BET COMEDY AWARDS

Kappalicious

KEEPER OF THE FLAME!!
First let me say that I applaud BET for stepping up in such a large way for our comedians. Most of them don't get that kind of love in any other forum.

Overall, I thought the show was pretty good. And even though many of the mega stars were not there in person, they did take the time to do nice classy tapes for the audience. A special shout out to Dave Chapelle...I saw a new side of him last night--first class.

Steve Harvey is incredible as a host!! And the tribute to the Wayans was really nice.

The timing was a little off at times with the prompter, but otherwise the show was very nice...and they left room to grow.

Paul Mooney gets the "Da Man" award for telling it like it is!! That was funny as hell!!

And while most of the curse words were muted out...there were still quite a few big ones that got out, especially near the end of the show. Yet the one thing that still puzzles me (and I notice the same thing on Chapelle) is how words like beyatch and dam, etc. are muted but the N-word can fly free all night long. I just wonder who makes that decision.

What did yall think?

:bump:

the show was OKAY, until Golden Brooks won her award and send that audience attention to her 'panty line".

The Wayans tribute was nice, so where the flashbacks. The cussing had me wondering what BET was trying to prove. But, yes the show left room for improvement.

It was ok.

What's that big mouth lady's name who had LL's shirt in her hand at the end? She was funny but too many MFs flew for TV.

The best part was LL COOL J! :D

J4J said:
It was ok.

What's that big mouth lady's name who had LL's shirt in her hand at the end? She was funny but too many MFs flew for TV.

Damm it...you mean to tell me I missed LL? :kaioken:

I forgot all about this show.

SU's Finest '93 said:
Damm it...you mean to tell me I missed LL? :kaioken:

I forgot all about this show.

I tried to call you, but I must have the wrong cell number in my phone. I got no answer.

Overall it wasn't bad. I was just glad to see some of our shows getting recognition. I was surprised to see the George Lopez show as a nominee.

And that dude Faison shouldn't have won for his role on Scrubs. Who watches that show? i know I don't. I would have given it to 'Jordan' from Bernic Mac or that big headed boy from My Wife and Kids.

Was it just me or did LL look 'different'? Fine, but different?

I enjoyed the Wayans tribute too. Wonder why they didn't mention where Shawn was last night? it was interesting they named everybody but him. They didn't even say "Shawn couldn't be here..."

I can see it getting better as time goes along.

dSWACizJSU said:
the "c**n" awards had me on the flo!
:saw: paul mooney is a mess.

I missed the show but I heard about Mooney & his "c**n awards". :lol:

Mad I missed LL :angry: , guess I'll try to catch one of the many repeats.

When Steve Harvey started talking about Richard Pryor, I was ready for them to bring him out on stage. When they said he couldn't be there, it was a big let down. If they would have brought him out, it would have been the perfect ending to the show.

Paul Mooney had me rolling on the floor with "Da c**n" Awards!! That dude is a trip.

Paul Mooney's humor is toooooooooooooooo over the top for main stream. He's been around for over thirty years. I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves.

Jag-Tig said:
Overall it wasn't bad. I was just glad to see some of our shows getting recognition. I was surprised to see the George Lopez show as a nominee.

Was it just me or did LL look 'different'? Fine, but different?

Have you watched the George Lopez show?? His show is actually funny! I can see why he got a nomination.

And LL did look different. I guess he's on a health kick! 'Cause he looks so much smaller, physical fit but smaller.

CriTAUcal said:
Have you watched the George Lopez show?? His show is actually funny! I can see why he got a nomination.

And LL did look different. I guess he's on a health kick! 'Cause he looks so much smaller, physical fit but smaller.

um word on the street is that LL has been gettin BOTOX TREATMENTS AND A TUMMY TUCK. :look: Which would explain why sometimes he looks like a little boy in the face. I personally would love to see someone like LL a little 'older' looking. I'm sure he'd look quite sexy and distinguised. With a face like his, wrinkles would only enhace it. I guess he feels like he has to keep up with the 'Young Bucks', pardon the pun.

amethyst08 said:
IMHO the parts of the show I saw were ghetto. :xeye:

Well, yeah...folks walking around and getting up while the camera is still on them...yeah. :| You know you don't see that on the 'other' shows...so there is definitely room for improvement. But ya gotta give 'em credit for the concept of recognizing our comedians.

Jag-Tig said:
um word on the street is that LL has been gettin BOTOX TREATMENTS AND A TUMMY TUCK. :look: Which would explain why sometimes he looks like a little boy in the face. I personally would love to see someone like LL a little 'older' looking. I'm sure he'd look quite sexy and distinguised. With a face like his, wrinkles would only enhace it. I guess he feels like he has to keep up with the 'Young Bucks', pardon the pun.

That's a rumor started by the White media. Black people don't age like White people.There are lot of Brotha's and sistah's in their 40's and even 50's that could pass for 30. They are just jealous of LL Cool J. He's a positive brotha. So they have they have to make up something on him. There are 2 sistah's here at work in their late 50's but they look as though they in their thirties.

J4J said:
It was ok.

Cheryl Underwood is her name - her mouth can be a bit foul at times...

Back