BCU & FAMU expectations?

Please go back and listen to the "Crowd Control" it will put everything in perspective! Don't even discuss the Boom Marching out of the Stadium.
BCU Fans were like; UNBELIEVABLE, they are really the "QUINTESSENCE OF SOUND AND MANEUVERS". Corvette vs. Lamborghini. Both are awesome automobiles but one of them is in a class of it's on and very appealing to the eye!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Please go back and listen to the "Crowd Control" it will put everything in perspective! Don't even discuss the Boom Marching out of the Stadium.
BCU Fans were like; UNBELIEVABLE, they are really the "QUINTESSENCE OF SOUND AND MANEUVERS". Corvette vs. Lamborghini. Both are awesome automobiles but one of them is in a class of it's on and very appealing to the eye!
The beauty of cars is that no matter how fast it goes its value is based on the driver. A Prius can smash either one if the other driver screws up. In this case Cookman was the lambo that popped a tire on the final stretch and JSU made it a photo finish.

What is this crowd control? Do you mean mind control the song BCU played in the 5th?

Back on subject, BCU will be just fine against current Swac bands. Idk why folks only want to run to the 2019 meac swac game.

JSU outplayed Cookman. Almost everyone out plays Cookman but doesn't sound "better" than Cookman. And yes..Cookman would benefit in the stands from more music to go with that awesome sound.

I mean it's just marching band at the end of the day but Cookman has everyone beat on tonal center, overall tone quality, phrasing, balance, attacks...clarity. JSU sounds like a huge, very VERY loud stage jazz big band. JSU as a marching band gives all this color, nuance, diversity of what they play, etc. Yeah, their fans like another band can be really REALLY unnecessarily disrespectful though. Making it seem like Cookman is trash or not THAT good...come on now

Not good how? I understand your opinion but I disagree.
They had a couple slip ups. From what I understand BCU doesn’t have many of those. That was my first time seeing them in person. They sound good as hell. Just a couple slip ups.

These days of the 100 ain't coming back. It's been a group chat battle between my friends who marched in the 100 vs SWAC folks the last two days. Man when I tell you they're delusional it's crazy. 😂 I love the 100 of the old days. Actually I love all old skool bands. We were just different. Sometimes I listen to you younger folks, but most time I don't . 😂 The Tnsu vs Famu game in Nashville was on another level that year. We had a ball.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0gI0L3O0mfI

Correction Please; No one said that BCU was TRASH!!!
We were open for discussion and commenting on JSU VS. BCU halftime performance.
BCU has a very Advanced Program but in conclusion let the fans decided on what is appealing to them.
Who has a larger fan base? No Comment!!!!!
If my Soliders are available; can you please post some clips so they will understand.

JSU and BCU are arguably the most conservative and disciplined HBCU marching bands. They are the best. JSU is more entertaining, not saying BCU isn't. That's it in a nutshell.

Last edited:
“I’ve seen Jackson State over the last 30 years, and I’ve been impressed with them every time I’ve seen them,” said Donovan Wells, director of bands at Bethune-Cookman. “They have a unique style that’s different from ours, and it should be. We have a style that’s different from theirs, and it should be. But it’s both entertaining. I was pleased with both bands today, and I think the crowd was too. You got your money’s worth today. Football and band, everybody got their money’s worth.”

Dowell Taylor, an assistant professor of music at Jackson State, echoed those sentiments about Bethune-Cookman’s band program earlier in the week, sharing mutual respect for the program that Wells is leading at B-C.

“We have a lot of respect for Bethune-Cookman’s program,” Taylor said. “They’ve been consistently producing a fine program. They’re one of the best marching aggregates around the country, and we’re really excited just to share our different styles to the nation. We have nothing but respect for Bethune-Cookman.”

And for the bands to remain two of the best, the work for the pregame show, entertainment during the game and halftime, all the way to the bands duking it out during the 5th Quarter, started weeks before the big game.

Bands put on great show all game long at MEAC/SWAC Challenge (theundefeated.com)

These days of the 100 ain't coming back. It's been a group chat battle between my friends who marched in the 100 vs SWAC folks the last two days. Man when I tell you they're delusional it's crazy. 😂 I love the 100 of the old days. Actually I love all old skool bands. We were just different. Sometimes I listen to you younger folks, but most time I don't . 😂 The Tnsu vs Famu game in Nashville was on another level that year. We had a ball.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0gI0L3O0mfI
Was that a male on the flags?

JSU and BCU are arguably the most conservative and disciplined HBCU bands marching bands. They are the best. JSU is more entertaining, not saying BCU isn't. That's it in a nutshell.
I cannot say that on that field. I WILL say...and likely not get a bunch of people to admit it that for the last 5yrs JSU has been the most diverse in book, consistent in sound and better drilling (diverse drilling) and Cookman has been consistent at what they do. I could see them edging JSU on the field as a crowd pleaser like...it would be great on field rivalry. Stands...JSU outplays Cookman. Everyone does. No one "outsounds" them. I see AAMU, JSU, and TnSU competing with them on different arrangements for total sounds. I cannot name a band that has outplayed JSU in the last 5yrs in my honest opinion.

Was that a male on the flags?
Yes. Up until the 2000's FAMU flags were all male. Those dudes got more puddin than frats. They were known for stepping and precision. The young generation wanted women on the team. Changed the game. They were highly respected. Not a bunch of funny bunnies like it would be today. 😂

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Cmon man the funny bunny stuff is unnecessary. Let's see ALL black people win.
It wasn't a knock on gay people. Just explaining to the young man. I'm sorry I'm from the generation where we kept it real. I wasn't raised to sugar coat real life. Being a flag boy at FAMU wasn't considered a gay thing like it would be in 2021. That's just the truth. It was about drill and precision. In today's world it would be looked upon as being gay. No other way to say that.

Okay. But New Orleans has men on rifles and some flags and it's only considered color guard...not anything personal beyond the performing.

Back