (since he is so big, start out small), eat 3 good small meals a day that and snack throughout the day on carrots, apples, celery, etc. And add water to is diet. I bet if he could do this for a month, then double the exercise plan by the month, he would be good to go. He can do it without the surgery actually.

P.S. Someone needs to get that man a live in fitness instructure, and nutrionist (ooops). I believe in that man, he can do it.

His size is not the issue when it comes to exercise, if he isn't in shape he needs to slow ramp his way into the lifestyle. Ruben is fluffy fat, obviously he lives a sedentary lifestyle. If he does opt for the gastric bypass, he will have a shock to his sensibilities. He quite simply won't be able to eat himself silly without dire consequences. I would rather him take a sensible approach. It may take a couple years, but it isn't as problem prone as having a procedure done. The mortality rates alarm me.

They showed him working out with a trainer on Extra. So it looks like he's taking that road.

Randy said he hasn't opted to have his extra skin removed yet...

I just hope he doesn't get too small like most after surgeries. I like him thick, even though he could stand to lose about 100 lbs. I like my men thick...gotta have something to hold on to. Besides if he gets too small...he won't be able to keep his nickname...Velvet Teddy Bear.

Back