BET College Hill "Celebrity" Edition: Texas Southern

Storm96

BET Announces Revival of Hit Reality Series “COLLEGE HILL: CELEBRITY EDITION” Featuring Celebrities Who Will Hit the Yard as Students at Texas Southern University

NENE LEAKES, RAY J, LAMAR ODOM, BIG FREEDIA, STACEY DASH, DREAMDOLL, INDIA LOVE, SLIM THUG WILL JOIN THE REIMAGINED NEW SEASON TO PURSUE DREAMS OF HIGHER EDUCATION

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BET goes back to school to revive the nostalgic reality series “COLLEGE HILL: CELEBRITY EDITION.” In the reimagined new season, celebrities will live together and join the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Texas Southern University as students. Nene Leakes, Ray J, Lamar Odom, Big Freedia, Stacey Dash, DreamDoll, India Love, and Slim Thug will head back to class to expand their educational horizons. Premiering Summer 2022, the 8-episode series will explore college life through a celebrity lens while showcasing the unique cultural and academic experience of HBCUs. Despite their respective fame and notoriety, each cast member is committed to focusing on their higher education as a personal challenge to prove it’s never too late. Enrolled alongside current Texas Southern University students, the cast will work towards completing a specialty certificate program to cross the graduation stage. Though to triumph, like any ordinary college student, they must complete their course work along with required internships, extra credit opportunities, group projects, and more. Who will take the lead on group projects? Who will pull an all-nighter.

“We’re excited ‘COLLEGE HILL’ will be returning with a new celebrity edition of the franchise that will bring more awareness to the significance of HBCUs, which has a rich legacy and continued tradition of bolstering excellence through education for some of the brightest minds in the Black community,” said Tiffany Lea Williams, Executive Vice President of BET Unscripted Programming. “Furthermore, we couldn’t be more thrilled about filming on the campus of the illustrious Texas Southern University. We’re proud to be a part of this personal journey as the cast proves to themselves and the world that they’re up to the challenge of enriching their lives through education.”

So I wasn’t tripping when a week or two ago I saw a couple of dudes that looked like Ray-J and Lamar Odom. 😮

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Welp looks like we're close to this show airing. From the commercials, it looks like it will be a complete mess like Love & Hip Hop.

Its BET. Ofcourse it's going to be a trainwreck. Im surprised any hbcu would sign up for this to be honest. If the original College Hill used real students and storylines but got pushback, imagine how this bastardization of hbcu culture will go over.

Its BET. Ofcourse it's going to be a trainwreck. Im surprised any hbcu would sign up for this to be honest. If the original College Hill used real students and storylines but got pushback, imagine how this bastardization of hbcu culture will go over.

once they moved it off campus after season one it changed drastically - kids turned into commuter students but schools didn't want that liability after that also

once they moved it off campus after season one it changed drastically - kids turned into commuter students but schools didn't want that liability after that also
I honestly liked all of seasons before they did the South Beach one. Virginia State & Atlanta were my favorites. I remember the first two seasons but not enough to put them at the top of my list. Wish there was a way to watch them.

Will probably check this celeb season once they put all of the episodes up on BET+.

Well I decided to go ahead and get BET+ to check this out. Halfway through the season and I'm disappointed. The editing for this show is all over the place and the angles they take for certain celebs seem awkward. Outside of a few classes, you really don't see the celebs doing anything on Texas Southern campus.

Welp Looks like College Hill Celebrity Edition is coming back for a second season. This time they're using Alabama State

List of Celebs:
Amber Rose
Joseline Hernandez
Tiffany "New York" Pollard
Parker McKenna Posey
Iman Shumpert
Kwaylon "BlameItOnKway" Rogers
O'Ryan Browner
RAY J (also did season 1 at Texas Southern)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back