Beyonce shows love to SWAC HBCUs in Netflix special

tsugraytiger

SWAC HBCUs are the best HBCUs and I seen some clips of SWAC bands in the documentary. She also mentioned how TSU and PV had a big impact on her growing up. It was really an uplifting story about the black experience in America and well put together too btw.

It took a Queen from 3rd Ward Houston (TSU's backyard) to show ya'll how it's done. Check it out! #ProudHBCUGrad

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The World Famed just came back from Cali, filming with her this past weekend. It will be unveiled soon. She flew them out to Cali etc.

The original Destinys Child did PV Springfest one year back in the 90s right when that "No,no,no" song was hitting. Personally I thought they were gonna be a one hit wonder,lol. Years later they asked the Marching Storm to perform with them for the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving Halftime. In this new Trump's America, anything that steers kids to HBCUs is a good thing. i can feel the energy and attention being placed on HBCUs these days the same way Hilman College did for me . PV will have another banner year in terms of enrollment.

The original Destinys Child did PV Springfest one year back in the 90s right when that "No,no,no" song was hitting. Personally I thought they were gonna be a one hit wonder,lol. Years later they asked the Marching Storm to perform with them for the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving Halftime. In this new Trump's America, anything that steers kids to HBCUs is a good thing. i can feel the energy and attention being placed on HBCUs these days the same way Hilman College did for me . PV will have another banner year in terms of enrollment.

They performed that same song at tsu’s Homecoming back in 1997 at halftime. Wonder what they cost now lol

They came to Grambling with Goodie Mob back in '97

Tbh, The comments that I am.seeing pisses me off,...It took Beyonce to do Coachella and Homecoming for people to know what HBCU bands are about. Kinda like Drumline, and for BLACKS living especially in the deep south to make comments like they had no clue that HBCUS were in there backyard is crazy

Tbh, The comments that I am.seeing pisses me off,...It took Beyonce to do Coachella and Homecoming for people to know what HBCU bands are about. Kinda like Drumline, and for BLACKS living especially in the deep south to make comments like they had no clue that HBCUS were in there backyard is crazy

Man i'm not shocked. I'm around kids daily and some of them didn't even know what HBCU meant. Lack of teaching our heritage or even given a damn is prevelant.

I'm happy for #GramFam .... hopefully this helps with recruitment and name recognition. I truly feel when one school does well, it positively impacts the rest of our schools

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back