2.AAMU
3.SU
4.TXSU
5.ASU
6.UAPB
7.PV
8.GSU
9.MVSU

:shame: :shame: AAMU is good and I can respect your opinion about JSU but how can u be the #2 or #3 if your field shows suck????

I'll say it again
1. SU
2. JSU
3. UAPB
4. P.V.
5. TxSU/AAMU

I based my ratings off of fieldshow, sound, book, and originality

WITH ALL POINTS TAKEN....THIS IS BASED ON WHAT I SAW IN FIELD SHOWS , STANDS AND MOST OF ALL FIFTH QUARTER AND THE RESULTS ARE....

1. JSU SONIC BOOM
2. SU JUKEBOX
3. TIE BETWEEN UAPB AND AAMU
5. BAMA ST
6.TXSU
7. GSU
8. ALCORN
CANT SAY BOUT PV AND MVSU HAVENT SEEN THEM

first of all, we all know that the season is over, but what was fought for the whole season was the overall pride to say that an individual's band was #1! so we dont have to reinerate that any further.

secondly, people, please keep in mind that there is a fine line between biased and ludacrous. okay, now that that has been said, please, be reasonable when u are posting cuz we all know that GSU is not over UAPB. so before anyone else posts any more ness like that i just wanna get that established.

finally, please dont make any excuses! woodwind angel, we understand that u all had a lot of internal problems this year that may have had done made a significant change in how many people u all have in your band. but believe me, we (uapb) have had some SERIOUS internal problems this semester as well, which will go nameless. but nonetheless, our program went on and we didnt let it affect the way we performed and we did not use it as an excuse to be sorry. as a result people still have high opinions about us without knowing about the chaos that occured internally! GSU hasnt had a quality band since the early 90's. u all are living off the reputation of your predecessors these days. had it not been for them, nobdody would have never even heard of u guys!

this is my unbiased opinion:

1. AAMU (they sounded unbelievable this year)

2. UAPB (definitely on the rise with greater improvements each year)

3. SU (saw that field show they did against us this year about 300 times. but they sound better than ever!)

4. JSU (very disappointed this year with the way they sounded and performed on the field. they werent bad, just wasnt the JSU i have come to know.)

5. BAMA ST (they have caught a lot of heat from all the bands over the years but they have made a lot of improvements from when i first saw them in 99. keep improving fellas!)

Thank you freak nasty about the early 90's comment, some of them still don't get it. They act as if they were a part of that time period when they were clearly not. It is a BIG difference from now to then. All I can say is better luck next year and take time out to practice more, do your number 1 priority first which is school and then your horn.

Practice does not make you perfect, practice makes you better. Don't worry when your band is on point, no one will have anything to say.

Oh, I am not voting on this, man it is the Spring Sem, chill out with all of that, its over said and done and all of that. Everyone did their thing, lets move on to the next season, Fall 03.

Good luck to all of the upperclassmen that will have to deal with all of the "DRUM LINE CRABS or Devon's types" that will be joining your band in the FAll.

Expect to see a lot of momma's, lol, because their child's excuse will be "it didn't happen like this on DRUMLINE?"

Welcome to REAL WORLD 101.

[

1. AAMU (they sounded unbelievable this year) The Lies you tell, they were loud and very unbalance, can you say b tones and mellophones only.

you can't be number 1 without a good field show and book. tell them to take some of those easy key written songs and make a music selection.:idea:

Freak Nasty you have issues. I just listen to the UAPB game and JSU game on tape last night. JSU blew the mess of you UAPB. The music selections and arrangements were excellent.

Originally posted by tbonenupe
Freak Nasty you have issues. I just listen to the UAPB game and JSU game on tape last night. JSU blew the mess of you UAPB. The music selections and arrangements were excellent.

yeah ok.. :rolleyes: dude, j-state was sounding very ummm...mediocre to me. now dont get me wrong, i have always respected you all's program. uapb wasnt that great that game neither but you all being the JSU i am used to seeing ahd hearing should have blown us outta the water and i didnt see it happening. this is once again my unbiased opinion.

Originally posted by 1995mobb
[

1. AAMU (they sounded unbelievable this year) The Lies you tell, they were loud and very unbalance, can you say b tones and mellophones only.

you can't be number 1 without a good field show and book. tell them to take some of those easy key written songs and make a music selection.:idea:

maybe that was when they played yall, but when they played us they were very balanced and i was very impressed and i honestly have to say if we took an "L" this season we took it to AAMU. their field show wasnt bad to me neither. i only give credit where i feel it is due.

Well as you can see I don't have to make excuses. Just look at the Honda BOTB. No band was just amazing this year. I didn't know a whole lot about the bands but I was highly disappointed with every band due to all of the great things I heard about each band. No band was perfect and my biggest disappointment was JSU because I expected them to be a whole lot better. Every band has a bad season but you overcome that. SU has never been in my top 5 due to the fact that anyone can pick up a horn and blow as loud as possible. Then you end up making a certain thing I like to call noise. JSU was very musical, but not as good as I expected. UAPB was the best sounding band all season. I was not impressed by neither Alabama band. I'm not making excusses, I'm just stating facts. Everyone downed GSU, but no one really ever talked about the other bands other than Miss. Valley which didn't really count in the first place.

Originally posted by woodwindangel
Well as you can see I don't have to make excuses. Just look at the Honda BOTB. No band was just amazing this year. I didn't know a whole lot about the bands but I was highly disappointed with every band due to all of the great things I heard about each band. No band was perfect and my biggest disappointment was JSU because I expected them to be a whole lot better. Every band has a bad season but you overcome that. SU has never been in my top 5 due to the fact that anyone can pick up a horn and blow as loud as possible. Then you end up making a certain thing I like to call noise. JSU was very musical, but not as good as I expected. UAPB was the best sounding band all season. I was not impressed by neither Alabama band. I'm not making excusses, I'm just stating facts. Everyone downed GSU, but no one really ever talked about the other bands other than Miss. Valley which didn't really count in the first place.
:lol: ...you must be drinking stupidity out of a can.

Originally posted by tbonenupe

where can i get a copy of jsu vs uapb tape. 02

I'm not going to state an opinion on this matter because Ihaven't seen all the bands listed. But I did want to know if anybody from J-State could let me know if they were making the trip to houston for the TxSU game next fall???

Back