Best "situational" in-the-stand song of all time.

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
What songs did you play in the stands or do you remember hearing that would go down as the best of all time?? The #1 song to play in the stands, especially after a dramatc victory, which crosses HBCU and PWC lines, has got to be "We are the Champions" by Queen. That Return of the Jed theme song is a classic also.

Yeap!

Originally posted by rev t
Olympic Fanfare is one of my all-time favorite songs!!!:)
I was trying to think of that one. Also, those sports show (ESPN, etc) theme songs.
Another recent classic was that song with the main hitch "down for my ni--az/die for my ni man f dem other" (??? by C-Murder??) I forget the name/artist. Also that one "move ___ get out da way".

i like when SU used ta play that Lenny Kravitz son "it Ain't Ova Til It's Ova" when they were coming back late in the game

Originally posted by Rollin Thunda
i like when SU used ta play that Lenny Kravitz son "it Ain't Ova Til It's Ova" when they were coming back late in the game
yeah, I always wondered what the name of that cut was and who did it! Good one!

Originally posted by Rollin Thunda

I don't think they'll be passing that one out this year. :D

Originally posted by Bartram
What songs did you play in the stands or do you remember hearing that would go down as the best of all time?? The #1 song to play in the stands, especially after a dramatc victory, which crosses HBCU and PWC lines, has got to be "We are the Champions" by Queen. That Return of the Jed theme song is a classic also.

I have heard very few decent arrangements of We Are the Champions. 99% of the bands just play the chorus. The tune deserves better.

I think the best tune that I have every heard crossing all of the lines is the Theme From Shaft. Isaac Hayes gave a little something for everyone to like.

Number 1. on my list...Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye!!!
Number 2. ...."You Can Hate Me Now"
Number 3. ... Do What You Wanna
Number 4. ... Fanfare No. 2 (after a sack):D

My all-time favorite is Imperial March-S.U.
2. Take you there-Bama State
3. Sport Center theme(not espn theme)-Bama State
4. A 5th of Bethoven(spelling)-S.U.
5. Hopeless(as a penny with a hole in it)-Bama State
6. Gangsta B.... S.U.

C.H.I.P.S

I thought the theme from C.H.I.P.S was a classic, but it never caught on.
Almost anything that EWF put out was instant classic.
We will rock you after a devastating hit was big in high school!! LOL!
FAMU's intro is classic.

Back