Best African-American TV movie EVER?

xugrad92

WWW Crooner
Yeah, I'm back, again! So nice, I hadda do it "twice"! The last movie post just dealt with theatrical releases. This one is for all the folks who enjoy the small screen. Check out the African-American -->TV movie poll. <-- :look:

There's a bunch of choices from the HBO franchise to Arabesque. Post your results and why you chose 'em! :ebrow:

Holla!

Ain't nobody got luv for "The Tuskeegee Airmen",...."A Lesson Before Dying",...."The Temps"? This ain't the other poll I posted. :)

I don't think this movie was on the movie polls, but the movie MOTIVES is really good. Starring Vivica Fox and Shamar Moore.

Roots, in a runaway. That movie made America sit still for an entire week, and watch Alex Haley's ancestor's go from Africa, to the middle passage, to the family being split up, to the slave blocks, to slavery, lost of name, to kids, and grand-kids being born, to them starting their own family, to the KKK. IMO still the most powerful movie ever made for network television.

Runner Ups:

Shaka Zulu
Laurel Avenue
Sounder
Sophisticated Gents
Introducing Miss Dorothy Dandridge
King

NICE

I think I will have to say Roots as well. I will check the list more carefully later.

I must saying:

Mississippi Burning (Whew :kaioken: )

Rosewood ( :redhot: )

All time favorite....Color Purple (I can watch that all day everday).

Man, that reminded me of some movies I'd forgotten. I may have to get that list for DVD buys ;)

Best African - American TV movies, or movies in general? Many of these listed, i.e., The Color Purple, Rosewood, Mississippi Burning, were major motion pictures released in theaters.

A TV movie, miniseries, etc, would be Roots, Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman, Women of Brewster Place...and other such movies made for television.

That is all.

AAMU Alum said:
Best African - American TV movies, or movies in general? Many of these listed, i.e., The Color Purple, Rosewood, Mississippi Burning, were major motion pictures released in theaters.

A TV movie, miniseries, etc, would be Roots, Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman, Women of Brewster Place...and other such movies made for television.

That is all.

I'm a lil "corn-fused". :dizzy: If you follow the link in the first post in this thread (http://www.silkysoul.com/soultvmovies), it should lead to the TV movie poll....complete with all the TV movies you mentioned.

Carry on..... :read:

Delta757 said:
I don't think this movie was on the movie polls, but the movie MOTIVES is really good. Starring Vivica Fox and Shamar Moore.

i saw this movie on starz monday night.....i liked the movie 2 and disregarding those teeth....shamar was sexy as "L". i enjoyed the movie. :tup:

Delta757 said:

Not exactly sure where to put those straight-to-video movies. They aren't theater releases, but they're rated by the MPAA. :xeye: I'll take your (and dSWACizJSU's) suggestion into consideration. :dude:

Back