Banging in Little Rock 2 on HBO August 26th

buckwheat

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/gangwar2/index.html

Filmmakers Marc Levin and Daphne Pinkerson exposed gang warfare in the heartland with the 1994 award-winning HBO documentary "Gang War: Bangin' in Little Rock." Now, ten years later the filmmakers return with updates on former gang members who are working to keep other youths in their community out of gang life while struggling to live their own productive lives.

Premieres Thursday, August 26th at 10:00pm ET/PT.

I'm glad they showed the synopsis that former gang members are giving back to the community. It was real rough here in Little Rock 12 years ago. Everyday somebody was getting killed. It was really rough, I mean it was really rough. To me it was like Washington, D.C. in the South.

But now it has calmed down a whole lot, it could be better though but nothing like it was in the early 90's. They are not banging like they were 12 years ago. I'm going to check this out.

I was shocked by how much our gangs had influenced kids in a different part of the country. Our gang culture has been in existance for over thirty years when that documentary made. I still to this day can't figure out why they took to so fast.

I like wars, I'm from a city full of Vice Lords, and GD's
Breeds and Souls, 2-6's, Kings, BD's and Stones
Spanish cobras and all the true soldiers, survive and I'm gone!

Twista - Art & Life

northern tiger said:
I was shocked by how much our gangs had influenced kids in a different part of the country. Our gang culture has been in existance for over thirty years when that documentary made. I still to this day can't figure out why they took to so fast.

I like wars, I'm from a city full of Vice Lords, and GD's
Breeds and Souls, 2-6's, Kings, BD's and Stones
Spanish cobras and all the true soldiers, survive and I'm gone!

Twista - Art & Life
I see you are a true westsider. Them stones run that westside.Twista and kelly role deep with them. Everytime I see a making of the video they in the background!!!!!

CEE DOG said:
I see you are a true westsider. Them stones run that westside.Twista and kelly role deep with them. Everytime I see a making of the video they in the background!!!!!

Naw man! They straight V/L on the Westside. P-Stones are on the Soutside. But they are both under the same nation though (Five point, All's Well).

I got more rhymes than The Manor got folks(six point)
Had style since I went to McDowell, wearin' boats
And penny loafers though I had the nickel in mines
We use to hoop in my yard but now I dribble the rhyme
It's like rain drops couldn't make our game stop
Skeeter would hit from the SAME spot
'til Marlon tore my **** down, get down,
Put your body in motion only the strong survive
But on the 6 or the 5.

Common (Sense)
Album: Resurrection
Song: Nuthin' to Do

CEE DOG said:

My fault, I forgot about the Cobra Stones. I am getting old. :lmao:

I personally hope they do not go through with this. I remember when "COLORS" came out and every lil B@STard in St. Louis was trying to be a Crip or a Blood. It was so many lives lost between 1989 - present. That movie and show did nothing but glorify Gang violence in the Midwest and beyond.

St. Louis ni99as had never heard of Cuzz and Blood. They had no idea with a Rolling 60, 62uece, Kitchen Crip, 107, 104 or Piru was.

Then them fools made Crip & Blood CD's. :xeye: Now we got Rapping 60's. OMG, that time was a mess. I remember dudes used to roll around playing PIRU love (computer Love - Roger Zapp). Like I said this was a _ _ _ :( time in the city of St. Louis, and I hope they never bring movies or shows this Sh1t back.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but this a link that gives the origins on some of the gangs that were in the first "Bangin' in Little Rock". I deal with a prison system outside of Illinois and the Chicago gains run the population. I still can't get over that.

http://www.freewebs.com/chicagomobs/

Back