Battle of the Bands Mobile Overview

t-bonenupe

I am just getting in from the Battle of the Band in Mobile. I am trying to settle down. This was an awesome Battle of the Bands. FAMU field show was hot. JSU sound is hot. You all missed it, JSU and FAMU battled after the battle of the bands. JSU went on last. When JSU started coming off the field, FAMU started playing. So you know JSU went right up into the stands and guess what........? unleased hell onto FAMU. Can I say it has been a crunk evening in Mobile. Miles I will apoligize on behalf of FAMU and JSU for not letting you particpate in the battle. This was a battle between the top dogs of black college bands. This was an excellent night of showmanship form both bands.

One more thing, J-Settes are on fire. They have the perfect bodies. These ladies of six packs. This was round one. It is going to be ugly in Indy. It is hard to battle in the RCA Dome though.

You need to go ahead and have my tape ready next time I'm in town. Matter of fact, I'll be in Memphis this weekend.

Still mad as hell at Wesley for making us go to the botb in tennessee this weekend. I wanted to be at the crib so bad for this year. You see what I be talkin' about tbonenupe?

Carl, you mean it went down like that?

Who else was in attendance? I bet if "FAM" and "The Boom"

was bringing that heat like you say, I can imagine, that no one

else even wanted to play for fear of being attacked and

embarrased.

Holla at me Carl.

I'm still shocked about what happened last night. This was one people will be talking about for a while. FAMU had the nerve to play while JSU was leaving the field. But JSU showed them that they are not to be messed with like they did Bama State. Poor Miles they just looked on as if they were a high school. JSU is really bringing it. The trumpets are doing there thang and the low brass are taking no prisoners. I was sitting with a lot of Marching hornets and of course they were saying JSU was not blowing which was the biggest lie I heard since Gov. Riley said he wasn't raising taxes. Bama State got thrashed by Bethune Cookman Saturday night and one of the marching hornets I was sitting with agreed. But that's another topic .

You all just better be ready when SU coe back around and unload the FUNK!!!!!!!!

aint nothing funky about SU, especially that two tone trash can you call a percussion section.

i think STANK is a better word.

Originally posted by royboy
aint nothing funky about SU, especially that two tone trash can you call a percussion section.

i think STANK is a better word.

Yeah J-Stank is a better word for you all....

You will see when you all get DROVE October 18!!!!!!!

You feel nothing but the FUNK!!!!!!!

In my opinion, FAMU put a waxin on jaxon. Both bands sounded real good. I can never understand what the hell FAM is playin, but they were bringin it.(sounds crazy, huh) Jaxon was blowin on Mrs. Jones though. To me, Jax's low brass just couldn't quite get the sound out there like they used to. They had more sound last year when they seemed to have a smaller size. OH, Miles, The Purple Copy Machine was aight. They did ok given their drummajors marched like Jax, their flag girls put thier flags down then marched like the J-settes, and the trombone player that did the dancin while the band was coming off of the field..this dude went to the back of the band and litteraly(spelling) threw his horn on the ground. He either has a lot of money, or he didn't buy that horn himself.

I want to say what's up to my homeboy "Corn dog". I wanted to come to Jax when y'all play Bama State, but my brother is getting married that day. So I'll try and make it for the SU game.

I'm not a biased person. now that i've gotten that out of the way, I heard Bama State got it put up their a** with no vaseline. I couldn't make it to the game and that's what i heard. UHM-UHM-UHM:smh:

You have lost your mind. This years version of the Boom is awesome. You went to Alabama State so how do you know what a good band is anyway. LOL!!!

Originally posted by jutycus

I want to say what's up to my homeboy "Corn dog". I wanted to come to Jax when y'all play Bama State, but my brother is getting married that day. So I'll try and make it for the SU game.
ni99a, where you been?

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
ni99a, where you been?

Wha'ts up cuz? I've just been chillin, riding my motorcycle until I wrecked it. What have you been up to? Are you still in H-Town? Holla @ me.

Originally posted by brainwashed tbonenupe
You have lost your mind. This years version of the Boom is awesome. You went to Alabama State so how do you know what a good band is anyway. LOL!!!

At least I admit when Bama State isn't on top of their s**t. You known damn well Jax is not like they were last year. I heard that wasn't the whole band. Is that true? I heard they have more players than instraments and they have to wait for them the instraments come in. That's just what I heard. Any way, are you coming to my brother's wedding? Holla.

I heard JSU Saturday at the A&T game. Anybody that says that they 2002 is better than 2003 soundwise needs to give me some of what they are smoking. That must be some goooooood ****.:D

I am sorry I will not be able to make it to the wedding. I am taking a bus load of students to high school day for the JSU/Bama State game. I told him not to get married doing football season.

Originally posted by tbonenupe
I am sorry I will not be able to make it to the wedding. I am taking a bus load of students to high school day for the JSU/Bama State game. I told him not to get married doing football season.

I think his ole lady set that up. I was planning on going to that game too...Shoot!!!!

Back