Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, to Tighten Pollution Rules

bernard

THEE Realist
WASHINGTON — President Biden on Thursday will move to tighten tailpipe emissions, a leading cause of the carbon dioxide pollution that is heating the planet, and encourage American carmakers to rev up the sales of electric vehicles.

Mr. Biden will restore and slightly strengthen the regulations to the levels that existed under President Barack Obama but were weakened during the Trump administration. In addition, he is expected to announce that his administration is drafting a set of even more stringent auto pollution rules for both passenger vehicles and heavy-duty trucks.

“When I say electric vehicles are the future, I’m not joking,” Mr. Biden wrote in a tweet on Wednesday evening. “Tune in for big news tomorrow.”

He will also sign an executive order that sets a target that half of all vehicles sold in the United States be electric by 2030.

Big oil is not going to take that lying down or will they? The price of gas is ridiculous. Even now gas should be $1 or less. Maybe there is a deal with big oil to let them rip us off for a couple of years before we move to electric. America is, first and foremost, about that dollar.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Everything will be electric by 2030. Electric zero turn mowers are being bought by big lawn care companies. Gas products days are numbered. In fact home Depot carried more battery equipment than gas now.

He'd better get started on spreading charging stations around the country. Hopefully they can speed up the charging stations. I wonder how fuel convenience stores in the hood would be changed? I suspect they'll close.

I got some EV shares and started to invest in infrastructure ETFs. Be on the lookout for Rivian. Amazon invested more than $1 billion in Rivian and ordered 100,000 electric delivery vans from the company. They will drop an IPO sometime in Q4 2021 or Q1 2022.

Last edited:
I go fishing out in rural North Alabama. I was in Athens Al and stopped at Walmart and noticed charging stations. If they are getting them it's just a matter of time they come to bigger cities. See we gotta learn the game like these white folks play. They oppose everything in public, but quietly they buy the stock and get the products they are telling you they hate. Don't be fooled by them. What ever they tell you do the opposite.

I go fishing out in rural North Alabama. I was in Athens Al and stopped at Walmart and noticed charging stations. If they are getting them it's just a matter of time they come to bigger cities. See we gotta learn the game like these white folks play. They oppose everything in public, but quietly they buy the stock and get the products they are telling you they hate. Don't be fooled by them. What ever they tell you do the opposite.
Is there a fee to use the charging station...how much?

Is there a fee to use the charging station...how much?
It depends on where you go. My son went to the DMV in his town on the east coast and he charged his Tesla for free there and certain malls are free also. He had been researching that car since high school and thanks to graduating from PV he can afford one LOL. Since they only have two electric parking spaces at his apartment, they let him use an extension cord to charge his car there. He told me when he does have to pay it comes out to either equal or a little less than if he bought gas, however he loves how it runs and the car is pretty much very little to zero maintenance. To me the only thing is Tesla has their own charging network and it is very large, the general charging stations will need to catch up to the same amount of coverage and the other car companies need to catch up to Tesla's range and software updates because their full self driving ability is getting pretty good when my son showed me his after getting the subscription. The other thing that is holding them back is garages that can work on the cars, this black brother Rich Rebuilds on Youtube, he's a crazy but he has built 3 electric car garages and is fighting now for electric car companies to let 3rd party garages work on cars because it's not real open right now. This is a video of him saving a person's Model 3 that Tesla wanted a ton of money to fix, he has an odd sense of humor so ignore the off color jokes, I'm corny so he's funny to me LOL

He starts talking about the repair at about 3 minutes in:

He'd better get started on spreading charging stations around the country. Hopefully they can speed up the charging stations. I wonder how fuel convenience stores in the hood would be changed? I suspect they'll close.
They're already doing this... at least in ATL. Targets, walmarts and quite a few others have added super chargers. With the new Tesla, you can travel from coast to coast and always be in range of a super charger. They are building out far quicker than I think you know. Even LaGrange has super chargers now.

Georgia Power offices have super chargers now too... hell Chick Fil A's corporate office has super chargers for their employees. That place is like willy wonka's chocolate factory for adults though. They have a daily all you can eat buffet for their employees. And I dont mean just their sandwiches and whatnot... they had a whole pho bar, a full salad bar, an ice cream station...and you can eat all you want. It's crazy... if someone that works there ever invites you there, GO.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back