Baton Rouge All-Star Band rapes Smiley

aj504

Baton Rouge All-Star Band rapes Smiley HS at their own battle of the bands on MLK day.

The All-Star Band Crunk up the AstroDome in Houston and came in 1st place at the battle of the bands and blew everyone out of the dome with SU's version of Under Pressure.

Then they raped Smiley outside of the dome.

Good job Baton Rouge, and Houston want New Orleans Bands, c'mon bra think again. :smash:

I wouldn't say they raped them but that was the best "high school" band I have seen in a while. Smiley is the loudest high school band outside of New Orleans. Baton Rouge just repped with the overall sound and technicality. I heard every part loud and clear. Just think if SU marched with 160. :eek:

No, I am not saying they are as powerfull as SU. Never that.

BR, Smiley and Central need to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

aj504,
Were you one of the BR directors?

Originally posted by DrummerPSI
Let the lies begin!

Com on, bruh. You know BR repped to the fullest!! They might not have had the Limos or quite the volume of Smiley, but that was a band that could compete in at least the MEAC. They were a complete band all around.

Originally posted by DrummerPSI
Let the lies begin!

I was thinkin and waitin on the same thing. Not saying BR was bad by any means but the house they recieved was rather inflated. WM was more of a shocker when it came to sound(size to power ratio), Clinton had better execution of fundamentals and Central had a better drill IMO as far as the SU mimicking schools. It seemed as if the BR supporters were ready to cheer even if the band marched str8 across the field and right out the other endzone.

For people saying Smiley had no sound for a band that size, I woud have expected alot more criticizm of an ALL STAR BAND from BATON ROUGE.

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE

I was thinkin and waitin on the same thing. Not saying BR was bad by any means but the house they recieved was rather inflated. WM was more of a shocker when it came to sound(size to power ratio), Clinton had better execution of fundamentals and Central had a better drill IMO as far as the SU mimicking schools. It seemed as if the BR supporters were ready to cheer even if the band marched str8 across the field and right out the other endzone.

For people saying Smiley had no sound for a band that size, I woud have expected alot more criticizm of an ALL STAR BAND from BATON ROUGE.

Dude the whole place was on its feet for the BR show, not just the Baton Rouge supporters (which was probably 20% of the crowd). WM got mad props but they were just not as energetic during the show as they were during football season. Clinton had the best drill execution of all bands and they were very clean musically, Central was a complete band as well. The BR band was deservedly so the winner, though. I don't think you were saying they were not deserving, though.

I don't know of anyone who said Smiley didn't have any sound. Whoever said that must be DEAF!!! Smiley was blowing!!! Are they going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year???

BTW, I do think the "medium" sized bands were not judged fairly. WM should have been in that category because of their size. I was kinda leaning towards Marshall over Forest Brook in that category. Also, Westbury should not have won best percussion over FB.

I know I shouldn't be on this site, but I have to take up fo my school. Sorry. LOL.

Anyway, yes we will be at Mardi Grase this year. We will be doing ZULU, Edynimon, Morgan City and umm some parade in Homer is like Friday tha 28th at night.

Originally posted by ac03me
I know I shouldn't be on this site, but I have to take up fo my school. Sorry. LOL.

Anyway, yes we will be at Mardi Grase this year. We will be doing ZULU, Edynimon, Morgan City and umm some parade in Homer is like Friday tha 28th at night.

You must mean HOUMA...that's my hometown. You will be the feature band in that parade, I'm sure, unless they got a few other showbands to march. I will be at Endymion because ya'll should be able to do a lil something this year.

Originally posted by jag4life

Dude the whole place was on its feet for the BR show, not just the Baton Rouge supporters (which was probably 20% of the crowd). WM got mad props but they were just not as energetic during the show as they were during football season. Clinton had the best drill execution of all bands and they were very clean musically, Central was a complete band as well. The BR band was deservedly so the winner, though. I don't think you were saying they were not deserving, though.

I don't know of anyone who said Smiley didn't have any sound. Whoever said that must be DEAF!!! Smiley was blowing!!! Are they going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year???

BTW, I do think the "medium" sized bands were not judged fairly. WM should have been in that category because of their size. I was kinda leaning towards Marshall over Forest Brook in that category. Also, Westbury should not have won best percussion over FB.

Oh no don't get me wrong they definitely deserved their win, I just wasn't nearly as impressed as the crowd seemed to be. I really didn't see anything in their show that warranted such a response when the other bands I mentioned didn't get the same response. And on that Smiley power issue, I just remember a couple of SPer's claiming Smiley wasn't producing for their size.

You right on the medium sized bands. Forest Brook should not have placed at all. It looked like they had never performed a halftime show in their lives. What actualy happened, did they have WM as a large band?

I must say that from where I was sitting it was the energy of their supporters that did a lot to get the rest of the crowd up. Really Clinton probably had the most energetic field entrance but those BR fans were ready to cheer for anything BR did.

As for Smiley....now thats my kinda field show, reminded me of the Storm from the mid 90's. Good Job.

As for Smiley....now thats my kinda field show, reminded me of the Storm from the mid 90's. Good Job.

Did you expect anything different from Mark.

For The Most Part I'm agreeing with everyones comment. The Baton Rouge Allstars did rep. Their Sound was clean, powerfu, and they executed decently. But you all have to give props to Smiley. Even though their band was bigger, they actually had alot less Brass then BR All-stars and volume wise they still was by far the loudest. Their sound quality was decent also. Also, Smiley was one of a few bands that did not do an SU type show so I would have to give them credit for that.

Other than that, mad props goes out to the rest of the LA schools even though it seemed to me who was trying to do the best SU imitation.

execution wise Clinton was the best, they were pumping and driving.

Wa-Marion sound was clean and much Powerful for their size, and the drills were good.

Pine Bluff High from Arkansas did good too..nice show and dancers

Central High, much props. Even though you all just changed directors you all still got it.

Of all the bands there that night, Pine Bluff got the biggets shaft! There is no way FB should have even placed. They came out the hole with crooked lines. WTF?

Say Jag4life, keep me posted about The Mardi Gras parade. I might want to make that trip too. I hate going places by myself though.

BR all-stars clean? Did not sound clean in the parade. They were good but if it takes all the folks across the city of BR to do something in Houston then we're alright.

I forgot about Pine Bluff, were they in the large or medium category? They should have one something though cuz Forest Brook was str8 terrible.

That Pine Bluff DM was givin a lil too much for me though. I guess I just don't care for that DM style lol.

I was expecting more sound on the fanfare at the beginnig of BR's show.

I forgot about Pine Bluff, were they in the large or medium category? They should have one something though cuz Forest Brook was str8 terrible.

That Pine Bluff DM was givin a lil too much for me though. I guess I just don't care for that DM style lol.

I was expecting more sound on the fanfare at the beginnig of BR's show.

Pine Bluff was in the Medium category. They did not have their entire band.

I was also expecting more on BR's fanfare. However, they brought it on the drill!

Back