Best Baton Rouge Area High School Band in 2002?

Who do you think was the best bato

• Southern Lab

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baker

• Scottlandville

• McKinley

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Pointe Coupe Central

• Clinton

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Glen Oaks

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Port Allen

• Istrouma

• Plaquemine

• Capital

• West Feliciana

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

su_tubaplayboi

Sup yo? who ya'll think was the best band in the baton rouge area for 2002? I think:
1.Southern Lab
2.Baker
3.Scottlandville
4.McKinley
5.Pointe Coupe Central
6.Clinton
7.Glen Oaks
8.Port Allen :flamethro
9.Istrouma
10.Plaquemine
11.Capital
12.West Feleciana

YO....holla back and let me know who you think was the best baton rouge area high school band!

From what I've seen....

Being from Baton Rouge and a 2001 graduate of Scotlandville Magnet High School, I would say the rankings would be:

1) McKinley
2) Baker
3) Glen Oaks
4) Clinton
5) Southern Lab
6) Scotlandville

*BTW - when I went to SMHS, we didn't have a marching band. They started performing during the Fall of '02*

last year baker was much better to me. They had more sound to them last year. Baker had a white lesbian band director and she left and than a black male director took over and band has change 100%.

Glen Oaks
West Feliciana, dey kool, dey jus need sum real uniform an get rid of dem blue windsuits

Hey, LIL JAG, that was a very immature and inappropriate comment about Baker High's former band director, Ms. Heard. She exemplified passion to her teaching and her students. If you want your personal business displayed on the internet, then FINE. But, don't volunteer someone elses, and that's real.

yea i agree with you...the all-star band is good...but they should let kids participate in east baton rouge and surrounding parishes also...because a lot kids from my former high school in west baton rouge parish went to baker and they were turned down...i really dont think that its right...so i strongly think that something should be done about this...

For SU alum or who ever can answer this question. What high school band does the ex pic player that marched from 94 to 97 in Su's band, direct in Baton Rouge. I think they are court style. Holla at me.

Originally posted by ScreaminDmn94
For SU alum or who ever can answer this question. What high school band does the ex pic player that marched from 94 to 97 in Su's band, direct in Baton Rouge. I think they are court style. Holla at me.

Its Corp style and he's at Istrouma High

Originally posted by ScreaminDmn94

Its Corp style and he's at Istrouma High

Back