Bethune Cookman vs Mississippi Valley State Game Updates: 6:00pm CT

Big game today for Valley. A win today will give the Delta guys some serious confidence going into SWAC play. Let’s go Valley!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I expect BCU to smash Valley after that beating the Cats took from Miami. So far, Valley is playing tough. BCU should still win by at least 2 TD’s.

Defensively, I think it is safe to say we are definitely SWAC Championship level. Bethune got a good number of yards on the ground but it was a complete uphill climb with the way the offense sputtered tonight. BCU still only scored 22 points

Offensively, I knew if we scored 20 points we would stand a chance of winning but watching them play tonight gave me 2017 vibes of a OC wanting to stick with their system instead of going with what's available. I told yall in the Spring to not be surprised if Bryant got the job over Robinson because Powers wanted to run a RPO type system and I was right. They are trying to make a running QB with an inconsistent arm a pocket passer and it is not working. It is apparent our ceiling will be 3-4 TDs even against bad defenses. Dancy is gonna have to make some hard decisions going forward concerning play calling and QB because it is the obvious weak link on this team.

If you are gonna throw the ball, you got a 6'5 QB on the roster that can actually throw the ball 40 yards down the field easily. If not let him walk and make a mobile 6'2-6'4 DT QB your priority this recruiting cycle because the 5'10-5'11 QBs you got on the roster after this year ain't it

Well I don’t know about “SWAC Championship Level” defense, but Valley has improved. They are good enough to win some SWAC games.

If your defense can hold all 3 opponents to under 30 points (including common opponents with TSU (26) and BCU (22) that other SWAC schools have given up 30, 36 and 44 points) then you have a chance of winning the SWAC. That's not emotions talking. Those are facts. Remember we are "that Valley". We weren't supposed to go down to Lamar and compete. Just get a check and take our beating

The only teams offensively that we play that worry me are Alcorn and UAPB.

UAPB will score with anyone but as we proved last year, their defense is like water so it's gonna be another shoot out with them regardless

If your defense can hold all 3 opponents to under 30 points (including common opponents with TSU (26) and BCU (22) that other SWAC schools have given up 30, 36 and 44 points) then you have a chance of winning the SWAC. That's not emotions talking. Those are facts. Remember we are "that Valley". We weren't supposed to go down to Lamar and compete. Just get a check and take our beating

UAPB will score with anyone but as we proved last year, their defense is like water so it's gonna be another shoot out with them regardless
Bruh, please dont let "That Valley" phrase or your score cloud your intellectual thinking. People STILL play down to your level. Now those are FACTS.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

BCU only put up 14 points. The rest was two fumbles scoop and score and a pick 6. Same with TSU they put up 22 points on our defense before we took our starters out with 4 minutes left in the game. The score was 49-30 with 1 of their TDs on kickoff return. We pulled all of our starters except for maybe 2 on defense with 4 minutes left in the game. Don't be fooled and try to compare our scores as a measuring stick for your team. We are still better than you in all phases. Good luck the rest of your season.

hey guys BCU IS 7 -0 against the SWAC the last 8 years. if you schedule us we will beat you!

Its evident we played you too earlier. Dominated the game but had costly turnovers while driving to score. If we were to see you again I'm sure a 3 to 4 TD beatdown would be inevitable.

Back