Best group to ever split up and then it's individual members flop.

D-NICE said:
I forgot ol boy's name, but dude that left Cameo, because he felt the group was holding him back. He sang lead on "Sparkle". Needless to say, his career never went anywhere.

You're talking about Charlie Singleton.

Shalamar. Howard Hewitt had moderate success, Jody Watley had a couple of hits, and Jeffrey Daniels...:retard: They never lived up to Shalamar.

Tony Toni Tone needs to stop bull$#!+ting and get back together. House of Music was off the chain. Lucy Pearl :fart: Instant Vintage :fart: Dwayne Wiggins, Eyes Never Lie :fart: Truthfully, there's a lot of good music in those three albums; but Lucy Pearl had too many issues, Instant Vintage wasn't commercial enough, and Dwayne Wiggins was poorly marketed.

What was the name of the group Big Bub was in? Was it Today? I used to like them.

NASTYNUPE said:
What was the name of the group Big Bub was in? Was it Today? I used to like them.

Soul vocalist Lee Drakeford led the New Jersey quartet Today through several Top Five R&B hits during the late '80s. After the group split in the early '90s, Drakeford began a successful solo career recording as Big Bub. His debut album, Comin' at Cha, earned Top 40 entries for the singles "I Don't Mind" and "Tellin' Me Stories," and Drakeford began producing and working on sessions as a background vocalist. He later signed to the nu classic soul label Kedar Entertainment, also the home of Erykah Badu. His sophomore album Timeless also did well on the R&B charts. His third release The TakeOver appeared in 2000.

The beastie boys, Onyx(did I mention them already?), Blackmoon(was "Sticky Fingaz" part of Blackmoon, Onyx orrrr??? :confused: which ever,, this guy just straight-up SUCKED on his solo effort. I was so disappointed. :smh: ) and 3rd Base.

Oooh, forgot about Hi-Five. But didn't they start having issues before they broke up? Wasn't one of them hurt really bad in a car crash?

Does Shalimar count? Was Jody solo before Shalimar? And Howard Hewitt, well...what can you say? ooops...sorry...I just saw Shalimar posted up there.

Back