Band fraternity barred from Alabama A&M for 20 years

from the outside looking in after watching the video it looks like Trump supporting white supremacists no longer want black people in their band organization....

KKPsi/TBSigma was founded at Oklahoma State .... one of the most least diverse Trump loving college campuses out there. OSU has always had a reputation for being very anti-black and conservative (dog whistle for racist and elitist). Oklahoma State has never had more than 5% black... black people with sense don't want anything to do with that school. So it's no surprise KKPsi leadership which is 98% white (members are not 98% white) are embarking on this agenda we see today .... but I don't care ... take all the chapters ... they don't deserve black dollars and support b/c black people are lining the pockets of the frat big time. I may start my own BLACK founded band fraternity since some ppl out here whining about having one so much .... #WakeUp

Last edited:
I've already stated before KKPsi and TBSigma never wanted chapters on HBCU campuses. I read both groups was threatened with a lawsuit and they gave in to TOLERATE IT (big difference) .... and HBCU chapters are still not welcomed because they refuse to assimilate into the mainstream culture of the organizations. I went to a PWI for graduate school that had KKPsi and TBSigma chapters and they were completely different than what I seen with the HBCU chapters .... they never strolled, no probates, no line names, no nicknames, both were open to all genders, no long drawn out pledging processes, they hardly wore letters on campus, and they all looked like traditional band geeks. But it's so hard to tell brainwashed greek people anything that feel like their letters have magical powers so I just shake my head in pity. I'm seeing black people pay homage to white founders (racists) ... talking about "Wavey taught me" (another racist) ... it's scary and sad. And HBCU bands don't need KKPsi and TBSigma, they need HBCUs for money and clout we give them.

I understand your logic and I wanted to mention my far fetched reasoning. KKPsi was founded by white men and for white men at that time. KKPsi was originally started to be a "Fraternity" for Men only, but once the 70's came, KKPSI started to become more a club for the "white side" of the fraternity. The women started being allowed into the fraternity because there were no Tau Beta Sigma chapters at the school, so KKPSI at that time, in my opinion made a stupid decision of allowing women to join KKPSI at schools who didn't have TBS... I mean Charter a TBS chapter... But anyway...KKPSI is one sided a "Band club" at "Most" white schools, not all. KKPSI is so celebrated and represented by blacks in my opinion because it is a service fraternity rather than a social fraternity. KKPSI is like the Army/Marines, its THE SAME understanding of what you are, what you do, who you are amongst brothers from anywhere. You know just like the black military veterans past and present, we know how a whole lot of our fellow non black Veterans(KKpsi) don't want us there, and or respect us. Yes we know that. But we still serve honor and love what we do for the Purposes. Black chapters MADE KKPSI to what it is today. And yes, most blacks would say "oh they just wanted to be down with D9, or D9 rejects, or they wanted to be halfway like the Ques and half like the Alphas.... But No. Its a service, an honor to serve, to have served for what we love. The Amry/Marines is just like the Founders of KKPSI and why we celebrate and honor them as white man, is strictly only for starting this great fraternity and showing honor and respect as at the end of the day what we all shall do "as men, as brothers, as people" KKPSI has its own identity compared to the D-9 and other "service fraternities such as APhiQ, Phi Kappa Psi, and campus orgs from different universities and colleges, schools. In particular, KKPSI in many many brothers lives is loved more than there "Black greek fraternity". Ive been told that quite a few times that by older brothers before I crossed Psi in 2005. "Aint Nothing like Psi" was the qoute, message. And it is very true. The only black greek brotherhood I can possibly put close to Psi is Omega Psi Phi. But like I said, its close. But ours is a tad bit greater because it involves brothers of all nationalities, races, etc. Ive walked past many of my D9 brothers in stores, mall, events, etc (with letters, or something on) and theyl walk right past me. No love, no brotherhood, Just that same ol black greek individual selfish mentality stereotypical crap. But let it be another brother of KKPSI and there breaking there necks coming to holler at me. I remember bayou classic, years back I was in a Arby's I was sitting down with family, and some young dudes came up to me wanting to dap me up while I was eating and my cousins stood up like someone was running up on me. But it was all love. I never experienced that with my D9 frat, Nor seen it with others. KKPSI is on some celebrity status, because Everybody truly cant be KKPSI, but just about anyone can be D9, just have the grades or the degree, and shake a few hands, go to a few events, buy enough chicken and beer. But see with KKPSI, KKPSI dont work like that, Its how exclusive you are as a bandmember, your bandsmanship, musicianship, how you carry yourself, your leadership, and etc that gets you in the door. All about what "You actually do", not what you look like you can do or look like, or look to par like, or have a personality like. Most D9 peiple out here being a stereotype, a individual, and serving the community at a lower level. But its all about dressing up, and strolling, and looking or fitting the profile with Black D9 Greeks now.

I understand your logic and I wanted to mention my far fetched reasoning. KKPsi was founded by white men and for white men at that time. KKPsi was originally started to be a "Fraternity" for Men only, but once the 70's came, KKPSI started to become more a club for the "white side" of the fraternity. The women started being allowed into the fraternity because there were no Tau Beta Sigma chapters at the school, so KKPSI at that time, in my opinion made a stupid decision of allowing women to join KKPSI at schools who didn't have TBS... I mean Charter a TBS chapter... But anyway...KKPSI is one sided a "Band club" at "Most" white schools, not all. KKPSI is so celebrated and represented by blacks in my opinion because it is a service fraternity rather than a social fraternity. KKPSI is like the Army/Marines, its THE SAME understanding of what you are, what you do, who you are amongst brothers from anywhere. You know just like the black military veterans past and present, we know how a whole lot of our fellow non black Veterans(KKpsi) don't want us there, and or respect us. Yes we know that. But we still serve honor and love what we do for the Purposes. Black chapters MADE KKPSI to what it is today. And yes, most blacks would say "oh they just wanted to be down with D9, or D9 rejects, or they wanted to be halfway like the Ques and half like the Alphas.... But No. Its a service, an honor to serve, to have served for what we love. The Amry/Marines is just like the Founders of KKPSI and why we celebrate and honor them as white man, is strictly only for starting this great fraternity and showing honor and respect as at the end of the day what we all shall do "as men, as brothers, as people" KKPSI has its own identity compared to the D-9 and other "service fraternities such as APhiQ, Phi Kappa Psi, and campus orgs from different universities and colleges, schools. In particular, KKPSI in many many brothers lives is loved more than there "Black greek fraternity". Ive been told that quite a few times that by older brothers before I crossed Psi in 2005. "Aint Nothing like Psi" was the qoute, message. And it is very true. The only black greek brotherhood I can possibly put close to Psi is Omega Psi Phi. But like I said, its close. But ours is a tad bit greater because it involves brothers of all nationalities, races, etc. Ive walked past many of my D9 brothers in stores, mall, events, etc (with letters, or something on) and theyl walk right past me. No love, no brotherhood, Just that same ol black greek individual selfish mentality stereotypical crap. But let it be another brother of KKPSI and there breaking there necks coming to holler at me. I remember bayou classic, years back I was in a Arby's I was sitting down with family, and some young dudes came up to me wanting to dap me up while I was eating and my cousins stood up like someone was running up on me. But it was all love. I never experienced that with my D9 frat, Nor seen it with others. KKPSI is on some celebrity status, because Everybody truly cant be KKPSI, but just about anyone can be D9, just have the grades or the degree, and shake a few hands, go to a few events, buy enough chicken and beer. But see with KKPSI, KKPSI dont work like that, Its how exclusive you are as a bandmember, your bandsmanship, musicianship, how you carry yourself, your leadership, and etc that gets you in the door. All about what "You actually do", not what you look like you can do or look like, or look to par like, or have a personality like. Most D9 peiple out here being a stereotype, a individual, and serving the community at a lower level. But its all about dressing up, and strolling, and looking or fitting the profile with Black D9 Greeks now.

Even though I'm not a fan of greekdom for good reason ... many of my friends and family are in it so I've always had a profound understanding of it. I can tell you stories of Oues publicly displaying unbrotherly behavior ... everything ain't what it seems but I would also say out of all the frats they seem to get along the best because their frat is the most selective (never seen an undergrad or grad line over 12) and many were effecitvely indoctrinated with their mantra of friendship is essential to the soul. Most people who join D9 organizations have always joined for the wrong reasons ... usually the last thing on their mind is brotherhood and sisterhood and it shows ... they join out of family or peer pressure, want to feel important, business connections, love the idea of hazing people, they love the secrecy of it all, the strolling, the parties, the greek groupies, the step shows, on and so forth. There are way too many D9 members ... especially with "grad chapters" popping up everywhere that actually operate like undergrad chapters .... they are selling a fantasy and black folks are buying it (not free at all). And a lot of people don't understand that there is a lot of intentional financial mismanagement within the D9 and it's making D9 leaders very wealthy.

KKPsi/TBSigma is more of a club at most PWI campuses, that's a great way to put it. And membership to KKPsi/TBSigma has more stringent requirements so of course it's more of a "close-knit" environment ... membership is small relative to the D9 organizations. But my thing is it bothers me to see black people fight to be in spaces where they are not wanted and don't need to be ... KKPsi/TBS leadership is overwhelmingly white which isn't reflective of the current membership, penalties for the black chapters are harsher than the non-black ones, the history of the organization is problematic, there's a huge culture conflict between the black and non-black chapters .... KKPsi/TBSigma has sent a clear message that black chapters are tolerated but not wanted ... but some of that is the black chapters own fault, most of the white chapters ain't with all that hazing/pledging stuff like the black ones are b/c it leads to lawsuits and bad press. Besides I would think the band brotherhood should be strongest with your actual bandmates, section mates, and fellow crabs. After all, they walked the same field you did, represent the same university you did, had the same process you did ... that's all the band brotherhood you need right there and it's at no additional cost. KKPsi/TBSigma conventions, purchasing of 'nalia, and annual fees add up and very little if any of it goes to your favorite band (your alma mater's). And as far as community service goes, I know the Ocean of Soul Alumni chapter do a lot of community service, I would think it's the same for the other SWAC/HBCU bands.

Last edited:
Well, I will be the first to say that being apart say that after being apart of a black greek organization. KKPSI out performs most black greek organizations when it comes to brotherhood, service, and commitment to the purposes of the fraternity. Black greeks are so divided even within and amongst themselves involving same orgs, diff chapters. That "If you aint Beta Psi chapter Mu Mu Phi (d9) you aint real. But KKPSI don't do that, never too much really did. That's why white greeks don't take D9 greeks seriously. Because there isny any true Brotherhood, not true service. Everybody just individually trying to put on letters, throw up a sign, fit the look, fit the stereotype, and rep a chapter more than the organization with D9. We don't respect one another as black men, grad or undergrad. Ive gotten disrespected so much by my own "D9" brothers... Not ONCE by any KKPSI brothers from another chapter..... That's why im not into that whole "woke" thing with black people, because We as a people are Not together. Especially young black men and black men period. And that's a whole another topic and post. Yall can have the "pro black" thing. Because we still operate how we do as a people. So yea, Let me go ahead and love KKPSI the way I do for ALL that it is and provides more what I GOT from my own (made for me) D9 organization.

Well, I will be the first to say that being apart say that after being apart of a black greek organization. KKPSI out performs most black greek organizations when it comes to brotherhood, service, and commitment to the purposes of the fraternity. Black greeks are so divided even within and amongst themselves involving same orgs, diff chapters. That "If you aint Beta Psi chapter Mu Mu Phi (d9) you aint real. But KKPSI don't do that, never too much really did. That's why white greeks don't take D9 greeks seriously. Because there isny any true Brotherhood, not true service. Everybody just individually trying to put on letters, throw up a sign, fit the look, fit the stereotype, and rep a chapter more than the organization with D9. We don't respect one another as black men, grad or undergrad. Ive gotten disrespected so much by my own "D9" brothers... Not ONCE by any KKPSI brothers from another chapter..... That's why im not into that whole "woke" thing with black people, because We as a people are Not together. Especially young black men and black men period. And that's a whole another topic and post. Yall can have the "pro black" thing. Because we still operate how we do as a people. So yea, Let me go ahead and love KKPSI the way I do for ALL that it is and provides more what I GOT from my own (made for me) D9 organization.

Well mainstream KKPsi is a more of a fun club for people who love the art of music which is why women were allowed to join. Everyone in KKPsi have a strong common interest ... MUSIC .... it's not really politically driven either which makes it more tolerable. The D9 organizations are extremely politically driven and don't really have a strong common interest b/c as I stated people join for all kinds of reasons and rarely for the reason they are supposed to. I've seen my uncle snatch jackets off of members who skated or got in through the back door (lawsuits, botched line process, etc) ... that's just how it is ... the good news is black people are not required to become greek to live LOL. Also I happen to know that Southern and LSU AKAs hate each other ... and this has been going on for years. Like it's just so much petty unnecessary drama and division due to the D9 and we as black people need to be a very strong unit to effectively fight racism ... I mean the white man see us all as n-words regardless of greek affiliation status.

It'll be interesting to see how all this play out, I'll be watching. The best band in the land, The Human Jukebox, has seemingly moved on completely from ever wanting to house KKPsi/TBSigma chapters again, I wonder how many more will follow.

Last edited:
I didn't know that about SU and LSU AKA's, but that just proves my point. I mean I'm "Completely Over" the D9 Greek experience. Completely over it......

Back