"Being Bobby Brown"???????

I agree Crit" I think the show is funny as L, Bart lighten up if you don't like it turn the channel it's simple.

I tried to give the show a chance, but I can't stomach it anymore. I think I watched 5 mins of the most recent episode and then changed the channel. They are made for each other.

More Bobby and his kids...less Whitney. She is becoming very annoying. It was cool seeing him interact with his father and brother on the camping trip. But here comes old cracked out Whitney and her drama. I believe she drives him to drink sometimes...

CriTAUcal said:
It's just reality TV. It's no more crazy than the rest of the stuff that comes on TV.

I know it's the summer and all and kids are not in school, but this show comes on at 10 p.m. ET on cable TV. It's not like this is a prime time TV show that comes on ABC.

In my personal opinion, this show actually puts Bobby Brown in a better light than always seeing him in the newspaper or on the news for some of the bad things he's been accused of doing. This show... so far... has shown a human side of Bobby.... Now Whitney? That's a different story....

So does this mean you sanction this show and/or have no problem with it whatsoever?

Bartram said:
So does this mean you sanction this show and/or have no problem with it whatsoever?

As someone who has worked in media and public relations, I think the show was a smart move on Bobby's behalf to improve his image. So far, this show has in no way made Bobby look bad; It's highlights the human element, which is what tends to get (and even maintain) the attention of an audience. I can't say that this is making Whitney look good, BUT this isn't her show anyway and I'm sure she could care less.

So, no, I don't have a problem with the show... so far.

CriTAUcal said:
As someone who has worked in media and public relations, I think the show was a smart move on Bobby's behalf to improve his image. So far, this show has in no way made Bobby look bad; It's highlights the human element, which is what tends to get (and even maintain) the attention of an audience. I can't say that this is making Whitney look good, BUT this isn't her show anyway and I'm sure she could care less.

Would you have a problem with a show lampooning black life of the type Bobby Brown leads?

Bartram said:
Would you have a problem with a show lampooning black life of the type Bobby Brown leads?

No, because Bobby Brown's lifestyle doesn't speak for the Black America household.
I think we all understand that this is the life of Bobby Brown, and he's a celebrity who has been in and out of national news for years now. His life is definitely not like your "Average Black Joe."

CriTAUcal said:
No, because Bobby Brown's lifestyle doesn't speak for the Black America household.
I think we all understand that this is the life of Bobby Brown, and he's a celebrity who has been in and out of national news for years now. His life is definitely not like your "Average Black Joe."

I couldn't have said it any better ( well maybe I could've). You can't compare what one black person does to his entire race. The show is very entertaining to me.

CriTAUcal said:

I agree. Bobby looks human, while Whiteny looks desparately WACK.

:lol: @ Bobby stomach hurting. Whitney still talking about Beyonce and Jay-Z. :lol:

Bartram said:

You got to give people more credit. I think the majority of people are smart enough to know that this is just Bobby Brown. It is kind of like how some people thought the the Martin Show was buffoonery. I still think that show is hilarious to this day.

An awful show. What's up with that tight knitted shirt that Whitney wears with her tummy showing? Even the dog looks GHETTO.

Whitney has a beautiful voice. I hope they both get themselves together and start singing again.

Back