Bayou Classic 2001

Nashville

Hello to all! This year will be my first Bayou Classic and I was wondering is there a website I can go to or information that someone can put me on to as to where the "HAPS" will be?

i.e., parties:cool: concerts:D you know the whole 9!

Nashville

Nashville, though I don't know of any one special party, or concert, there will certainly be plenty to choose from. Everything in The CBD (Downtown New Orleans) will be crunk!! There is a wide variety of things to do, and if you don't want to spend money, just walk up, and down Bourbon Street.

The Battle Of The Bands/Greek Show is Friday night in the Superdome, the tickets are usually between $10-$15, and it's starts somewhere around 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM.

If you want to meet some of the SP'ers, we will probably gather at Pat O'Brien's (Bourbon Street) again, somewhere around 11:00 - Midnight, get your drink, and shat talk on.

Saturday after the game, BgJag will have something at his house, I'm sure he post the details, and directions, in the upcoming weeks.

NICE

Good Looking out!

Preciate the info! Mmmm Pat O'briens, I guess I will have to look for that one. :idea:

However, i found out that Bilal will be at the House of Blues on friday night which should be cool. ( I mean, a sista is really feelin dude):teleport:

Other than that I figure Bourbon Street would be a given. However, I am always looking to party with such urbanprofessionals as myself. :) So hope to see you there! But keep me posted!

My advice to you would be, if you're planning on going to The HOB, have someone from New Orleans get you a ticket now, and if you're lucky to get a ticket, get there early.

The HOB is usually packed for a concert, it's standing room only, a lot of herb in the air (if you know what I mean), and it's cramped as 'L'. Wear some comfortable footwear, and if you have junk in your trunk, be prepared for a lot of dudes pulling up to your bumper.

NICE

"hold up-WAIT!"

Standing room only? I mean, what if I purchase the tickets via ticketmaster? I mean, thats cool "standing room only" and stuff but if I buy the ticketmaster ticket will I get in fa-sho? Are you saying that there are no tables and stuff? Give me the low down on this piece because I would hate to buy tickets, and not beable to get in?

In the area of The HOB, where the concerts, and parties are held, there isn't any seating, except for VIP, and you're lucky to get into the VIP section, you'll be treated to a bench.

However there are about 15 bar stools upstairs, so if you're in that lucky first 15, you can have one, other than that, you're standing, shoulder to shoulder, back to stomach, the entire time you're there.

Yes, you will be able to get in if you have a ticket, but again, it's standing room only, so if you're late getting there, you will be in the back of the spot, which is not big, but that's where all of the people trying to go back, and forth of each side of the club will be, which will mean you won't see the show you paid for.

Good Luck.

NICE

We will be getting together somewhere around 11:00 PM - Midnight. The reason it's so late, is because some of the SP'ers go to the Battle Of The Bands, or they're getting in late Friday night.

Since the game starts at 1:00 it would be a hassle getting together before the game, because of traffic, and there's no place to meet, and talk shat before the game.

Also, Bg Jag throws an aftergame party at his house, so if you can't make it Friday night, you can hook up Saturday.

He'll probably post details tomorrow, or some time next week.

Oh, Nashville, I'm not sure, but I don't think you can purchase HOB concert tickets from Ticketmaster, I know they usually sell there tickets thru their box office, or thru their website.

NICE

Originally posted by D-NICE

Also, Bg Jag throws an aftergame party at his house, so if you can't make it Friday night, you can hook up Saturday.

Will post detail on Monday after I return from the weekend. Karr plays St Thomas More in Lafayette on Friday and then to Baton Rouge friday night for the SU game and to the dome on Sunday.

Back